TCCoA Forums banner

Hub swap only

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  EvilMooseofDoom 
#1 ·
If I want to use mustang hub and rotor is that swappable and all I will need to run a 4.5 bolt pattern rather then drilling new hole pattern ?
I simply want to buy hubs that have a 4.5 pattern .If that's the case what year and make mustang hubs should I order them for to use on front back on my 91 thunderbird .
If theres more needed to be done please enlighten me .

#2 ·
Well, you'll need rotors to match.

I'd upgrade to the 93+ front spindles; then you could use the Mustang 1999-2004 (2005?) GT front rotors and just get rear rotors redrilled.

(You could also upgrade to the dual-piston GT brakes; 2003-2004 is recommended since they use the same banjo bolt as the MN12s do.)

The rears, you don't have rotors off the shelf that match the rear calipers. Or maybe you do; my notes say "Nay", but someone else will be GLAD to tell you I'm wrong and what does fit >:)

RwP

#3 ·
Well, you'll need rotors to match.

I'd upgrade to the 93+ front spindles; then you could use the Mustang 1999-2004 (2005?) GT front rotors and just get rear rotors redrilled.

RwP
The 2005 is the first year of the pesky S197 Mustang, 12.5" front brakes. I was thinking of attempting to see if anything off of the front of one of those fit, but my freebie bits disappeared from work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.