93 hood on a 95 - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
JAB

Garage
93 hood on a 95

Hey guys. Was wondering if anybody knows if a 93 hood, specifically a 89-93 cobra R hood, will fit on a 95? I am wondering how it would line up with the lights on the 95? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 01:09 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Well... I don't think it's going to fit seamlessly without the other bits from the 1st gen front end. I'm thinking you'd need the header panel and headlights of the 93, and the front bumper cover to make everything line up properly.

-Brandon
97 Laser Red Thunderbird LX 155k, Stage 2 4.6L 2v N/A | 300 BHP (255 RWHP, 290 RWTQ) | 13.95 @ 97.58 | Build details | Pics at the Lorain Assembly plant
96 Ivory Mark VIII 230k, stock 4.6 32v on coils; New engine at 185k
Gone but not forgotten: 94 Cougar XR7, 93 Mark VIII

TCCoA's resident pilot since 2014
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the world with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
JAB

Garage
Hey terminator. Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing. I don't want to get into all that. Possibly had a good deal on a ram air hood from a 93 but I don't want to have change whole front end. Thanks for your reply.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 04:35 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
From 94/95 to 96/97 it is close enough that you can get away with mixing and matching hoods, headlights, and bumpers, but the 89-93 style is drastically different, and will require replacement of the bumper cover, hood, headlights, and header panel all together.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90SC 5-speed, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, soon to be transplanted into...
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-70 Torino GT Fastback project car. Needs EFI and a manual trans, but I'm not sure what motor to go with yet.
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Slightly Disjointed
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
A 93 Hood won't even close without smashing the top of the grille area on the 95 bumper cover.

-Matt
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
JAB

Garage
From looking at pics of a 93 I kinda figured it wouldn't work but wasn't sure if it would be that far off. Thanks guys
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
JAB

Garage
I don't know if any of you have seen pics of my car. I used to have the cobra r ram air hood. It flew up on me while driving and tore off. Anyway I have a regular factory hood on now. Thought about getting another aftermarket hood, like the look of the 93 ram air. Lower profile than the one I used to have. And don't want to shell out the money for a new 95 at this time.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 07:45 AM
2nd Gear Poster

Throw on a 97 style, the 3in cowl has always been a favorite of mine.
And you Have to pin these hoods even with a latch, sorry to hear about another taking flight.
Thats my 94 with 97 vfn below. You could also use a 96 to 97 hood as it has a ministock cowl. I didnt have my pins or hood bra on in time for pic.

I WANT TO TRADE a 75mm throttlebody and exremly ported vic plenum and a set of 24lb injectors FOR a pi intake and alternator bracket and hopefully valleytube and nipple, pm me!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.