TCCoA Forums - View Single Post - Suspension Help

Thread: Suspension Help
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 04:08 PM
Grog6
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

When you replace the bearings, one of the inner races is a slip-fit on the hub, so face it to the inside, by the CV joint.

(The bearings all like that, regardless of MFR, and I've done 6 knuckles so far.)

Torquing the wheel down Properly stuffs the two inner races together, preventing any motion of the inner race.

The only way to go too tight here is by stripping the threads, and I stand on the 35mm x3/4" ratchet to tighten them with no problems.

Like Ralph said, don't leave the retainer out.

As far as I know, there is no bearing cap on the rear; the hub bearings themselves have steel seals on the outsides to keep the grease in.

The front is open, and needs grease in the cup.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

I'm not Human enough to be human; but I'm trying to fit in, and I'm learning to fake it.

"Never said Hibbity..." - Brian Williams

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome