TCCoA Forums - View Single Post - 1995 Thunderbird New Guy to Forum

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Branded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
I get that, I'm just trying to shatter the "barn find" illusion that the car hasn't aged just because it wasn't driven much.

My 130,000 mile 1997 has been pretty easy to work on, because it's not all rusted up. The paint is shot, and that lowered it's value to me, just as buying a car with good paint and interior would have a lower value if I could see I have to spend another chunk of money and time on it to bring it up to driving condition.

Not saying the car is worthless, or it's a $1000 car or anything. Not having looked at it but assuming it's clean, cared for, and had been well maintained (oil changed every 3 months so it doesn't sludge up, etc) then I'd put it in the $3-5000 category. There's a guy in Eau Claire, WI selling a 70K 1996 Thunderbird for $13,000, and it'll never sell. My guess is he doesn't really want to sell it, but that's just insane. I love these cars as much as anyone here, but I just can't see spending that much on one. The guy selling his big bore Mach1 engine'd 32V for $2500 is I think a very fair price, and I'd buy that much faster than buying a bone stock one with low miles. It's closer to what I personally would want out of a car.

Since this guy is buying one from a family member, and doesn't want to screw them out of a nice car, I'd say give them $3000 or so and enjoy the car.
Not trying to turn this into a wizzing match but you have me confused. In my other post you said the car is only worth $1500, then here you say $3000 to $5000 here. Big difference on your opinion of what the car might be worth. I'm not here trying to sell the car I'm only trying to get an idea of what others feel the car is worth. If all these cars are worth with 14,000 original miles on them is $1500 why would anyone own one other than to drive the wheels off them then junk it. I'm not totally clueless when it come to classic cars. I've played with them for 40 years and own a 55 Chevy 2 door hardtop, 54 F100, and a 49 Dodge Wayfarer Roadster. I don't or didn't know what the value was on the mid 90s Thunderbirds with the miles and description I have provided of the car. I looked the car up on KBB and it seems undervalued that's the reason I can here to try and educate myself about the car and the true values of these Thunderbirds

Last edited by Rodeo Joe; 11-07-2016 at 07:08 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome