1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rodeo Joe

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
Hurricane Matthew

How's everyone doing that were affected by this deadly storm?

Joe
Boston-Bull likes this.

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 09:05 AM
Seasoned Geek

Brother inlaw in Buies Creek NC , many trees down and 11 inches of rain and know power . Here in the foothills nice clear sky's and mid 50s.

2017 Mustang GT Base/ Making my own premium
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
I am working on Hutchinson island in Port St. Lucie, FL and we evacuate the island on Wednesday and Thursday morning. - I and a few other engineers left on Wednesday the rest of the crew left by Thursday afternoon - anyway, I evacuated to St. Petersburg and waited the storm out there. It was very pleasant.

Should the storm have turned towards land, they were forecasting sustained winds on Thursday night of 140 MPH with gusts up to 165 MPH As it turned out the peak winds they saw at the plant were somewhere in the neighborhood of 95 MPH.

It was still enough to bend signs, palm trees and light poles. Power's good on the island but internet at the hotel is still out (Oh the humanity! ) and I've been told it won't be back on until Tuesday. There were a few boats washed up and sunk around the causeway bridge to the island. Lots of tree branches on the ground but nothing really seriously damaged. They were very luck here.

I'll post pictures later.

I drove back yesterday and we're back to work this morning.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Here are a few pix I took this morning. Does anyone else have any storm pictures to share?

Boat Parking:

Sunken Boat:

More Boat Parking:

Extra points ... Guess the rental car from this corner of the hood.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 04:25 PM
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post
Here are a few pix I took this morning. Does anyone else have any storm pictures to share?

Boat Parking:

Sunken Boat:

More Boat Parking:

Extra points ... Guess the rental car from this corner of the hood.
Looks like an escape. I am in the St Pete area and I didn't even get any rain from it, very lucky.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 09:29 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to steveg1988 Send a message via Skype™ to steveg1988
I got lucky, On Wednesday i was in Vidalia GA delivering food to a foodservice place in the semi, high tailed out of there to Pine Mountain Valley GA and got to Morton MS by friday morning, after getting loaded of course. I missed all the contra-flow, and storm system. I do not want to know what a hurricane will do to a freightliner.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.