Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 09:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to silver rocket
Looking to purchase rear subframe bushing, what do I have to do
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 02:23 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to dmw_4814
What are the OEM rear subframe bushings made of? Were they all rubber? How do these rear subframe bushings compare, particularly in ride harshness, and noise/vibration? Are they suitable for use in a daily driver?

I've got nearly 204,000 miles on my '97 T-Bird, and I've got about 85% of the parts I need for a complete rear suspension rebuild. I would imagine my rear subframe bushings are, at this point, about shot!

Thanks,

Dennis
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 08:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to silver rocket
reply, rear subframe bushing

Payment was sent last week, wanted to make sure you received my mayment thru paypal. : )
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 07:45 AM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to guitar maestro Send a message via Yahoo to guitar maestro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw_4814 View Post
What are the OEM rear subframe bushings made of? Were they all rubber? How do these rear subframe bushings compare, particularly in ride harshness, and noise/vibration? Are they suitable for use in a daily driver?

I've got nearly 204,000 miles on my '97 T-Bird, and I've got about 85% of the parts I need for a complete rear suspension rebuild. I would imagine my rear subframe bushings are, at this point, about shot!

Thanks,

Dennis
rubber bonded onto metal.
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 09:15 AM
I make stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver rocket View Post
Payment was sent last week, wanted to make sure you received my mayment thru paypal. : )
Yes sir. Received. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw_4814 View Post

Thanks,

Dennis
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar maestro View Post
rubber bonded onto metal.
^yep.

The UHMW rear subframe bushings will likely give you some increased NVH over the stock bushings, but most people have said that they haven't really noticed it. If you're replacing all of the other bushings with like-stock replacements, I'd guess that you wouldn't notice it at all.
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 09:47 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Send a message via MSN to sik97bird
Not to get off topic but are the front strut rod sleeves still available?

97 Ford Thunderbird
Check out my Gallery

vist the Man RobertP at www.robstireandauto.com
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 09:42 AM
I make stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik97bird View Post
Not to get off topic but are the front strut rod sleeves still available?
I'm sorry for not noticing this earlier. Yes they are. I just sent out 2 different sets of them last week.

Here's a couple more pictures. I've beefed them up a little bit compared to the way DLF used to make them. As you can see in the last picture, these are TIG welded 360 degrees. Still 100% stainless steel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SRB sleeves.jpg (58.4 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg srb sleeves1.jpg (13.1 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg srb sleeves2.jpg (80.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg srb sleeves3.jpg (72.0 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg srb sleeves4.jpg (43.5 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 06-02-2015 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Merge posts
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Nice welds.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 10:08 AM
I make stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post
Nice welds.
Thanks! I don't what it is about these, but I always get my nicest looking welds on these.
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to guitar maestro Send a message via Yahoo to guitar maestro
I know what it is. The fact that they are on the inside circumference makes it easy for argon to linger around and protect them from the atmosphere as the heat dissipates so they don't oxidize as readily as an outside joint. Nice welds indeed.
MerkCougar likes this.
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 05:47 PM
I make stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar maestro View Post
I know what it is. The fact that they are on the inside circumference makes it easy for argon to linger around and protect them from the atmosphere as the heat dissipates so they don't oxidize as readily as an outside joint. Nice welds indeed.
You're probably right.
post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 08:30 PM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Anyone else who has bought LCA bushings from Jay, if you also got zerk grease fittings with them, do you know what thread it is? I think I know, but it's hard to tell from such few threads on the fittings. Can't afford to ruin these Mark VIII LCAs for no reason. Thanks

Copied thread into the Suspension Forum, makes more sense to have it there. Herego, this one is now locked.

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 06-29-2015 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Merge posts
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Ya know you coulda moved it ...

Linky to the "new" copied thread: DLF Rear Subframe Bushing Kits - Available again! where people can actually post and answer your question.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.