TCCoA Forums - View Single Post - power steering pressure hose

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
gordonm1
5th Gear Poster

Line is very wet near the uturn with the clamped fittings. It's still waiting for me to work on it and it's the best vehicle for my old dog to get into. Line is very dry above to pump. I did not look at the lower connection.

The mech's that put the rack in placed the line in the way of removing the oil filter and I had to redo their zip ties. The area was wet before this anyway.

So Rayo, how do you find the leak for certain? All I know to do is clean it up as best as possible and jack it up and turn the steering wheel a few times and look for oil. I expect I can replace the line just as fast. The old line was installed a couple months prior to the new rebuilt rack so the lower Teflon seal could be leaking.

I did the line a few years ago and I don't remember any great difficulty or injuries.

Oh yeah, did a recent oil change and the drain plugs for the 4.6 models seem to be sealing good. That's what pointed toward the power steering as the leak. Oil pan is good, haven't been able to see where the dip stick goes in but it is super wet on the power steering lines in front of the motor and just rear of the radiator.

1992 Tbird LX 5.0, 3.73 gears, 1995 Cobra intake, deleted air silencer, 2.5" mandrel bent dual exhaust, SCP shorty headers. Updated four-hole fuel injectors. SK shift kit in AOD. Vogtland 0.9" springs, Tokico and Bilstein shocks.

Last edited by gordonm1; 05-18-2017 at 11:47 AM. Reason: drain plugs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome