Radio aerial thread size? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Garage
Radio aerial thread size?

I'm looking at making a stubby radio antenna to put on my car. I've tried buying one with the various thread adaptor parts included, but none fitted my car.

Can anyone tell me what the thread size is on the standard antenna mast?

I work for an engineering company over here and could get one made fairly easily

"...put me on a highway, show me a sign, and take it to the limit one more time"

The Eagles

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2149821

RIP Dutch T-Bird (Robert Hendriks) 1970-2012 No doubt looking down on us from his low-riding T-Bird in the sky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 04:18 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy625UK View Post
I'm looking at making a stubby radio antenna to put on my car. I've tried buying one with the various thread adaptor parts included, but none fitted my car.

Can anyone tell me what the thread size is on the standard antenna mast?

I work for an engineering company over here and could get one made fairly easily
Everything I'm seeing is saying it's 1/4-20, but I don't think that's right.

The one on the tbird didn't want to come off easily, but it's doesn't look big enough to be that big; maybe someone else will chime in.

The Cougars are both electric, and still working after 17 years, lol.

I'd measure it with calipers; that's probably easiest.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

I'm not Human enough to be human; but I'm trying to fit in, and I'm learning to fake it.

"Never said Hibbity..." - Brian Williams
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Garage
Seeing as how we're all metric over here, I'm not that familiar with the imperial sizes, but I'll dig the thread size table of and see if I can match if up.

"...put me on a highway, show me a sign, and take it to the limit one more time"

The Eagles

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

RIP Dutch T-Bird (Robert Hendriks) 1970-2012 No doubt looking down on us from his low-riding T-Bird in the sky.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 05:49 PM

This is somehow funny...

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

I'm not Human enough to be human; but I'm trying to fit in, and I'm learning to fake it.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Garage
M3, M4, M5, much easier to work out (even though, I believe, we invented the imperial version).

The Eagles

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:22 PM

I agree; metric is way easier.

AFAIK, there are now 7 bolts that are english; the TC nuts, the VSS sender, the other sender on the tranny, and the Antenna.

I wonder if Bender's antenna is metric?

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 08:08 PM
Slightly Disjointed
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
My car gets forty rods to the hoghead and that's the way I likes it!

-Matt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.