September 11, 2001 - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Banned

September 11, 2001

I was asleep in my dorm room when a buddy of mine from cali called me and told me to turn on my TV. Half groggy I turned it on and instantly saw the devastation. I mourn the loss of all of those in NY, Wash DC, and Penn. The world has not been the same since. We will prevail. Remember those who were lost today.

So, where were you guys?

Brian Levy
"Thundercat"
post #2 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 09:59 AM
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to MO_XR7 Send a message via Yahoo to MO_XR7
sleeping....

I was actually sleeping like you.......as soon as I woke up I went to the living room and sat down, I don't usually do that........first thing I usually do is check my e-mail and then go to the bathroom. Kinda wierd!

God Bless them all.

MO_XR7
r7@ftco.net">xr7@ftco.net
1995 Mercury Cougar XR7
3.8L V6
1000W RF Stereo system
Lowered 3" & soon to be bagged
*JUST ADDED* Flowmaster 40 series
post #3 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 10:04 AM
4th Gear Poster

where were you

I woke up that morning and turned on the television about five minutes before the second plane hit. I work in radio so when the second plane hit I immediately jumped into the same clothes I had on the day before and went to my radio station.

It was the worst day of my carreer. Not only did I have to view the coverage we also had to comb through our automation system and delete all commercials for airlines. (You never run spots for airlines when there is a crash)

Now today is a little like that day, I am here in my studio playing the music and at a total loss as to what to say on the air. There are some events planned here in my city so that is what I'm saying and that is about all...

'97 V-8 LX
Removed air silencer
post #4 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 10:04 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Robinson
i was at work, half asleep. someone IM'ed me to turn on the TV because something bad happened. i reluctantly went into the other room and turned it on. i didnt know what to think, i just stared at the TV for at least an hour.

www.innerlusion.com
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
89 SC 5 speed

FCoNE President
post #5 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 10:12 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to bmac Send a message via Yahoo to bmac
I was home that day and my mother called me and told me a plane ran in to one of the buildings. I was like "O.K. mom whatever" I turned on the TV just seconds before the 2nd plant hit. Then I think i just stared at the TV for like an hour doing nothing because once the 2nd plane hit and to see it happen you knew what was going on.

Then my roommate came home and we watched the TV till he head to go back to work and clock out.

That was a long day.

Brian Macfadden
Look Good, Be Loud & Go Fast!
1997 Ford Thunderbird LX
post #6 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 10:32 AM
Draggin the Subframe
with Jesus now
RIP Buddy!

My first day at work!

Didn't learn a thing about my new job, just sat listening to the radio about what was going on. it was shocking to say the least, at first I didn't believe it.

The one, the only.........Bagged!.....Bottle Fed!......Thunderchicken!!
13.605 @ 99.46 & 13.608 @ 99.78 & 13.610 @ 101.72 on the bottle.
14.782 @ 94.46 at Cecil
14.792 @ 93.38 at Rockingham with new torque converter (2800 stall) 95% humidity, 82 degrees....
284.3 hp @ 4100 rpm, 370.4 ftlb @ 3600 rpm
Your friendly, run of the mill, Psychopathic moderator

NC Chapter Forum Carolina Thunder

TCCoA A-hole crew 2005 "DIASS"
post #7 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 11:07 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Well, here's what happened for me. I lived with my sister at the time, in Sacramento, CA, every morning I'd drive her to work, then drive home & get a bit more sleep, before I had to go to work at 3:00 p.m. I dropped her off, and just as I pulled away her manager told her that she didn't have to work being that the restaurant was closed due to the fact that all federal/state buildings where not operating that day & that was their customer base, but I was already halfway down the street & I didn't see her the rest of the day. I was also planning on installing my jerry chip into my Thunderbird that day, but that didn't happen for a while either. I turn on the radio and they're talking about how people at sac. international airport are very upset and I figured that a plane crashed or something, then I start hearing sketchy details of the WTC in NYC on fire....I couldn't believe it, I thought it was some kind of joke but at the same time I knew....just had one of those feelings, that it was true, and something very bad was happening. I've never been more right about anything....scary.

So I get home & turn on the TV, Through the fuzzy reception (rabbit ears) I saw both towers on fire, and people running, screaming, total chaos, really scary. I called my mom up, she couldn't believe it either, but she did confirm to me that I wasn't dreaming, this was, unfortunately, real. I got ready for work, and went to my new job at the time....tech support for Earthlink. Every call I took that night was not internet related, and if it was, people where canceling their accounts, because they thought that this was the end of the world.

People where calling in telling us that they where stuck in Canada & stuff because all borders where closed, people stuck in other states because no airlines where flying. Many just called to talk to us, weird that they'd call their ISP, but in times like that I guess people just do interesting stuff. I got off work early that night, never more scared, but never more PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN....I got in my V8 FORD THUNDERBIRD and thought "gee it's great to own something made right here in the US, I looked at that Lorain Ohio sticker, and I felt very proud to be an American, and to support American industry.

I drove home, had a Mickey's and didn't watch TV or read the paper or get online, I just wanted to drink, and relax and not think about how scary and depressing our world had just gotten in literally the blink of an eye. Totally weird stuff, the world is a changed place, I remember I went onto TCCoA, and Eric Grothaus posted a thread which said "Remember Yesterday? Well charish that memory, because today we are living in a different world, and things will never be the same again." Many times I have thought back to those words, and many times I have thought about September 10th and how different everything was. The world has changed, bad things have happened but we WILL come out on top, and life will be like it once was, but we will hopefully be a better nation, because we will be just a bit more united, more patriotic...Nobody can ever forget this day, we need to cherish and protect our rights as a free nation, the best nation on earth.

Thank you for your time.

Earl Jones

2015 Mustang GT Premium / Manual / 3.55 / Recaro

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 09-01-2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Formatted for easier reading
post #8 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 12:06 PM
Veteran Poster

I got up late that morning. I had worked until about 2am in my office so I slept in.

When I get up, I usually hit "the head" and then make a pot of coffee and turn on the TV to catch the latest news and weather.

On the 11th for some reason I turned on the TV first.

The first image I saw was the long shot of the WTC smoking over Peter Jenning's shoulder and the caption at the bottom of the screen that a plane crashed into the building.

As I watched in total disbelief, I saw the 2nd plane come into the screen and hit the second tower. I was so stunned I just sat there! When the first tower fell it really hit me. I knew it was just a matter of time before the 2nd on would drop too.

The next thing I knew it was about 3:30 pm. A good friend of mine called me to tell me he had been watching TV at work for about 6 hours and he wanted to call me to check on my brother who lives in NY. I assured him that he lived out side of the city and was nowhere near the area.

The next thing I knew it was almost 1:00 am and they (TV anchors) were talking about what had happened some 16 hours earlier. I then realized that I had been watching history in the making and that I had been a witness of what would become a major part of American History.

THOUGHT: I still can't believe that someone or a group of people can have that much hate inside of them.

In the past 25 years I have had personal and business dealing that have resulted in a bad feelings and there are several people in my life that I wouldn't even waste the energy to cross the street to piss on them, but I can't fathom the amount of hate these people hold for us and our way of life.

Michael Albee - President - Super Coupe Club Of IOWA

Titanium 1991 SC - Auto
13.265 @ 102.63 mph

Stock Crank, Stock M90, and Stock SC Top .... Everything Else .... Ah, Not So Much!!!!
post #9 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 01:59 PM
Veteran Poster

I had just gotten out of a class at college, and heard a lot of people talking quietly about planes or buildings or something. I'm like "what the h*** is going on here??" Went into the commons area, and there it was, the towers falling before my very eyes. I was able to leave after that class, but i stayed for another hour or two just watching the t.v. Went home, watched it some more. I was numb the rest of the day.

Bird Page
'95 v8 T-bird, 126+K, Tune, "faux" jmod trans, 245 BFG's for grip, "ghetto" intake - Blown Head Gasket
e.t. = 15.3 @ 93 mph
Bird of a different feather - 1999 NBM Pontiac Trans Am, 5.7l LS1 V8 - SLP lid, Borlamouth exhaust. 13.6@102
post #10 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 02:53 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 8ate8
i was sleeping that morning.. had the day off from work.. my mom called and woke me and i put on the TV.. after watching it for 10 mins, i hopped in the car and drove to Sandy Hook (easter tip of central NJ) and i sat at the very end of the beach and watched.. black smoke as far as the eye could see.. an F14 fighter jet flew by at about 11AM and was no more than 200yards off the shore of NJ.

Jersey Rice
NJ Thunderbird & Cougar Club
Sold '96 Thunderbird LX 3.8l :: Cardomain Page
'93 Thunderbird SC 3.8l - 12 second car. 14 second driver.
'05 Toyota X-Runner
post #11 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 03:41 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to HanMan
I was in school. I actually didn't even hear much till around 10:30. First hour somebody said somethin bout a plane and the WTC but I though somethin like a small cessna or somethin. Somebody mentioned it second hour too. I just thought they were trying to get outa class and watch some tv during class and so did my teachers. Somebody mentioned it in 3rd hour and my 3rd hour teacher actually had a clue so she let us watch tv. By then it was pretty much over.

'95 Thunderbird 4.6L V8
post #12 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 03:58 PM
Mushroom Stamp Layer

I was in Saudi Arabia serving our nation...I had just gotten off shift and was asleep in bed when my dad called me from Germany and had me turn the TV on. We were on alert pretty much the rest of my time there thru December.
post #13 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 04:24 PM
PostSkank

Send a message via AIM to StupidFly
I was getting ready to get up for work (you know that mental prep you have to go through about half an hour before your alarm goes off and you have to get outta bed). My mom came in and told me to get up because a plane had crashed into the WTC. I replied something along the lines of "yeah mom thats great" and I rolled over in my bed. I got up a few minutes later and wandered out into the living room. Things started to sink in, and then the second plane hit. I dont remeber too many details after that except that Fort Huachuca closed its gates and people were having a helluva time getting to work on post. Dillards closed early so I drove the half hour home with the radio on, skipping between stations when comercials came on..... just like I did on my way to work.

I remember parents and relatives telling me about the Kennedy assassination, and how everyone remembers exactly where they were and what they were doing when it happened. The thought that a single occurance could carry so much weight that an entire country would eternally remember the second it happened, and where they were, and what they were doing. As if they had crossed a threshold, and things ceased to exist as they did the moment before, everything from that instant on would be different. That thought didnt make sense to me, it was over my head...... Now I understand.

math > pasta
post #14 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 04:37 PM
3rd Gear Poster

I was at work and heard it on the radio. I just thought that it was a joke or something they were doing on the morning show. So i went to the waiting area and saw that it was no joke.
post #15 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 04:42 PM
Ohio TCCoA

I was late for work. I over slept a litte and was running behind. I did for some reason turn the tv on and saw what was going on. Went into work and everyone was around my bar watching the tv. Spent most that day sitting on a cooler watching what was going on.

later,
jay
post #16 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 04:44 PM
Refrigerator Raider Hater

I was in my dorm room, watching TV when they interrupted the show I was watching...I went around waking people up and telling them to turn on their TV...classes were cancelled that day, all day.

Matt "Looks Like Egon" Davis
96 Alpine Green V8
98 Audi A8 4.2Q in Racing Green Totalled
02 Audi A8L 4.2Q in Black

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
You drive "like a man possessed"... by a woman!
post #17 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 05:06 PM
Mushroom Stamp Layer

Here's also something....this blanket was signed by all the service members at Eskan Village, Saudi Arabia after 9/11 and given to Mayor Can'tspellhisname and the City of New York. It's almost wierd when deployed soldiers send a "care package" type thing back to the US.

post #18 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 12:41 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
September 11, 2001

I usually dont try to get to political in discussions about current events in the world or potentially fragile and/or volitile subjects. The next few days will be quite busy for me, so i have chosen to post this. The tragic events of 11 Sept 01 were an event which galvanized the American people so to speak. Though, i have noticed in the past two years, this patriotism and comerodery has faded, we as a people have seemed to have set it at the back of our minds.
In the days following 11 Sept, i vividly remember taking the MetroRail to UM for ROTC class in uniform, it felt as though i wasnt looked at like some random "kid" as opposed to heading down there on my off day in my civies. People stood closer, waited for me to walk onto the train first.
But, it goes away, this event happened because, we as a country and people are trusting, we have a free society, anyone in the world can be an "American" anyone can walk free. To paraphrase to Statue of Liberty, "Give us your weak, huddling mass yearning to breath free air". Yet the same generousity we offer others was taken for granted, it was used to destroy us, or to attempt too. Just like 7 December 1941, this event that was meant to divide us has brought us together. Unfortunately, others died in order for us to see the bigger picture, to realize how fragile life can be, that petty inconsistancies at the end of the day mean jack squat. Our freedom, our oppurtunity to engage in the privledges of democracy, to excercise freedom of speech, others are willing to die for and die to destroy. The attack on the World Trade Center was an attempt to cut the throat of freedom, that blade wasnt sharp enough. The attack on the Pentagon was an attempt to destroy the entity and to declare war with the single most powerful defending force of democracy in the history of civilization.
somewhere along the line of govt, there was a communication breakdown, when and where it happened at this point and what could have prevented it are all hindsight. Yes it happened, but this is not a police state and i will not point fingers in this thread. I beleive sometimes the consequences of living in a free society is that some actions end up being retroactive rather than be proactive. And no matter what the cause of mission that the Dept of Defense is currently undertaking, if you agree with it or not, there is a bigger picture and a more far reaching goal. It may not be seen in our lifetime but if it prevents 19 more punks from attempting to take down another building, i will staunchly support them. Those 19 cowards have chosen to pick a fight with 275 million people. The terrorists have won the coin toss and have elected to recieve.

The fallen members of the NYPD, FDNY, PAPD, and staff in the Pentagon on that fateful day should never be forgotten. Dont let your children, grandchildren, and greatgrandchildren forget. We all know where we were what we saw and how we felt on that fateful day...Unfortunately much of the TV and print media in this country has chosen to scapegoat 11 Sept for their own financial gain, but live TV and those infuriating images burned into our minds are far more detailed and vivid that what any network or publishing company can create.

Thank You for reading...

"Let's Roll"

joseph

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird 14.17@98.57mph AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #19 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 02:03 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

I also usually stay clear of these things, but here goes.

First off, well spoken Joe. No two people will ever agree 100%, but on the whole I do agree with you. There are many who give their time, their efforts, and even their lives to defend our country, and I have the highest respect for them. My dad, uncle, grandfather and grandmother have all been in the services at one time or another. We all do our little things to show our support. I still see a lot more flags, posters, shirts, and so on than before that day two years ago. However, just like any tradgedy, time fades the sharpness of it all... but don't let that think people have forgotten - those who were around for Pearl Harbor still remember, as do those who remember John F Kennedy, and so on.

where I disagree is on one point: the goal of the terrorists is to destroy our freedom. And when we change our ways to limit our freedoms, we're giving them exactly what they want. Don't get me wrong - we need more security. Boats, planes, and human border traffic are all problems we have to face and deal with- but let's respect the people's rights as well. Wasn't it Jefferson who said "He who gives up his rights for his security gets neither"? It is a tough call, I agree. I just don't like it when the checks and balances within the laws that are there to protect the people are removed... its a dangerous thing to do. We need a more respectful stance is all I'm trying to say. Our troops do a great job of protecting our rights abroad, let's do as good a job of it here. Let's just hope Ashcroft doesn't try to outlaw dancing in the meantime, lol.

Support your troops. They spend their lives supporting the rest of us.

96 Mustang GT 5spd. w/ 248A Option (GTS). Stock for now until I get the Roush on.

97 Thunderbird 4.6L LX /w Sport Package
24k B&M Cooler, 1" lowered, Steeda UD Pulleys, Dynomax cat-back, J-mod, 3.73's, PI intake, PI cams, 03 GT MAF/Tube, SCT tuned - Gone but not forgotten.
MAMN12 Drag Racing Team -15.278@90.60MPH. In need of updated times.
post #20 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 08:11 AM
Boom.

Beautiful job Joe...that was awesome. Just out of curiosity which ROTC branch are you in?

SilverBird, just out of curiosity again, I'm not trying to come down on you, just wondering...what have we changed that you consider an affront to your personal freedom?

You can do just about anything in the United States of America, but one thing that you can't do is terrorize. By enacting measures such as the Patriot Act, we are taking steps to stop this crap. And I am sick of one side of the aisle saying that the administration sucks on homeland defense, because another attack has not taken place, in fact many have been stopped before they could.

I don't believe that we have lost any freedom in our lives. Hopefully the only thing that we will be giving the terrorists is a lifetime stay in a maximum security prison or a few 5.56 mm rounds.

TCCoABAMFC - Founding Member
Official Member of the TCCoA Evil Underground Moderator Conspiracy
TCCoA Gun Club

2003 Mach 1 - 4.6L DOHC V8/4R70W

1995 Cougar XR7 - PI 4.6L SOHC V8
post #21 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 08:21 AM
5th Gear Poster

And don't forget the plane that went down in Pennsylvania. Though we're not entirely sure what happened we are pretty sure that those passengers stopped the efforts of the terrorists.
post #22 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 10:24 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
Quote:
Originally posted by Palmguy
Beautiful job Joe...that was awesome. Just out of curiosity which ROTC branch are you in?

SilverBird, just out of curiosity again, I'm not trying to come down on you, just wondering...what have we changed that you consider an affront to your personal freedom?

You can do just about anything in the United States of America, but one thing that you can't do is terrorize. By enacting measures such as the Patriot Act, we are taking steps to stop this crap. And I am sick of one side of the aisle saying that the administration sucks on homeland defense, because another attack has not taken place, in fact many have been stopped before they could.

I don't believe that we have lost any freedom in our lives. Hopefully the only thing that we will be giving the terrorists is a lifetime stay in a maximum security prison or a few 5.56 mm rounds.
I was in AFROTC at University of Tennessee then transfered to FAU and took the crosstown program at UM. Unfortunately i had to drop it because a 70 mile one way trip and entire day was taken out of schedule. Also, since the POC course requires a three day a week commitment and staff meetings on friday i just couldnt do it and there is no way i could afford UMs 28k a year tuition. I was going to go to UCF instead but wasnt admitted because i was an outtastate transfer from Knoxville and wasnt seen as a priority to the university.

joseph

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird 14.17@98.57mph AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #23 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Fry Rice Specialist

September 11th Memorial

watching discovery channel on tv about 9/11.

all i want to say is those people who are on flight 93 and those soldiers that are fighting for the freedom of our country (former and current),

i give you guys these....

all these people will always have a place in my heart.

i still remember the day that morning when it happens. i was in the classroom waiting for my lecturer to come, then she came in and said "world trade center is being struck by a plane and i'm cancelling this class." we all go to the next room that have tv and watch the news there. i go to the lobby and watch the news there and i was speechless when i saw it live on tv that the second plane struck the other building. i can't believe what just happened in front of my eyes.

i spend the whole day at school watching the news and i will always remember the scene. i saw the second building being struck, i saw how both the building come down at that moment, i heard the pentagon and saw it on tv live, the down of flight 93, sorry for the long post but i will always remember that day for my whole life and "lets roll!!"

My daily job is to fry rice for my customers....

My Bird is the nicest looking in Midland, Michigan

CarDomain Page

Every success are only archieveable through many mistake and that's the learning process.

Anyone looking for EBC Greenstuff front pads for non-sport front brakes?
brand new for $70 bucks shipped to your door within 48 states within United States.
post #24 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 02:34 AM
TCCoAAC Member
%n haters club

Send a message via AIM to Deus003 Send a message via Yahoo to Deus003
I was in class in Naval Nuclear Power School. The captain came over the 1mc and announced it. The base was almost completely shut down for 2 days.

--Craig

I like my coffee black, like I like my metal.
post #25 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 03:31 AM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to ThomasR91169
i was in a very bad mood today.

frankly people HAVE forgotten already. my cook was like "so you think itll be busy today?" and i was like "hell no, not on 9/11, people might shop but they aint gonna get food" and he was like "oh yeah, thats today huh". then my other waitress said the same thing. put me off for the whole day.

i believe at certain points in the day, there should be a 5 second flash of pictures from that day that air on all channels. like once at 8 in the morn, once at 1 in the afternoon, once at 6 at night. like youll be watching CSI or news and BAM youre flooded with pics of that day, of the pain and horror, then bam its over and youre left feeling so mad at the terrorists you see now remember the reasons we are at war with terror.

1994 Tbird 4.6l, 3 trannies later and still bone stock.
Click to See
2002 Stang GT, 5spd "Ellie", Eleanor Tribute. Stage 3 Roush Kit, Saleen S281 Spoiler, JMS / Ironman Customs CL-2 C-Pillar Panels. Black Racing stripes on Pepper Grey. Minor Bolt ons, Real mods coming soon(Procharger, VT cams/Headwork, 31spline Eaton Rear, T-56 Swap)
post #26 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 8ate8
I didn't have classes that day, so I drove down to Sandy Hook to go watch it. If you looked up in the sky, all you could see was smoke trailing south for miles upon miles. I got there right as the second tower fell.

Sucks that all I had was this crappy 35mm camera, but this is what I saw:

http://www.8ate8.com/images/other/nyc1.jpg
http://www.8ate8.com/images/other/nyc2.jpg
http://www.8ate8.com/images/other/nyc3.jpg
http://www.8ate8.com/images/other/nyc4.jpg
http://www.8ate8.com/images/other/nyc5.jpg

They have this down at the Leonardo Marina:

Jersey Rice
NJ Thunderbird & Cougar Club
Sold '96 Thunderbird LX 3.8l :: Cardomain Page
'93 Thunderbird SC 3.8l - 12 second car. 14 second driver.
'05 Toyota X-Runner
post #27 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Who is John Galt?

I was sitting in my first hour chem class when the first plane struck. Then when i was getting on the bus for band, someone told me what happened, I thought they were BS'ing. Then the director told us when we assembled on the field, and that was the first time I had ever heard that 120 person band be silent. Noone could believe what was happening. Nothing was done at school that day. The entire school just dat and watched the news all day. It still brings tears to my eyes to think about the events of that day.

Last year at school, we had one of the guys that worked on the design of the towers come in and give a speech on the building and everything. I only wish i hadn't have had class when he was speaking. I would have loved to have seen that.

Kinda like the Daryl Worley song, "Have you forgotten?"

"Won't work, can't be done"
post #28 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Street Freekz

Send a message via MSN to 96_Cougar Send a message via Yahoo to 96_Cougar
September 11

Its hard to believe that its been 5 years since the attacks on the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and United Airlines Flight #93 that crashed in an empty field just outside Shanksville, Pennsylvania. United #93 actually was reported to have flown over my house and turned around just down the road. My reason for posting this is so that no one ever forgets that day.

FDNY - 343
NYPD - 23
PAPD- 37 + 1 K-9

All Gave Some, Some Gave All

Post what you were doing when you found out about the attacks.

I was in my 8th grade English class when I heard that the Tower's had been struck. I watched it all unfold right in front of me on the TV & it was so sad to think people could do that to one another.

My prayers go out to everyone affected by the events of that day.

Last edited by 96_Cougar; 09-11-2006 at 09:46 AM.
post #29 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
Senior in high school, I was in English class when our teacher told us the news. Our principal let us watch TV for the rest of the school day, and had the option to go home early. I watched the second plane hit on TV like everyone else and soon the towers…very said day...God bless those who where doing there job to protect and serve…read the sig.

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free
post #30 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 12:36 AM
Refrigerator Raider Hater

I woke up in my dorm at around 9am, sleeping in as I didn't have my first class till 11am (college). The allowed people with family connections to leave, the rest of us went to classes as normal.

Matt "Looks Like Egon" Davis
96 Alpine Green V8
98 Audi A8 4.2Q in Racing Green Totalled
02 Audi A8L 4.2Q in Black

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
You drive "like a man possessed"... by a woman!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.