TCCoA Forums - View Single Post - tbird 5.0 swap "the hard way"

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
97thunderfox

so thank you guys for all the info. very helpful. i had bought an msd 2 stage setup but i will definitely be looking into the explorer setup. that sounds like maybe a better spark but i also dont know if i want to pay the price for a custom tune. the rear o2 sensors will be deleted but i was also looking into simulators to replace the fronts. as for the trans i was told by a local shop that 94-95 ecu should run the 4r70w just like the aode. if theyre wrong fine but i need to do more research. im not interested in a standard trans for the fact that i will be upgrading the cam/rockers/etc again once the car is running and will want consistency on the track. the headers i have are special ordered and purpose built. as for fit i may relocate the steering rack but only if necessary. the powersteering situation i have been pondering alot and had decided to reinstall already just the other day. the serpentine belt is causing me stress though because i was told i should run a multibelt set up by some and just a shortened belt by others. thoughts?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome