• 1 Post By Natesriv
  • 1 Post By Trunk Monkey
  • 1 Post By Rodeo Joe

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Garage
Joining the military

So I ship out the end of the month for three years. I cant keep the Tbird where it is now. I dont want to sell it. What are some options?
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 12:34 PM
4th Gear Poster

Garage
I would sell it to a family member, and then buy it back from them when you get back. If you have some money saved up a storage could fit the car in there. Try to keep your Thunderbird safe, you got alot put into it. I kinda wish I could buy it but I got too many T-Birds already.

Well I wish the best for you in the military, I bet you'll be fine. My little brother is in the navy, the training does sound kinda difficult. Later man.
ogbird95 likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 12:35 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Congrats! What branch? What MOS? Where are you going to training? Where are you going to be stationed at?

Any family that you trust to leave it with?
ogbird95 likes this.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Garage
Im going into Army as a CBRN(HAZMAT) , basic will be in Jackson SC, then training will be in missouri. I dont know where im going to be stationed yet. I already asked my Dad but he doesnt want the responsibility, but i havent asked other family members.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 02:00 PM
5th Gear Poster

Garage
If stored, I'd disconnect batter, put on jack stands, put mothballs in interior and steel wool in any opening you don't want a mouse to go in to... IMHO

Congrats on joining up!
ogbird95 likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 02:35 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbird95 View Post
Im going into Army as a CBRN(HAZMAT) , basic will be in Jackson SC, then training will be in Missouri. I don't know where i'm going to be stationed yet. I already asked my Dad but he doesn't want the responsibility, but i haven't asked other family members.
Ah, Chempuke. ... I was an MP (MudPuppy) when I was in, we had a friendly rivalry with the Chem guys. Good people though. Don't get me wrong.

I spent 4 years at Fort Leonard Wood, MO (Fort Lost in the Woods in the state of Misery) where you'll be going for training. There ain't shit there. St. Louis is about 2 hrs up the interstate and Springfield, MO is 1 HR south of there. There's a college in Rolla, MO which is like one exit up the interstate towards St. Louis. We had a great time up there one weekend when I played for the FLW Rugby team ... I'll leave the details to your imagination.

There was a place off post called TK's Pizza that served some of the best pizza I've ever had. I recommend checking it out. It looks like they're still in business but no guarantees. I haven't had their pizza in 20 years.

Once you finish training you can take leave and get your car - provided you're stationed state side. If you go overseas you might as well sell the car. Save your money while you're overseas and buy something nice when you get home. A lot of guys do that.

At least now you can comparison shop online for cars. When I was in the service it was hard as hell to find a good deal (No internet back in the day). The car salesmen were like vultures over the military guys. Not that they're any better now you just can tell better when they're lying their ass off to you because well ... there's an app for that!
ogbird95 likes this.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 04:41 PM
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
Congrats and best of luck!

Can't really give you any other suggestions what to do with the car, Ron, Kevin and Nate pretty much have things covered.

Joe
ogbird95 likes this.

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.