#1 ·
Located in south Kansas City Metro

1996 Ford Thunderbird Sport 4.6L V8
Rebuilt Auto Trans with J-MOD
258k miles - very bad rust damage
Engine runs good but leaks/burns oil
Transmission shifts well but TC is starting to shudder

LINK TO SOME PHOTOS

Parting out my 1996 Thunderbird, or selling as a complete running parts car. I've owned this car for over ten years; it has served me well as my daily driver, but has such extensive rust damage that it is no longer safe to be driven. The car still runs great and drives down the highway without issue, but the rear subframe is partially detached from the body with very little still holding it in place. The front shock towers are also rusted through, so it is time to pull it off the road. I'll sell individual parts or sell the car complete. If you want to buy it complete, you need to understand that it really is not road worthy. Here are some additional details

If you are interested in buying the car complete, I do have a clean Kansas title. I'll sell it for $600. Otherwise here are some prices for individual parts. If you need something you don't see listed, just ask as I likely have it.

Hood $40
Fenders $20 each
Front Bumper Cover $40
Rear Bumper Cover $20
Headlights $40 each
Corner Lights $20/pair
Rear Corner Tail Lights $20/pair
Rear Deck Lid Lids $40 each
Rear Spoiler $20

Mark VIII Seats $140 set
Door Panels $80 each
Console Lid $10
Cup Holder $40
Visors $15 each
Mark VIII Carpet $20
Misc. Trim $ask

Wheels/Tires $160
Upper Intake Manifold $40
Intake Tube/AirBox $20
Cooling Fan $40
Exhaust $100

I'm not shipping any large items (hood, seats, wheels, etc.) It will be a couple of days until I can start to pull parts; I will of course provide photos and a full description of any item that you interested in.

I'd consider pulling and selling the transmission, but it would be a few weeks before I'll have time. If you are interested in something, please send me a PM or reply with what you need and an email address so I can provide photos.

See less See more
#5 ·
With the mileage and rust, I doubt they are any good, nor would they be removable at this point.

I see the irony of taking pictures AT a cemetery...........

I've a 93...nothing fits :(
It seemed fitting :(

I have a feigning interest in the front springs if they are original J code, in good condition, and pulling them isn't something that you have an aversion to. Otherwise no worries. :D
They are original, but I think one might be broken; They are in pretty rough shape and well worn, so likely not worth pulling or the cost of shipping. I do have a set of '89 XR7 Springs mounting on new Monroe shocks with new top bushings that I'd like to sell.

#4 ·
I have a feigning interest in the front springs if they are original J code, in good condition, and pulling them isn't something that you have an aversion to. Otherwise no worries. :D

#10 ·
Sent you a PM on the visors

Does it have the radiator air deflector under the front bumper ? It is the part that covers the underneath radiator and area you have to move it to get out the oil filter, it is attached by a few plastic push-in fasteners.

Also I have been looking for the antenna trim part # 18919 off the antenna.

I know they are kind of odd parts, let me know if you can or want to sell them thanks

My email is kenzking at gmail
I'll send you an email.

#8 ·
Trim around the cluster and radio fell apart when I attempted to remove them. I do have another cluster trim in excellent condition from another car.

The visors are gray and in nice condition. I think there is one small hole on the drivers side. I'll pull them and take some photos for you.

#9 ·
Does it have the radiator air deflector under the front bumper ? It is the part that covers the underneath radiator and area you have to move it to get out the oil filter, it is attached by a few plastic push-in fasteners.

Also I have been looking for the antenna trim part # 18919 off the antenna.

I know they are kind of odd parts, let me know if you can or want to sell them thanks

My email is kenzking at gmail

Attachments

#13 ·
No, it's the stock air box where the filter goes. The "violin case" was part of the intake tube on 1994 and 1995 4.6L Models. Are you still interested? I have a K&N Panel filter that I can toss in for a few more dollars.

#15 ·
I'm really not interested in shipping either of those items.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.