TCCoA Forums banner

145mph speedo

45K views 120 replies 62 participants last post by  Rodeo Joe 
#1 ·
i what a 145 mph speedo for my 95 cougar what do i need to get it outta? a sc sho? i'am going to get a set of white face gauges to from scott to help please thanks

#3 ·
what year?? any year sc?

#4 ·
do i have to get anything else besides the speedo??? will it bolt right up??

#5 ·
94-95 SC (Possibly earlier years, but not all had 145)

The speedometer is a direct plug and play swap.

#6 ·
thanks alot!!!!

#7 · (Edited)
My friend just did it. Shadow is right though, 94/95 is best. My friend bought a new 145MPH speedo from a dealer and just installed it. He also put white face gauges on it. It looks pretty good.
-Shawn

EDIT: BTW Toofast, I see you are in PA. We are doing a Albany NY meet august 2nd. I dont know how far it is from you but it should be a pretty good meet. My friend with the 145 MPH speedo will be there so you would be able to check it out first hand if you are planning on doing it after that date. The info for the meet is in the upcoming meet forum.

Also here are some pics for now:

#8 ·
thanks alot ill have to get my cay painted up! do you know how much your freind paid for the speedo?

#11 ·
Once again you guys save my butt. I was just talking to a friend about this exact topic, and we weren't sure if the SC was a direct swap, and if white face was available.

Awesome... this place is great.

Now... what to do about the odometer....

#12 ·
ShadowDragon said:
I paid $70 shipped for an entire 95 SC cluster then just used the speedometer. :)
wow thats steep..i will be hooking up a fellow member with one for 25$...dont worry john, im still on it........the "guy" is quite busy.

joseph

#13 ·
My friend, the ones in the pics, he paid $140 but thats because he got it new. Thats why there is only 32 miles on it in that pic. The other 70 just magicly went away. LOL

#15 ·
I carefully lifted the bar with the gears on it and turned the number where it needed to go. The very right side ones I left alone and spun the trip OD to roll it the rest of the way so as not to put stress on the plastic mounting point of that gear shaft.

#17 ·
Tere is a speedo shop in downtown Kansas City, MO. I used to go to.

The work with recalibrations for both Ford and GM. they also do custom reccalabrations for speedo replacements. I am sorry that I dont remember the name of the shop but they do excellent work.

anyone in the KC metro area please look up under speedo shop sna please post the number.

Thanks

#18 ·
is there any way to get 145 mph speedos for 97? ive really been wanting one and don't wish to change to the 94/95 cluster (even if i could, i wouldn't want to, don't like how it looks).

#21 ·
Yes, I took out my 120 analog and put in the 145 analog and it read just fine with no other modifications.

#23 ·
Just out of curiosity, why the extra expense of the 145 speedo's? Do you all spend that much time driving over 120 MPH? or is it just the "bragging rights" of a 145 MPH speedo? don't get me wrong, it is your car and your money, I just want to know.

#25 ·
I figured that was probably it. :D Actually if I find out I have time and money at the same time I may get one myself! (with new faces by Scott of course) Of course thats after PBR brakes, clear corners, sway bars, etc. :D

#26 ·
To me $70 for an entire cluster isn't that bad of an 'expense' considering I got a backup gauges now. I did peg the 120 and decided to get the 145, though since then I've only had it over 120 a few times, and I've never pegged it.

http://www.mn12tbird.com/meets/wfc6/wfc122.jpg

I do like the.. "Um.. is that speedometer accurate?" question when people get into my car for the first time though. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.