Installing white face gauges - Page 2 - TCCoA Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 06:51 PM

Just curious if I get a 150 mph white face kit for a sho and put it over my stock 120 will I be able to have the speedometer recalibrated to the correct speed with the sho faces?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
There is a way to do it, but the guy that figured it out hasn't posted the details on how it's done. This is the thread... 160-180-200 MPH Speedos

-Brandon
97 Laser Red Thunderbird LX 155k, Stage 2 4.6L 2v N/A | 300 BHP (255 RWHP, 290 RWTQ) | 13.95 @ 97.58 | Build details | Pics at the Lorain Assembly plant
96 Ivory Mark VIII 230k, stock 4.6 32v on coils; New engine at 185k
Gone but not forgotten: 94 Cougar XR7, 93 Mark VIII

TCCoA's resident pilot since 2014
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the world with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Slightly Disjointed
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
That's for the 90-96 speedometers. The 97 ones use different circuitry to determine calibration.

-Matt

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Formula 1 Freak

Cool

another thread resurrection!

I currently have indiglos on my 90 SC, and the install came out great. I did them about 10 years ago, and I've had zero issues with them. I also did my needles in red to get some contrast against the white faces during the day.

Now I want to install a 145 speedo, but I have been unable to find indiglos for a 145. I ended up buying the NR set from Andy's thinking they were indiglos because there was a link next to them showing how to install indiglos. The kit arrived yesterday, and I guess they even give you a tool to remove the needles. Kind of a bummer. I know I could have had the customs made, but they just aren't the same as indiglos. I might not even install the NR's. I've got a couple of cluster on the way, so I might experiment a little, but I'm not going to touch this current cluster in case I want to put it back in.

reverse switch/intensity pot cut into the dash, and flush mounted. Once in a while on a certain setting you can hear a slight high pitched sound from the pot, but the stereo drowns that right out!

I also found this carbon fiber bezel cover on ebay. The quality seems very good (cnc cut), and should be a nice addition, and if you're installing gauge faces, there isn't a better time to do the bezel cover if you're so inclined. They also make stainless, brushed aluminum, and anodized.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160941477967...84.m1497.l2649

common sense...
so rare,
it's kind of like
a super power

Last edited by SuperCoupe; 04-13-2013 at 03:13 PM.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 10:01 AM
PostWhore

Garage
Thread Resurrection...

I ordered a new set of Scott's gauges, black face, powerline font, white LED lighting for high contrast.

I fully understand the instructions EXCEPT the part to use tape to mark the locations. Can someone post a picture that works (None of the ones on this thread work anymore)to demonstrate that aspect please?

Thanks!
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 07:38 PM
Gauge master

Send a message via Yahoo to scotthrbacek
I would apply some tape to the cluster (the white part) and use a sharpie to mark where the needle rests. Look down the length of the needle in order to make the marks. Hope that helps.
Woodman likes this.

Scott

A book sale at the library? Why even bother? Why would I want to buy a book, when I didn't want it for free?

-Homer Simpson
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 07:59 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthrbacek View Post
I would apply some tape to the cluster (the white part) and use a sharpie to mark where the needle rests. Look down the length of the needle in order to make the marks. Hope that helps.
Thanks, check back in a week or two, I'll have them installed.

97 Thunderbird LX (The GT Bird)
PI Swapped NPI motor with some port work on the heads, PI cams, 80mm MAF, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.