• 1 Post By Woodman
  • 1 Post By 94badbird
  • 1 Post By 94badbird
  • 1 Post By 94badbird

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

modded 94lx , want to trade

I have a 94 lx ive now had for close to a year..im just looking to get in something a bit different.i am looking to trade for a 96+ mark viii lsc perferably with the coil over conversion , 96+ mustang gt or a 94to95 if it has atleast headers n exhaust , a 32v swapped mn12 or a 97 cougar sport maby a 94to95 5spd sc or if pre must have some mods and not factory head gaskets, i know i wont get it but a sc swapped mustang, maybe 99+ jeep grand cherokee laredo 4.7l or if its a 4.0 must have either a lift or black on black.i can also add in an LG 55in 4k tv with the rite deal,tv is 20months old only..im located in the U.P just north of hurley WI.
Info on the 94: it is higher miles but everything works and it runs great. Even the ac works.its only issues are it needs a front strut mount bushing and a minor exhaust leak behind the mid muffler. The drivers seat has a split and a spot of wear, passengers side das has a little crack and a few chips here and there in the paint. No rust and a cleaner underbody. I will take a video of cold start and flaws tomorrow in the light.
Mods are. Npi manifold swap, 75mm throttlebody, 75mm plenum, 3in cold airintake with filter in bumper, 80mm mafs, 24lb injectors, jerry chip, jmod, exhaust from cats back with no rear cats of mufflers,egr delete,cd player, 1600 watt amp and 2x 12s, sc bumpers, xenon side skirts, vfn fiberglass 3in cowl hood with working latch and hood pins and a bra, 17in oz rims and it might have gears but im guessing 327s it seems to shift like my 97 sport did not like my last 95.
I bought the car sight unseen so i thought it was stock with sc bumpers..i added some mods and new bumpers as the old ones were cracked and 89 sc bumpers. I found it had exhaust as soon as i started it.
Just this winter ive seafoamed it, engine and coolant flush, synthetic 5w20 oil and water wetter added to coolant and Zmax in crank case. 50/50 trans fluid change and filter also added Zmax, iradium quad tip spark plugs, random sensors, cleaned mafs..also has a nice new windsheild thanks to vandals and the passengers side 1/4 window isnt tinted as that was smashed too. They even got passengers door window so thats new too,not that it matters.
My 94 did leak a drop or two of i never figured out but i added leak stop to everything and let it sit a month and cycled fluids thats why i recently changed them all and it hasnt leaked anything since. I actually think that my oil drain plug wasnt all the way tight..
My car looks nice, drives,stops,shifts and steers like it should with the exception of that rattly strut mount. Its actually pretty peppy too for the few mods it has. Buuut it looks and sounds faster than it is,lol..it also has no cel on and throws no codes.
With the trade it must drive as nice as my car and have no rust or dents.the more mods the better.
I added a few quick pics below but will add a video tomorrow. And since the pic i added hood pins and a hood bra.
O yea, the cruise control doesnt work and it doesnt have a sunroof. And i dont drive it in winter i just had to put fresh gas in her.i also stillhave the stock hood if ur not a fan of the cowl,i love them personally.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1222161629a.jpg (1.96 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 1207161128.jpg (1.39 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 0113171645.jpg (1.39 MB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 1227162338.jpg (1.51 MB, 19 views)

I WANT TO TRADE a 75mm throttlebody and exremly ported vic plenum and a set of 24lb injectors FOR a pi intake and alternator bracket and hopefully valleytube and nipple, pm me!!!

Last edited by 94badbird; 01-28-2017 at 10:39 PM.
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

more info and video added.
Clean title, never been in a wreck, i never beat on it,yet..odometer read 199k which i dont think is rite,wayy to clean..someone at some point accessed the cluster and im betting they changed the whole speedo rather than fixing a bad gear.i personally have done it not wanting to rebuild a speedofor the bagillionth time.
https://youtu.be/0_z4v0wfxUg

I WANT TO TRADE a 75mm throttlebody and exremly ported vic plenum and a set of 24lb injectors FOR a pi intake and alternator bracket and hopefully valleytube and nipple, pm me!!!
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Would it be worth it for me to trade my bird for an 04 white with black trim trailblazer and an 05 kia spectre 5spd, both have alot of dealer replaced parts and no rust or dents on either..bolth though are at 180k ish miles.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 07:37 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94badbird View Post
Would it be worth it for me to trade my bird for an 04 white with black trim trailblazer and an 05 kia spectre 5spd, both have alot of dealer replaced parts and no rust or dents on either..bolth though are at 180k ish miles.
That's completely up to you man.

Have you put it on the MN-12 trading post on Facebook? That gets a little more attention than the forums lately.
CDsDontBurn likes this.

97 Thunderbird LX (The GT Bird)
2003 Explorer WAP block with Modular Head Shop "street ported" heads and Stage 2 PI NA cams, 75mm Accufab throttle body, C&L upper intake plenum, Kooks 1.75" primary/3" collector headers, 2.5" full exhaust with mid mount Magnaflow dual in/out muffler, 24lb/hr injectors, 80mm MAF, Tuning from Don @ www.lasotaracing.com, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels with 35mm offset, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
That's completely up to you man.

Have you put it on the MN-12 trading post on Facebook? That gets a little more attention than the forums lately.
Ive never made a facebook, not my thing..

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 08:37 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Ive never made a facebook, not my thing..
I understand.

A friend of mine here in MN saw you ad on Craigslist though and sent me a link to it.

If you want I can link your CL ad to the MN-12 page so they can get in touch with you.

More eyes looking at it is always a good thing.
CDsDontBurn likes this.

2003 Explorer WAP block with Modular Head Shop "street ported" heads and Stage 2 PI NA cams, 75mm Accufab throttle body, C&L upper intake plenum, Kooks 1.75" primary/3" collector headers, 2.5" full exhaust with mid mount Magnaflow dual in/out muffler, 24lb/hr injectors, 80mm MAF, Tuning from Don @ www.lasotaracing.com, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels with 35mm offset, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Quote:
I understand.

A friend of mine here in MN saw you ad on Craigslist though and sent me a link to it.

If you want I can link your CL ad to the MN-12 page so they can get in touch with you.

More eyes looking at it is always a good thing.
I would appreciate it,thnx..
Its time i get a mark or mustang

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 09:32 AM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
I would appreciate it,thnx..
Its time i get a mark or mustang
There's a Mark over by me that's only $1000, red, needs paint (Clear is peeling) and has an exhaust leak I think. 175K, but can be cleaned up well.

Seriously though, why not just upgrade the engine on your Thunderbird instead? Mark VIII at best is 290/290, which is 245 at the wheels, and they carry a lot of extra weight and complexity due to the air ride system, full leather, etc.

If you put PI heads/cams/intake on your shortblock and the fuel rail off a 96/97 Thunderbird/cougar or similar year Crown Vic, Underdrive pullies, your better throttle body/upper elbow you're looking at 280 hp to the engine with a good tune. Add headers and you pick up more, and if you spend money on better cams, or even trick flow heads/cams then you're making 300HP or more easily for a fraction of what you'd have to invest into a Mark VIII to get it looking good.

You've already done a lot of work on your car, it wouldn't take much to get it performing very well.

And this is just my personal opinion, but I liked my first Thunderbird and my current Thunderbird a lot more than I did my Mustang. I had a stock 97 LX 4.6, it got rear ended, so I bought a 1999 Mustang GT 5 speed. It was quick, it was fun, but it rode like shit, was much twitchier around corners, and was much more inclined to spin than the Thunderbird. My current car has many upgrades. Better wheels and tires, better brakes, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars, better shocks, Eibach lowering springs, shock tower bracing front and rear, Mark VIII Torque Converter, 93 Mark VIII one piece driveshaft, Mark VIII rear diff carrier and lower control arms (aluminum) and it had a PI Swapped motor (Full PI with headers/cams/ported heads going in) and it was a lot more fun to drive than the Mustang, along with having a much better quality ride and much more stable handling.

Buy what you really want, nothing wrong with that, but me personally, I'll take a Thunderbird over a similar year Mustang any day.

Last edited by Woodman; 02-12-2017 at 09:39 AM.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 12:38 PM
PostWhore

Garage
And I did link it for sale in the MN-12 Classifieds group for you.
GLWS

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

thanks for the help bud..
I was never happy with the performance of a n/a sohc 4.6 even my n2o one only ran low 14s..i had a 32v tbird and wished id never sold it..and when i had a pi swapped bolt on 97 bird mt buddies near stock mark8 was as fast..i just want a newstyle mark and all i want on it is a cobra intake and exhaust and cowl hood maby cobra brakes n rims too,lol..
But if i cant move this car if, if i find someone who knows how to 32v swap i will pay em or give them my eng and whats left of the mark parts car to do the work..a pi swap for this car,i wont bother..most more i will do is a pi intake and thats only if i can sell my spare parts to pay for it..

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:38 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
thanks for the help bud..
I was never happy with the performance of a n/a sohc 4.6 even my n2o one only ran low 14s..i had a 32v tbird and wished id never sold it..and when i had a pi swapped bolt on 97 bird mt buddies near stock mark8 was as fast..i just want a newstyle mark and all i want on it is a cobra intake and exhaust and cowl hood maby cobra brakes n rims too,lol..
But if i cant move this car if, if i find someone who knows how to 32v swap i will pay em or give them my eng and whats left of the mark parts car to do the work..a pi swap for this car,i wont bother..most more i will do is a pi intake and thats only if i can sell my spare parts to pay for it..
Hey man, pulling and installing a motor isn't that bad. I never pulled one, and a friend of mine and I got it out in a day, I tore the dead motor down, learned a lot, it's easily doable.

Get an engine hoist on Ebay, an engine stand, and just go for it It's just nuts and bolts.
CDsDontBurn likes this.

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

I could do a direct swap, i put a build aod in my 93 by my self with never even changing fluid befor it and it was easy buuut swapping over to a 32v id have no clue, i just remember on mine looking at the modded manifolds thinking,some work alone went in them.

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:37 AM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
I could do a direct swap, i put a build aod in my 93 by my self with never even changing fluid befor it and it was easy buuut swapping over to a 32v id have no clue, i just remember on mine looking at the modded manifolds thinking,some work alone went in them.
Fundamentally, they're the same motor, only the intake manifold, heads, and exhaust manifolds are "different". You can flip the polarity on the fuel injectors (easy), lengthen a few wires on the harness (also easy), and get a tune.

Take your time, don't rush it, and you'll be good. There's all kinds of info here on how to do it all.

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Anybody any interesting trades?
I will sell it for 2700$ it also stopped making that buzz noise, It was dirty alternator and the feedback cam not from the speakers but the door chime speaker thingy.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

A few new pics after a washing and newly painted tbody n plenum
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0221170839a.jpg (991.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 0221170840a.jpg (734.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 0221170841.jpg (1.03 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 0221170840.jpg (1.05 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 0221170843.jpg (1.24 MB, 9 views)

Last edited by 94badbird; 02-22-2017 at 11:58 AM.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 12:16 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
A few new pics after a washing and newly painted tbody n plenum
Where in Wisconsin are you, and what all has been done to the car modification wise?

I am in Duluth, MN, and have a friend who really wants a Thunderbird.

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

LI'm just north of hurley in ironwood mi..
I think it has shift kit po told me and I think it has 327 gears judging by shift points and rpms but speedo is spot on..
Engine has gt npi manifold and fuelrail,24lb injectors,75mm tbody and 75mm plenum, 75mm modified mustang cai, 80mm mafs, exhaust with no rear cats or mufflers,egr delete,chipped ecu,sc bumpers and xenon sideskirts,17in oz rims,3in fiberglass cowl hood,CD player,amp and 2x 12in subs..runs,drives,steers all great.
With all I have in the car I can't take any lower than 2700. I just spent over 1000 just for glass for the car.
Also new fluids,plugs,added Zmax,royalpurple fuel system treatment and even seafoamed it..she well road worthy,I would feel comfortable driving this car anywhere.
Woodman likes this.

Last edited by 94badbird; 02-23-2017 at 09:35 PM.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Quote:
Where in Wisconsin are you, and what all has been done to the car modification wise?

I am in Duluth, MN, and have a friend who really wants a Thunderbird.
I can be a friend who really want to get his bird out the nest and stable a stang or abduct a markviii...
Woodman likes this.

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 12:51 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
LI'm just north of hurley in ironwood mi..
I think it has shift kit po told me and I think it has 327 gears judging by shift points and rpms but speedo is spot on..
Engine has gt npi manifold and fuelrail,24lb injectors,75mm tbody and 75mm plenum, 75mm modified mustang cai, 80mm mafs, exhaust with no rear cats or mufflers,egr delete,chipped ecu,sc bumpers and xenon sideskirts,17in oz rims,3in fiberglass cowl hood,CD player,amp and 2x 12in subs..runs,drives,steers all great.
With all I have in the car I can't take any lower than 2700. I just spent over 1000 just for glass for the car.
Also new fluids,plugs,added Zmax,royalpurple fuel system treatment and even seafoamed it..she well road worthy,I would feel comfortable driving this car anywhere.
I think 2700 is out of his price range, but I'll clue him in on it.

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

I found any mn12 under 2k has either cancer , fade or a needs a new eng or trans...I've been seeing stock mn12 selling for more than id want
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 09:10 AM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
I found any mn12 under 2k has either cancer , fade or a needs a new eng or trans...I've been seeing stock mn12 selling for more than id want
I see them for sale, I don't necessarily see them selling that high.

I'm not going to tell you what to sell it for, it's your car, you decide what it's worth to you. Just saying, in my personal opinion, I think you're asking a lot for a mostly stock car.

For example, I bought a fully PI swapped, tuned, rust free, lowered, braced, jmodded, 3.73 geared 97LX for $3000. The paint is worn out, but overall in excellent shape. Body and underbody are clean, it has a lot of the desireable to me modifications, and I felt it was worth $3000. If I were in the market, yours having mismatched bumpers and hood, being stock ride height, and having no real performance modifications to either the engine, transmission, or suspension, I just couldn't justify paying $2700 for it considering there are other cars for sale here with 32V swaps, lots of suspension modifications, etc for about the same price.

Now, seeing as how you like these cars alot too, and you have a great base to start with, it wouldn't be hard at all to put a 32v motor in yourself, upgrade the transmission, etc. You can learn a lot from these forums and you tube videos, up till last year, I had never pulled my own motor, and while I do have help with a good friend, we're doing all the work ourselves, and other than a few things like setting the timing and actually needing muscle to help pull/replace the motor, it's all on me. Just get a good manual, read up on the appropriate posts here, and make yourself a really bad ass, unique car that you really like.

Of course, that's all my opinion, you do what you want, and you sell it for what you think it's worth. Just giving my insight into it. Regarding my friend, he's only got about $1500, and I won't insult you by having him offer you that.

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

The car you listed doesn't have but pi heads more than mine, mine has gears just better stock and my visuals as in bumpers,skirts and hood n rims are worth 1000 alone, factor in mods and how clean it is..I think its a fair price,I would sellthe car complete factory stock in this shape for atleast 1500.
And those 32v you speAK of all need major work or an entire another diner body..
Mine could drive cross country as is, again that pi car would barely beat mine..just 2 days when it was nice outing was neck n neck with a new edge get with atleAst exhaust,20ish to about 110 he was only halfcar length in front..soooo my mods have beefed up this car speed wise, I know how poor a stock 95 performs.mine would eat one.
Sound like my 97 sold few yeArs back, did it have a rubber sideskirt kit? And cloth seats and an alpine CD player?
And you consider these mods on a 95 stock? 75mm tbody 75mm plenum, 75mm cai, 24lb injectors, 80mm mafs, npi intake swap, full exhaust,323 gears , mild shift kit,sc bumpers and vfn cowl hood which are best styled imo, rims for when brake swap happens and a ecu chip?
I see mn12 in yours and my area and mine is by farther best for price, I can't find MacLean stock v8 for under 2800.. Clean ones people are asking four to fivethousand,loll..

Last edited by 94badbird; 02-28-2017 at 10:13 AM.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Slightly Disjointed
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
You do know "mods" don't increase value right?

-Matt
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 12:26 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
The car you listed doesn't have but pi heads more than mine, mine has gears just better stock and my visuals as in bumpers,skirts and hood n rims are worth 1000 alone, factor in mods and how clean it is..I think its a fair price,I would sellthe car complete factory stock in this shape for atleast 1500.
And those 32v you speAK of all need major work or an entire another diner body..
Mine could drive cross country as is, again that pi car would barely beat mine..just 2 days when it was nice outing was neck n neck with a new edge get with atleAst exhaust,20ish to about 110 he was only halfcar length in front..soooo my mods have beefed up this car speed wise, I know how poor a stock 95 performs.mine would eat one.
Sound like my 97 sold few yeArs back, did it have a rubber sideskirt kit? And cloth seats and an alpine CD player?
And you consider these mods on a 95 stock? 75mm tbody 75mm plenum, 75mm cai, 24lb injectors, 80mm mafs, npi intake swap, full exhaust,323 gears , mild shift kit,sc bumpers and vfn cowl hood which are best styled imo, rims for when brake swap happens and a ecu chip?
I see mn12 in yours and my area and mine is by farther best for price, I can't find MacLean stock v8 for under 2800.. Clean ones people are asking four to fivethousand,loll..
Wait, do you have a PI intake, or an NPI intake? Either way, it doesn't add a ton of "value" to the car, it just makes it more appealing to someone who doesn't want to do the work themselves.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade either. Like I said, I was willing to pay $3000 for mine because I recognized the value in having one with most of the work I wanted to do already done to it. Once I put my Explorer motor, my $1700 head/cam combo, and my headers on, I still won't gain any more "value" to it except to a very specific couple of people who want that kind of stuff done to their car too. If I were to trade it in, I'd get book value, which is about $1600. It's a very hard sell to get more than book value on anything with a few exceptions.

You have a sharp looking car. Having the hood and bumpers matched so that it looks "finished" would go a long way towards you getting your asking price, but that's a lot of money to spend to make some money.

Again, you have a very good core to build off of in my opinion. If you want more power like you'd get from a stock Mark VIII, that is relatively easy to accomplish by dropping a Mark VIII engine in. Add headers, underdrives and your existing intake tube, maf to the Mark VIII, and you're looking at 300+ HP at the crank, and it'll wake it up nicely. A nice, itemized list of what you've got done to it would also help give some perceived "value" to it as that's work the prospective buyer won't have to do, know what I mean?

post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

I think 2700 is a pretty fair price I understand mods don't constitute a higher price but even if this car was completely stock I feel anything under 2000 would be a great deal I got the car almost completely stock and have put new brake pads on entire system fluids in the past few months spark plugs random sensors and it came with a mild shift kit and exhaust from front converters back I then started upgrading up and found it had an ECU chip and a larger mass air flow sensor I then put on an NPI manifold and corresponding swap accessories 75 millimeter throttle body 75 millimeter plenum custom 75 millimeter Mustang real cold air intake I also replace the front and rear bumpers as the old ones were cracked so I put super Coupe bumpers on and painted the side skirts to match it also came with the rims I also painted the spoiler black and did some pinstriping I put in a CD player professionally wired up and two 12-inch subs and an amp I also installed a vfn fiberglass 3-inch Cowl Hood. In the past month I put all new fluids in and conditioners new trans filter with a 50/50 flush and zMAX also added synthetic 5w 20 oil also zMAX the car as it sits right now I feel comfortable driving it anywhere the only two minor issues it has is a front strut bushing which rattles a little bit over big bumps and a tiny exhaust leak behind the mid Muffler which you can't even hear you can just see when it's cold other than that the car is solid you're hard-pressed to find another 94 this clean. 2700 isn't too much to ask in my opinion but that's why I preferred to trade the car for something rather than sell it because I have far more into it than when I'm trying to sell it for the new windows and it alone cost me over $1,000. So yeah it has a crystal Clearview out that windshield and side windows.
I take it back, my 97 pi swap I sold for 1400 or 1700, no rust but faded paint,cloth seats,no sunroof,was a j code too, pi heads n cams ,edelbrock vic Jr manifold,24s,73mm mars, 70mm tbody and port n polished plenum, full exhaust , xcal , jmod, 355 gears yes it had 355s not 73s and that rubber lower body kit..but my car nowise atleast twice as nice and its still tight , I know as A mn12 owner you know that's important.

Last edited by 94badbird; 02-28-2017 at 06:01 PM.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Heroes pics of it, all I've owned for the past 10 years are birds and cats. In very aware how to price them fairly and would even post one on here that's not worthy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1_zps513be595.jpg (37.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 3_zpsc7928710.jpg (29.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 4_zps57a84f2a.jpg (33.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 5_zpsbd298351.jpg (51.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 6_zps7af44b91.jpg (37.1 KB, 21 views)
Woodman likes this.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 07:03 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Why do you keep saying npi intake like it's some kind of upgrade?

You want a PI intake and PI heads. If it has a npi intake, it's stock with slightly better intake airflow from your MAF and throttle body, but nothing to back it up.

New brake pads, oil changes, etc are all basic maintenance, and if I'm paying more than $500 for a car, I kind of expect them to be in good condition.

I don't comment on paint jobs as everyone's tastes differ. If you like it, it's your car and that's the most important thing.

It may well be worth 2700, I can't say. I just know that the friend I have who wants one can't afford it, and that's all I'm worried about. I have no dog in the race, and it looks like a good car. GLWS.

post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Quote:
Why do you keep saying npi intake like it's some kind of upgrade?

You want a PI intake and PI heads. If it has a npi intake, it's stock with slightly better intake airflow from your MAF and throttle body, but nothing to back it up.

New brake pads, oil changes, etc are all basic maintenance, and if I'm paying more than $500 for a car, I kind of expect them to be in good condition.

I don't comment on paint jobs as everyone's tastes differ. If you like it, it's your car and that's the most important thing.

It may well be worth 2700, I can't say. I just know that the friend I have who wants one can't afford it, and that's all I'm worried about. I have no dog in the race, and it looks like a good car. GLWS.
I keep put emphasis on the NPI intake because it's a huge Improvement over what the old intake was was called an essex intake I believe which is an all-metal one with the throttle body on the rear and a violin intake it's completely non upgradeable the NPI intake howS.butp involves fuel rails rattle cables sensors and sensor pigtail changing that's why I did it, picbelow of stock engine AnD my added one it
the reason I didn't put Pi heads on it's beyond my capability and I didn't put a pi intake on because I didn't want to screw with the RTV on npi heads I wanted it for reliability but an NPI swap from what it was was just as detailed and lengthy if not more than I pee I swap an NPI car I also spent a few months hunting for the parts and had my car down for awhile and wanted to be driving a little bit before winter hit which I didn't end up getting to do thanks to some vandals smashed out my window because I had to save up to have those replaced.
My price also doesn't reflect any maintnence ,I did pretty much all I could so far besides fuel filter just for a piece of mind and have it be ready for summer cruising. Bought the car with intentions of never selling it but finally realized I want something a little different. This is a solid mn12 and your rite about its possibilities , in just limited by funds and know hows. But I'm slowly setting aside money for if this car sells I can upgrade oorr I will 32v swap it or turbo it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (12.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 0221170843.jpg (1.24 MB, 7 views)

Last edited by 94badbird; 03-01-2017 at 01:29 AM.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Sorry I can no longer sell the car, life just did a 180 ..I will try and stay in contact, you guys are awesome
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.