2Likes
  • 1 Post By Thunderstruck95
  • 1 Post By Trunk Monkey

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to fordsvtbird
1995 Fordsvtbird for sale.. can't believe it, but it's time

I thought very long and hard about this, but the time has come and I wanted to see if my baby could find a loving home to another MN12 person. I've had this car since I was 15 and yes, it's hard to imagine, but it's been 20 years this year. I have a very long list modifications and it's an absolute blast to drive. Some of you may have seen it when I had it up at the meet with the group a few years back. I recently moved last year and just don't have the time to keep up with it and I would rather the car get enjoyed and "finished" (Are they ever finished?)...

I have a Steigmeheir ported Eaton SC, pulleys, custom brackets, innovators west damper, metco lower pulley assembly and other parts that I'll throw in with it. Just finished the new custom fuel cell and assembly in trunk complete with in tank A100 and Holley performance mat pre-filter. The fuel system can handle up to 1500 HP as it is and it has integrated water tank with a Rule pump already installed (no plumbing for the water lines).

I've had plans the last 5 years to get the car supercharged and began pulling together parts, etc. I've got all the supercharger parts to put on the car minus the water lines to run from the tank to heat exchanger. It will need a custom intercooler or one that you can fit into the front bumper and then you're good to go. With a supercharger this car will have ~700 HP at the wheels which would be a monster. I just don't see myself getting it all done with my setup that I have with home and work. I have new lower front control arms that aren't installed as well. There's some old videos on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj8...Z4O-7RY5o2-8xg

When it was dyno tested at JPC with Jon Lund a few years ago there was a crossed wire and it still made good HP. It's about 500 hp on motor as it sits with the tune. Runs and drives fun, just needs some TLC to make it roadworthy (bleed the brakes, new front tires). The rear MT drag radials have plenty of tread left on them.

I also installed a 4K stall CircleD billet converter a few years ago and it's awesome. It's a lockup as well. The 4R70W has a ton of money on it with the Lentech full manual VB. So many upgrades and things it would make it too long. Feel free to call me with any questions. The motor alone has over $15K in it, trans $4K, rear $3K, and fuel system is about $5K.

The car will run 11s with little work or just a few pounds off as it is. With the Eaton included it'll be a 10second car for certain. Since the new motor was built it probably has less than 5K miles on it over the past 8 years. Life has taken over and it's just not a priority right now and I'd rather her go to a new home. 240-299-7434 The attached Word doc has a more extensive listing of the mods.

Let me know of any offers. Thanks, Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tbirdunderneath1.jpg (70.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg TBirdsideview.jpg (108.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Prostars.jpg (53.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Dashgauges.jpg (70.1 KB, 19 views)
Attached Files
File Type: doc 1995 Tbird mods.doc (27.0 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 02-23-2017 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Format for easier reading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 07:21 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Tell me about the wing please.

Beautiful car, if I had the money, I'd be all over it.

97 Thunderbird LX (The GT Bird)
PI Swapped NPI motor with some port work on the heads, PI cams, 80mm MAF, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 08:07 PM
4th Gear Poster

Garage
This looks like a really great car that you put a lot of thought and effort into. I have been looking through old posts and the pictures of your fuel cell are no longer there. If you have them handy, would you mind reposting them?

Good luck with the sale.
Woodman likes this.

1995 T-Bird. PI 4.6. Bullitt intake. Big MHS cams. 4,200 Dirty Dogg converter. Kooks headers. Full exhaust. 4" Drive Shaft. 4:10s.
Waiting on a tune.

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII FX2 Sand Dune Machine.

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC- stock

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 10:46 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
Tell me about the wing please.

Beautiful car, if I had the money, I'd be all over it.
+1

Fantastic build. I hope it finds a good new home.
Woodman likes this.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 06:04 PM
Veteran Poster

I have been looking for another car for a year now I just bought a stock one and a week later a modded one pops up. This always happens to me
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Thanks for the comments guys. Here's a few pics of the fuel cell that was finished last fall and I just got it installed and wired up before I moved so I could transport the car more easily. This tank is ridiculous really.. The fabricator and I spent a ton of hours to engineer it just right. There's no lines in the tank to replace or worry about since there's issues with AN lines submerged and also poly lines with longevity. It's all AN fittings from the Holley pre filter mat (https://holley.com/products/fuel_sys...s/parts/16-107) directly to the pump and then fittings to the bung through the tank. I thought through the water tank sweating and having water drip on a track or the road.. so, the solution was a double walled tank, but it still looks like a single wall. All the water tank fittings are through the double pieces of aluminum and welded and there's also a bleeder plug should it ever sweat enough to puddle in between. That way you don't have to worry about water at the track or condensate outside of the tank if you put ice in it. : ) Let me know if you have any other questions about the motor or anything else. I can grab a pic of it in the car tomorrow and post up if needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V__5D08.jpg (411.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg V__9A86.jpg (238.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg V__10E9.jpg (439.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg V__23D5.jpg (394.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg V__89B5.jpg (355.3 KB, 9 views)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 07:57 PM
4th Gear Poster

Garage
That tank- wow.

Did you repaint the underside of the car, or is that just low miles and garage kept?

1995 T-Bird. PI 4.6. Bullitt intake. Big MHS cams. 4,200 Dirty Dogg converter. Kooks headers. Full exhaust. 4" Drive Shaft. 4:10s.
Waiting on a tune.

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII FX2 Sand Dune Machine.

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC- stock
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 02:36 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck95 View Post
That tank- wow.

Did you repaint the underside of the car, or is that just low miles and garage kept?
I noticed that too. That undercarriage is super clean.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 12:10 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to CaifanSC Send a message via Yahoo to CaifanSC
Gorgeous car! And just down the street too...I think I recall seeing this in the old mamn12 site.

Best of luck with the sale.

1993 SC 5.0L V8 Auto Red
1994 SC 5-speed Teal
1995 SC 5-speed Chameleon Blue
1992 Feature Mustang Convertible 5.0L 5-speed Vibrant Red
1991 BMW 850i 5.0L V12 6-speed Red
1994 BMW 850CSi 5.6L V12 6-speed Red
Sold: 89 SC stick Titanium, 90 35th stick, 92 Sport 5.0L stick, 94 SC stick Black, 1994 SC Auto Teal Totaled: 89 SC auto Twilight Blue
www.mamn12.com for your mid-atlantic mn12 needs!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 05:49 PM
5th Gear Poster

Kool hot rod with nice deep green color. I did not see a price. Does it have a roll cage and is it street legal?

1992 Tbird LX 5.0, 3.73 gears, 1995 Cobra intake, deleted air silencer, 2.5" mandrel bent dual exhaust, SCP shorty headers. Updated four-hole fuel injectors. SK shift kit in AOD. Vogtland 0.9" springs, Tokico and Bilstein shocks.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Yes, it's street legal and I did touch up the underside of the car years back. It's always in the garage though.: which helps a lot. No cage in the car.

Here's a pic of it how it is in the car currently. I also used wire connections that go through the tank so it's a good connection internal to external of the tank for fuel and water pump.

Added Pics: Motor, Oil cooler in front bumper on driver's side and trans cooler mounted in front, both with custom made brackets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0230_1488083015450.JPG (2.70 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Newwires1.jpg (97.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Oilcoolerinbumper.jpg (47.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Transcoolerinmiddlefrontbumper.jpg (47.4 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by fordsvtbird; 02-27-2017 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Merge posts
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

She's still around. In case you're wondering, looking to get 17,500 for car as is and 18,500 with all the supercharger stuff (Eaton m112 ported, plenum which is ported, lower manifold, intercooler, Innovators West balancer, Metco pulley system, billetflow blower pulley, 85lb injectors, dragon TB, custom bridge brackets so you don't have to change timing cover) Also have COP conversion harness and factory COPs to get rid of the coil packs and clean that up and make room for the supercharger.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.