TCCoA Forums - View Single Post - Suspension Help

Thread: Suspension Help
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2014, 07:33 AM
Bangster
Seasoned PostWhore

If your going to swap to the 93+ spindles, you will need different sway bar end links, that is the only difference.

Most car washes here do not allow you to do undercarriages, or even muddy vehicles. They have signs that say 30 dollar environmental fee for excessively dirty or washing anything that leaves grease, oil, or other contaminates. I haven't used a car wash in 20 years.

I have a Harbor Freight electric power washer (the low end one) and it did fine. I did scrape as much as I could so I wouldn't have a greasy mess left on the ground, and sprayed it all down with degreaser, and caught as much of the water as possible to dump elsewhere.

I had the heads off to do head gaskets, and got sick of getting filthy touching them, and pressure washed them. The machine shop I took them to for surfacing and valve seal replacement said that since they have been tanked already they wouldn't do it. I told them I wanted them tanked, as I just sprayed them off with a cheesy pressure washer, and they didn't believe me (it didn't have the dull etched tanked look, but even 90% of the carbon was gone).

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions

Last edited by Bangster; 01-21-2014 at 07:42 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome