TCCoA Forums - View Single Post - 1995 Thunderbird New Guy to Forum

View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 07:36 AM
MadMikeyL
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
Any item is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it, and a seller is willing to let it go for. If you are buying a 14K mile 2-year old Honda Accord, it is easy to price because there are literally thousands of them for sale, and if you don't like one person's price, you can go buy another one. The problem with this car is there isn't another one to compare it to. So if it is worth $6K to you, and if your father will let it go for $6K, then it is worth $6K. What you are really asking here is what other enthusiasts would pay for the same car. The problem with that is most of us on here already have at least one and sometimes several MN12s, so we don't really need that car, and given that these cars aren't collectible, there aren't very many people on here who have kept their car low mileage and bone stock, so to those people, they look at it and say it will need a PI top end, and 3.73s, and a 3000rpm stall converter, and a j-mod, and wheels and tires, and a stereo, etc, and if I am replacing all those components, I might as well get something higher mileage since it will be a lot cheaper. Personally, I would probably only pay about $3K for that car. I know there are other people who will pay more, and some who will pay less, but for all the reasons above, that would be the price I would buy it. That doesn't necessarily mean $6K is unreasonable or overpaying, just that it isn't worth that to anyone who has yet responded to this thread.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90SC 5-speed, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, soon to be transplanted into...
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-70 Torino GT Fastback project car. Needs EFI and a manual trans, but I'm not sure what motor to go with yet.
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome