post #15 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 05:09 PM
XR7-4.6
Slightly Disjointed
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97thunderfox View Post
so thank you guys for all the info. very helpful. i had bought an msd 2 stage setup but i will definitely be looking into the explorer setup. that sounds like maybe a better spark but i also dont know if i want to pay the price for a custom tune. the rear o2 sensors will be deleted but i was also looking into simulators to replace the fronts. as for the trans i was told by a local shop that 94-95 ecu should run the 4r70w just like the aode. if theyre wrong fine but i need to do more research. im not interested in a standard trans for the fact that i will be upgrading the cam/rockers/etc again once the car is running and will want consistency on the track. the headers i have are special ordered and purpose built. as for fit i may relocate the steering rack but only if necessary. the powersteering situation i have been pondering alot and had decided to reinstall already just the other day. the serpentine belt is causing me stress though because i was told i should run a multibelt set up by some and just a shortened belt by others. thoughts?
You can usually find used UNLOCKED(be sure you ask the seller to verify) handheld SCT tuners in the $100-$200 range, and custom tunes run about $150. I'm not entirely privy to parts cost with these engines but I imagine kitting it out with MSD would be pretty cost competitive, and the side benefit is the coilpack system is it is also more reliable than aftermarket, costing less in the long run.

-Matt

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome