TCCoA Forums - View Single Post - Really Simple Q?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Trunk Monkey
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Removing the air silencer is jokingly referred to as the end-all-be-all modification around here.

There's also a good home made ram air system that you can build for cheap that works well with a K&N filter. I run this particular set up on my car. Shadowdragon has put together a slightly different version that you can read about on his website.

I put together a short list of amazing things that removing the air silencer can do for you, your car and the world in this thread that I'll post here for your entertainment.

Removing the air silencer will:
  • Increase your mileage
  • Increase your horsepower
  • Dramatically improve your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times
  • Increase your top end by at least 100 MPH
  • Improve handling
  • Increase airflow and give you that amazing exhaust sound you've always wanted
  • Make you more appealing to the opposite sex
  • Increase the size of your manhood
  • Cause you to win the lottery
  • Cause world peace
  • Save the whales
  • Reverse global warming
  • Free Tibet

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome