Thread: Decision time
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Woodman
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMikeyL View Post
I would just pull it out from the top. Dropping it out the bottom is feasible on a lift, but I don't think it saves any time, since you have to remove even more things. Plus if you don't have a lift, I don't think you'll be able to get the car high enough to get the engine out from underneath.
Thanks MadMikey. That'll be the plan. I'll pick up an engine hoist and an engine stand asap. I assume I can't pull the motor from the intake manifold due to it being plastic. I'll look around for how to hoist them out.

Any issues setting the new block on a pallet while I wait for the hoist and stand?

97 Thunderbird LX (The GT Bird)
2003 Explorer WAP block with Modular Head Shop "street ported" heads and Stage 2 PI NA cams, 75mm Accufab throttle body, C&L upper intake plenum, Kooks 1.75" primary/3" collector headers, 2.5" full exhaust with mid mount Magnaflow dual in/out muffler, 24lb/hr injectors, 80mm MAF, Tuning from Don @ www.lasotaracing.com, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels with 35mm offset, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome