TCCoA Forums - View Single Post - Really Simple Q?

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 05:22 PM
Grog6
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4gunn View Post
Speaking of simple ram air systems: I have this extra 8" vent from my recent bathroom vent install and I've thought about cutting the necessary hole into my hood to add it. All I would need to do is mount the airbox upside down (so it sucks from the hood vs. the fender well and bolt this to the hood.

It's either that or make it into a roof scoop.

I'm sure it will be good for another 20HP (as a hood scoop vs. an roof vent/scoop) -g

PS. If you want your own, check out Home Depot Racing Supply.

I'd mount it as a "shaker" intake, sticking thru the hood, maybe with some designer graphix.

Teeth, shark fin, barbed wire; something appropriate.

It looks very "Death Race 2000".

It will probably grab some Ram air on straightaways, changing your tune slightly.

The adaptive should cover, but it depends on how much you get.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

I'm not Human enough to be human; but I'm trying to fit in, and I'm learning to fake it.

"Never said Hibbity..." - Brian Williams

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome