TCCoA Forums - View Single Post - Tools you can't live without

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 04:30 PM
Woodman
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog6 View Post
I have this same issue; my garage has no power, as of yet.

I have a huge pile of stuff to put a 200A service in the garage, but I'm going to have to deal with utility stuff.

My 120V compressor is nice, but it won't last.

My favorite tool of all is being ambidextrous.

Some things are right-handed, some are left-handed; being able to do both rules.

As a bonus, when working on a computer, I can use either hand as a mouse hand, no prob.
Year before last my garage suddenly lost power. Dug up the line to find out it was indoor romex buried about 3" deep around my driveway, and it broke where it goes into the house because they poured a concrete step over it, and when the ground froze, thawed, froze, thawed it broke the romex. So a lot of digging and some underground PCV later, I have a properly buried outdoor rated power line on it's own circuit breaker run out to the garage.

Really not that hard to do, just make sure you're in conduit, and at least a foot deep underground. Keep it in conduit using elbows, etc until it gets into the garage and your house.

97 Thunderbird LX (The GT Bird)
2003 Explorer WAP block with Modular Head Shop "street ported" heads and Stage 2 PI NA cams, 75mm Accufab throttle body, C&L upper intake plenum, Kooks 1.75" primary/3" collector headers, 2.5" full exhaust with mid mount Magnaflow dual in/out muffler, 24lb/hr injectors, 80mm MAF, Tuning from Don @ www.lasotaracing.com, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels with 35mm offset, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome