What's the best battery these days? - Page 2 - TCCoA Forums

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 11:08 PM

A couple of years ago I picked up a Motorcraft for my 95 LX 4.6 at my local dealer on special for $100 plus core charge. It replaced a 5 year old Exide that was still ok but I figured why take a chance. Batteries usually last 5 or so years. I changed it out in the street of the dealer and its been fine ever since. Of course I check the water level.
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 01:47 PM
3rd Gear Poster

The new fancy AGM batteries supposedly last 8-9 years with no maintenance. I've had good enough experience Walmart EverLast or whatever they call them, cheap enough and usually last until their warranty is over.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 05:35 PM
1st Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to digitalgreasemonkey Send a message via Skype™ to digitalgreasemonkey
I have been using sears diehard batteries in all my cars for ages. If I buy a new car, as soon as that battery starts to get funky. (Normally 3-4 years in the south, georgia and florida). I replace them with diehard batteries. Only problem i have had with them is when i didn't clean the terminals. Apparently some corrosion in there will prevent charging, leaving you looking really dumb. Spent $70 bucks for a tow and a "cleaning" when i thought it was an alternator (different vehicle).

Now I use the whole thing. Felt washers, corrosion spray. I think I end up cleaning them about every other year or whenever I am doing any sort of maintenance where i need to remove the battery.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.