MN12 Service Manual - TCCoA Forums

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore
 
CDsDontBurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Banning, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 1,516
Exclamation MN12 Service Manual

If the mods think this should be somewhere else, then move it to that location.

I posted this on the FB TCCoA page last week, but I'm just now able to post it here. I wanted to post this in the Tech Articles of the forum, but I obviously don't have permission to post there.

For those of you who know Ed 'Ford' Pennel over on the FB TCCoA page, he provided me with this information some time ago. I've just put it together into one ZIP file to share with everyone . The ZIP file itself is 115MB to download, somewhat small by today's accounts, but for those of you with slower internet connections, it's still rather large to handle. That being said.....





........ENJOY!!!

'97 Bird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake & PI Cams | Suspension Rebuild

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness

'00 2dr v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Greddy SP2 CAT-Back | Eibach ProKit springs | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | KYB-GR2 struts

Last edited by CDsDontBurn; 06-20-2017 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Updated Link
CDsDontBurn is offline  
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 07:40 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Moderator
 
Grog6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Harriman, TN
Age: 54
Posts: 8,328
Dude, I love it personally, but I'm not sure how legal this is; be careful not to get in trouble.


Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

I'm not Human enough to be human; but I'm trying to fit in, and I'm learning to fake it.

"Never said Hibbity..." - Brian Williams
Grog6 is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 08:45 PM
Seasoned PostWhore
 
bowez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NEAR
Posts: 2,436
I doubt Ford would care about this platform but you never know.

Year of manual would be nice to post.

If all else fails get a bigger hammer!

93 SC Tbird
MPII w/ Plenum,90mm MAF, 85mm TB, 40# Injectors, 255 lph FP, Double IC w/fan, SCT Chip (Tuned by Jerry),3/4" Raised Top, F52-TT TC, SilverFox AOD 550, SPT-R VB
96 1/2 XR7 Sold and Salvaged
93 5.0 Tbird

Last edited by bowez; 10-28-2015 at 08:55 PM.
bowez is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 05:20 AM
Moderator
Moderator
 
MaddMartigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pickerington,OH
Age: 49
Posts: 3,058
Garage
Copyrighted material from print is usually even more sensitive than digital material. Helm, Inc. might care more than Ford.

I have these items in print and I also have the software version. The software version only works on Windows XP and older so you really need a virtual machine if you want to run them.

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, suddenly everything looks like a nail."
"Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
1993 Ford Thunderbird LX
Coast High Peformance 342 Stroker
-Low Tension Oil Rings, Zero Gap Seconds
-10.5:1 Compression Ratio
Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads
Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
Trick Flow Street Heat Intake
Mac 1 5/8 long tube headers
FRPP 42# injectors
3.73 gears
Custom aluminum driveshaft
Built Darrin/dirtyd0g AOD with wide ratio gearset
dirtyd0g 9.5" Custom Torque Converter
Quarterhorse ECM from Moates
Zeitronix ZT-2 WB O2
No times under new system.......yet.
OMGHI2U

MaddMartigan is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 07:48 AM
Seasoned PostWhore
 
jco1385's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mobile, AL
Age: 31
Posts: 3,677
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowez View Post
Year of manual would be nice to post.
1997 FSM and EVTM

1994 Thunderbird - 2000 4.2L M5R2 now on the road!!

1995 Thunderbird - 2002 Alum 4.6L SVO - Awaiting transplant... (Parts donor)

1996 Cougar - 2004 3.9L 4R70W
jco1385 is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 05:48 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Moderator
 
Grog6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Harriman, TN
Age: 54
Posts: 8,328
Technically, most of us already own the original manual; a digital copy is really nice if you want to print one page to use by the car.

I'll bet there are tears and stains in all the manuals we have from such use.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

I'm not Human enough to be human; but I'm trying to fit in, and I'm learning to fake it.

"Never said Hibbity..." - Brian Williams
Grog6 is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 06:46 PM
Seasoned PostWhore
 
theterminator93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio
Age: 29
Posts: 8,676
Garage
Might be easier to justify having if you do have the print manual, but yeah... today I can see someone getting into a hissy fit over this with all the recent PR over sharing sites etc. (which, granted, has been there for the last 10-15 years anyway). Although from what I've seen, that's not likely to happen unless there is a whistle-blower among us.

-Brandon
97 Laser Red Thunderbird LX 156k, Stage 2 4.6L 2v N/A | 300 BHP (255 RWHP, 290 RWTQ) | 13.95 @ 97.58 | Build details | Pics at the Lorain Assembly plant
96 Ivory Mark VIII 235k, stock 4.6 32v on coils; New engine at 185k
Gone but not forgotten: 94 Cougar XR7, 93 Mark VIII

TCCoA's resident pilot since 2014
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the world with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci
theterminator93 is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 06:54 PM
Moderator
Moderator
 
MaddMartigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pickerington,OH
Age: 49
Posts: 3,058
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog6 View Post
Technically, most of us already own the original manual; a digital copy is really nice if you want to print one page to use by the car.

I'll bet there are tears and stains in all the manuals we have from such use.
Tears and stains would indicate that we read the manual.

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, suddenly everything looks like a nail."
"Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
1993 Ford Thunderbird LX
Coast High Peformance 342 Stroker
-Low Tension Oil Rings, Zero Gap Seconds
-10.5:1 Compression Ratio
Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads
Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
Trick Flow Street Heat Intake
Mac 1 5/8 long tube headers
FRPP 42# injectors
3.73 gears
Custom aluminum driveshaft
Built Darrin/dirtyd0g AOD with wide ratio gearset
dirtyd0g 9.5" Custom Torque Converter
Quarterhorse ECM from Moates
Zeitronix ZT-2 WB O2
No times under new system.......yet.
OMGHI2U

MaddMartigan is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 06:58 PM
Seasoned PostWhore
 
theterminator93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio
Age: 29
Posts: 8,676
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddMartigan View Post
Tears and stains would indicate that we read the manual.
Does blood count?

-Brandon
97 Laser Red Thunderbird LX 156k, Stage 2 4.6L 2v N/A | 300 BHP (255 RWHP, 290 RWTQ) | 13.95 @ 97.58 | Build details | Pics at the Lorain Assembly plant
96 Ivory Mark VIII 235k, stock 4.6 32v on coils; New engine at 185k
Gone but not forgotten: 94 Cougar XR7, 93 Mark VIII

TCCoA's resident pilot since 2014
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the world with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci
theterminator93 is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 09:09 PM
5th Gear Poster
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 479
Garage
Blood, grease. grime. and.......MERCONV!

Not Actually Authentic without MerconV stains.

I bought my service manual in about May. It was almost mint. Now? it looks trashed. So Trashed I bought the CD version of eBay to save it some wear and tear. I actually prefer a PDF most times since i can use it on a Tablet. And the factory interactive CD leaves a lot to be desired

The 1997 Owners Manual is out there as a download if you google it. As I'm sure most years are. Many times the manufacturers made these available when the cars were still supported.

I haven't seen it but a PDF of the "Specifications Guide" and Master Parts Guides would be nice. I have got all the paper copies. But who wants to lug around a 20lb satchel of paper.

Section 17 Lighting Group is missing. There is no Section 8 Which would be "Clutch" in the earlier years.

There is no Section 16 listed in Any of the categories of the 1997 FSM for any car line. I must admit I'm intrigued what Section 16 - Group 16 would cover. What would be in the Manual between Group 15 Antenna and Group 17 Lighting? I curious. If anyone knows what Group 16 is post it. It could I presume be something Truck or Fleet specific. Possibly Cellphone related. I'm intrigued. AFAIK the truck manuals follow the same Group numbering Schema. Or at least they used to.

Section17 Where art thou? lol.


Regarding the Factory CD not working past XP.

From what I've been able to research that's a common misconception. Apparently the problems 2 fold. It requires some installer legacy code that's not in Widows 64 and it needs to reference the C/Program Files (x86) directory in order to run. But being a Win95/98 era program the installer is totally unaware of needing to create that directory and link to it. From what I've read it actually works just fine in Vista32 and Win7 32bit. It will of course run in a virtual machine on Ultimate in XP Mode or in a VM. But those VMs are are 32bit. FWIW the program will very happily run from a mounted .iso image in a virtual CD drive in XP. That's what I'm doing. Win7 is the newest version of Windows I can run on my old laptop due to a lack of graphic support and I'm limited to 2GB of RAM. So in a couple of weeks I''m going to build a Win7 partition running Win7 32 to prove or disprove this.

Last edited by 97CatMan; 10-29-2015 at 10:03 PM.
97CatMan is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 02:21 AM
Seasoned PostWhore
 
Chris_Murder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 5,390
Send a message via AIM to Chris_Murder
Just wanted to chime in briefly, I agree with what others mentioned above, it could easily land you or others in hot water over sharing this copyrighted materials, that said. Thanks, I like having a digital copy so I'm not dirtying up my hard copy, and as others mentioned I can use this on my tablet and phablet (phone tablet/galaxy note 4).

-1996 Pearl White Thunderbird 4.6 Sport 4v with many mods:
Current Best: 13.583 @ 103.74 10/2014.
227hp/241tq measured on calibrated mustang dyno, tested at full vehicle simulation with inertia enabled, no number skewing.
-2001 White Ford F-250 Super Duty 6.8 V10, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG KO2's, Bilstein 7100 Remote Reservoir Race Bypass Shocks, 6" Spring lift, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, FlowMaster Exhaust
Amber_Murder's Daily Driver.
-2005 White GMC Sierra 3500 6.6 Duramax, Dually, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG Commercial T/A's, Rancho RS9000XL Shocks, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust
Chris_Murder's Daily Driver.
Chris_Murder is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore
 
CDsDontBurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Banning, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97CatMan View Post
Blood, grease. grime. and.......MERCONV!

Not Actually Authentic without MerconV stains.

I bought my service manual in about May. It was almost mint. Now? it looks trashed. So Trashed I bought the CD version of eBay to save it some wear and tear. I actually prefer a PDF most times since i can use it on a Tablet. And the factory interactive CD leaves a lot to be desired

The 1997 Owners Manual is out there as a download if you google it. As I'm sure most years are. Many times the manufacturers made these available when the cars were still supported.

I haven't seen it but a PDF of the "Specifications Guide" and Master Parts Guides would be nice. I have got all the paper copies. But who wants to lug around a 20lb satchel of paper.

Section 17 Lighting Group is missing. There is no Section 8 Which would be "Clutch" in the earlier years.

There is no Section 16 listed in Any of the categories of the 1997 FSM for any car line. I must admit I'm intrigued what Section 16 - Group 16 would cover. What would be in the Manual between Group 15 Antenna and Group 17 Lighting? I curious. If anyone knows what Group 16 is post it. It could I presume be something Truck or Fleet specific. Possibly Cellphone related. I'm intrigued. AFAIK the truck manuals follow the same Group numbering Schema. Or at least they used to.

Section17 Where art thou? lol.


Regarding the Factory CD not working past XP.

From what I've been able to research that's a common misconception. Apparently the problems 2 fold. It requires some installer legacy code that's not in Widows 64 and it needs to reference the C/Program Files (x86) directory in order to run. But being a Win95/98 era program the installer is totally unaware of needing to create that directory and link to it. From what I've read it actually works just fine in Vista32 and Win7 32bit. It will of course run in a virtual machine on Ultimate in XP Mode or in a VM. But those VMs are are 32bit. FWIW the program will very happily run from a mounted .iso image in a virtual CD drive in XP. That's what I'm doing. Win7 is the newest version of Windows I can run on my old laptop due to a lack of graphic support and I'm limited to 2GB of RAM. So in a couple of weeks I''m going to build a Win7 partition running Win7 32 to prove or disprove this.
I'm providing only what I received. I just noticed that Group 17 is missing, and I cannot provide that as I don't have a copy to provide. If someone has a copy for me to amend to the ZIP file, I'll be happy to include it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Murder View Post
Just wanted to chime in briefly, I agree with what others mentioned above, it could easily land you or others in hot water over sharing this copyrighted materials, that said. Thanks, I like having a digital copy so I'm not dirtying up my hard copy, and as others mentioned I can use this on my tablet and phablet (phone tablet/galaxy note 4).
And you're right about the whole copyright thing. While I may be hiding behind the argument of "it's already out there anyways if you Google it", I may still get in trouble for helping out others on a platform that wasn't as popular as say the Mustang and Explorer.

If the staff of this forum is in agreement with this, then I'll remove the link and if anyone wishes, they can contact me directly via PM for a link.

In all honesty though, what am I hurting at this point in time when the newest MN12 is now 18 years old?

'97 Bird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake & PI Cams | Suspension Rebuild

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness

'00 2dr v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Greddy SP2 CAT-Back | Eibach ProKit springs | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | KYB-GR2 struts
CDsDontBurn is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 07:12 PM
3rd Gear Poster
 
Allan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Woburn, MA
Age: 48
Posts: 181
Just wanted to say thanks.

There used to be downloads available for all the various years referenced here. Maybe the pre-2002 forum? I think it was fordcds dot com or something. I turned a tower of blank cds into wonderful coasters! Tried torrents...
Ended up buying the books for 1992.

CDsDontBurn, whenever I see your name I think of those coasters. Didn't burn right for me!

Anyway, driving my '97 mostly so thanks for the post.

-Allan

92 Sport -5.0L
Just some bolt-ons and a pile of parts on the back burner. There's more on the "To-Do" list than on the "Done" list.
97 Sport -4.6L
Rolling on 17s, otherwise stock. "To-Do" list: PI cams & intake, ported Crown Vic plenum, 75mm TB.
------------------------
Non-Official Parts Hoarder
Words I live by: "I am in no hurry. All I seem to do is collect." -rbrown
Allan is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 09:34 PM
5th Gear Poster
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 479
Garage
Just to note I've got all the paper for 1997. If some one can covert them and send them back it would be a cool project.
97CatMan is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 09:34 AM
1st Gear Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 54
PC/ED manual

Does anyone have the PC/ED Power Control Emissions Diagnostic manual referred to in the factory service manual? I have the factory service and wiring manuals in paper and the CD I just bought does not include PC/ED.

Since I got virtually no help on my Running rich both banks post, I need to research my own problem
ranco is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 03:56 PM
Seasoned PostWhore
 
bowez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NEAR
Posts: 2,436
You've got mail.

If all else fails get a bigger hammer!

93 SC Tbird
MPII w/ Plenum,90mm MAF, 85mm TB, 40# Injectors, 255 lph FP, Double IC w/fan, SCT Chip (Tuned by Jerry),3/4" Raised Top, F52-TT TC, SilverFox AOD 550, SPT-R VB
96 1/2 XR7 Sold and Salvaged
93 5.0 Tbird
bowez is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:39 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1
Garage
Would you be willing to email this zip file you have to briankozul@gmail.com?
jjkozul is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore
 
CDsDontBurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Banning, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 1,516
It's too large of a file to email, 112MB. I have gone ahead and updated the link for the file to be downloaded.

'97 Bird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake & PI Cams | Suspension Rebuild

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness

'00 2dr v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Greddy SP2 CAT-Back | Eibach ProKit springs | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | KYB-GR2 struts
CDsDontBurn is offline  
Reply

Tags
alldata , chilton , haynes , mn12 , service manual

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome