TCCoA Forums - View Single Post - Decision time

Thread: Decision time
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Woodman
PostWhore

Garage
Local yard that is selling their entire inventory off has an 03 Mountaineer 4.6 (same as the Explorer) that'll drop in. $300 cash.

Going to see if I can't scratch that up pretty quick.

So to drop that in, since I have a PI top end, pretty much all my existing stuff will just plug in, I just have to swap front covers, accessories, pullies, and go ahead and put a new suite of sensors in (may as well while it's out, right?) then get a tune for a real PI motor right? Since my chip is for pi heads on an NPI, I'm guessing the timing won't quite be right.

May leave it out for awhile, get a few goodies for it while I'm at it. May as well while it's out, right? Some headers, things like that, and sell my PI top end to recoup some of the cost.

So here's a question.... Drop the K member or pull it out from the top. Tools wise I have a jack that goes about 11" high, I have access to a cherry picker, anything else I should do while it's out.

Since my AC doesn't work, what are the odds that the compressor on this one is serviceable, and is there a way to test it out of the car? Or just pony up for a new compressor along with the other stuff I need?

97 Thunderbird LX (The GT Bird)
PI Swapped NPI motor with some port work on the heads, PI cams, 80mm MAF, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome