TCCoA Forums - View Single Post - Fuel rail line replacement?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Woodman
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4gunn View Post
Just to be safe, I'd recommend using two stainless steel (not cheapie HF) worm gears to hold EACH connection of hose on the barb. Also pressurize the fuel rail (key on ignition off) and inspect very closely for leaks before starting the car up the first time.

The last thing you want is for fuel to be sprayed at 40PSI on top of a hot engine.

There's also two ratings for fuel hose
J30R7 and the more expensive J30R9.
You want the R9 stuff even if it's more expensive because it's designed for the higher pressure of fuel injected systems (not the low pressure of carbed setups).
Thank you! I bought fuel injection rated hose, and fuel injection rated stainless gears. I will pressurize the system and check for leaks, have to anyway since I put a new fuel filter in today.

97 Thunderbird LX (The GT Bird)
2003 Explorer WAP block with Modular Head Shop "street ported" heads and Stage 2 PI NA cams, 75mm Accufab throttle body, C&L upper intake plenum, Kooks 1.75" primary/3" collector headers, 2.5" full exhaust with mid mount Magnaflow dual in/out muffler, 24lb/hr injectors, 80mm MAF, Tuning from Don @ www.lasotaracing.com, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels with 35mm offset, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome