The Official TCCoA Beer Thread! WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BEER!? - Page 5 - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 09:52 PM
One And Only!

Send a message via AIM to PHATBRD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativedetroiter View Post
Bud Select is good, I like it.

There is nothing else to do in W.VA, except drink, and the cheaper the beer. The better!
^^^HAAHA you got that right man!!

Its like 2 bucks a drink over there some guy i met there was complaining how he spends a lot of money when he goes out to the bar!
So I am like:" oh yeah what you spend usually?"
He is like at least 40-50 bucks every night!

To me thats like 5-6 drinks to them its like a lot!!!

Good Times!

WWW.PHATBRD.COM
1994 Ford Thunderbird
One-Of-A-Kind
Custom Painted Vortech Supercharged Cobra Engine
Slammed On Staggered 20's With Way To Many Mods To LIST

post #122 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by strung View Post
awwwww!......where the keystone love?
Its gone. Been gone since, lets see, I used to party at SDSU, and that was in... humm, 1996/7... long gone....

Phatbird, Ya man. I knows it, I knows it bro.

Ya, its funny, Funny like a Clown.
post #123 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
Stella Artois has an interesting website. One of the nicer ones I've seen, especially for beer.

www.stellaartois.com/

In Great Britain, the term "wifebeater" is used as slang for the Belgian beer Stella Artois. A possible origin is the famous scene in the movie A Streetcar Named Desire, where Marlon Brando's character yells "Stella!", the name of his wife, as he begs her to return after violently beating her. In British culture, Stella Artois is associated with a drinking culture in which domestic abuse may follow a bout of drinking at the local pub.

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.
post #124 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Lots of beer in here.

Drink Bud Light for the cheap factor.
All the Spaten beers are good. Canadians aren't too bad either, even LaBatte I like a bunch.

And for all you Killian's fans. Go try a good red beer. Murphy's.

95 SC 5-speed The Toy in Storage now.
95 SC Auto Newest storage queen.
91 Festiva 1.3L baby 5 speed
03 Crown Vic Sport 4.6... driver
10 Flex Brick Twin Turbos
*Rodney*
post #125 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Beer and Cheese

Garage
The Official TCCoA Beer Thread! WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BEER!?

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

Last edited by OxmanWI; 01-26-2014 at 09:46 PM.
post #126 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 12:22 PM
5th Gear Poster

I like a wide verity of beer we use to go to jungle jims and pick up a 6 pack of different type's of beer once a week and try all different types of beers. Sadly just about anything made in Asia is a GREAT beer. http://www.tsingtaobeer.com/ this is a good stuff. But i normally drink miller for the most part. I have had everything from malt liquor to expensive imported beer its all good to me

Cincinnati Thunderbird and cougar club www.cintcc.com
post #127 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 12:29 PM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

Steel reserve 40oz at a time.

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #128 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 01:45 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Meh, not a beer fan unless I'm already GONE. I'll take some Irish whiskey if yer buyin'??? WOOT!

Angela
Powered By Ford
1994 Thunderbird LX V8, Black
2004 Mustang Mach 1, Oxford White
1990 Mustang LX, Vert 5.0, '7-Up Special'
post #129 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 02:56 PM
4th Gear Poster

I usually drink hard cider, but when I do drink beer I like Gordon Biersch's Hefeweizen or Sam Adams Winter Lager.

-Josh
My Car Domain

"It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy
to deprive a man of his natural liberty
upon the supposition that he may abuse it."
-George Washington
post #130 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
Liking Miller Lite, and was drinking Bud Light until all this selling of Anheuser-Busch crap started.

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.
post #131 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 12:03 AM
4th Gear Poster

Stella top five fa sho, yuengling, budweiser american ale ain't bad really either, high life when I'm workin on the car, and a 40 of Old English when times are hard.

97 Thunderbird LX 4.6L
Current Mods
PI Intake Manifold, Comp XE268's, 180 degree T-stat, Brother's Performance U/D pulleys, K&N filter w custom CAI, 75mm TB and Trick Flow plenum, Borla mufflers w Magnaflow tips, Magnaflow straight cats, Summit 8mm wires, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Koni Adjustable Front Shocks, Bilstein Cobra Rear Shocks, Cobra R replica rims(17x9)front (17x10.5)rear
post #132 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

had a bunch of cider tonight.

when im out its BlueMoon, budlight, coorslight, mgd when i can get it its ShockTop

CMP Drag Racing
best ET: 12.410 -- best MPH: 107.61
NMRA MM7270 -- NMCA EFI/? ????
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

post #133 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 02:51 AM
PostWhore

I got pulled over by some bored police checking to see if I was drunk. LOL the guy seemed disappointed when I told him I just got done with my delivery driving shift. He asked if I had been drinking and then had to say "ok obviously no drinking but mind if I check out your licence." I said "no, feel free." I have to say I noticed the guys were standing around in a group at 12:30 at night at their mobile command unit that I loudly passed by. I wasn't really speeding either but I definitely got their attention. I got let go but I had already already arrived at the gas station. It was funny because I think he was going to just tail me until I made some drunken move so I don't think I was speeding I just was loud and caught their eye. Ahhh good times.

post #134 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 03:40 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splattered View Post
I got pulled over by some bored police checking to see if I was drunk. LOL the guy seemed disappointed when I told him I just got done with my delivery driving shift. He asked if I had been drinking and then had to say "ok obviously no drinking but mind if I check out your licence." I said "no, feel free." I have to say I noticed the guys were standing around in a group at 12:30 at night at their mobile command unit that I loudly passed by. I wasn't really speeding either but I definitely got their attention. I got let go but I had already already arrived at the gas station. It was funny because I think he was going to just tail me until I made some drunken move so I don't think I was speeding I just was loud and caught their eye. Ahhh good times.
just doing his job. i got pulled over a few weeks ago at 3am on my way home, i wasnt speeding but apparently i didnt signal to make a lane change so that was her excuse to pull me over. i would have been ticked if i would have gotten a ticket for no signal, she gave me a warning, but she was just doing her job to see if i was intoxicated. i dont mind that as long as it doesnt cause me to be late for something.

CMP Drag Racing
best ET: 12.410 -- best MPH: 107.61
NMRA MM7270 -- NMCA EFI/? ????
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

post #135 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Samuel Adams.

One of the few remaining true American Beers that's still brewed and owned by an American company run by an American and brewed exclusively in the USA in Boston and Cincinnati!
Cheers to Jim Koch and his great-great grandfather Louis Koch.

I do drink other beers but always seek out the local Micro-brews when I'm traveling.

I'll certainly have one for you Josh and all the other guys under GO1! Hang in there guys.

You guys can keep your trendy "Beer-of-the-day"; I scoff at Blue Moon with an orange slice - that's not just a lady's drink it's a bubbly headed blond college freshman trying to impress her sorority sisters drink. You do know there's a man law that clearly states "No Fruit in Beer."? The next thing you know they're going to stick a small umbrella in the glass and call it a Beertini.

And WTF is this Grey Goose with Red bull crap? This is a Beer thread. If you want to talk foo-foo drinks start your own thread.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 03-18-2009 at 08:18 AM.
post #136 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Mark M. TCCoA VP Send a message via Yahoo to Mark M. TCCoA VP

Found this:

As pictured above, look for the pigeon feces and you'll find this old bird. As soon as you taste this swill, it will be obvious that its makers cut every corner possible in its production to make it cheap. Self-proclaimed as "The American Classic," Thuderbird is Vinted and bottled by E&J Gallo Winery, in in Modesto, CA. Disguised like Night Train, the label says that it is made by "Thunderbird, Ltd." If your taste buds are shot, and you need to get trashed with a quickness, then "T-bird" is the drink for you. Or, if you like to smell your hand after pumping gas, look no further than Thunderbird. As you drink on, the bird soars higher while you sink lower. The undisputed leader of the five in foulness of flavor, we highly discourage driking this ghastly mixture of unknown chemicals unless you really are a bum. A convenience store clerk in Show Low, AZ once told me that only the oldest of stumbling indian drunks from the reservation buy Thunderbird. Avaliable in 750 mL and a devastating 50 oz jug.

The history of Thunderbird is as interesting as the drunken effects the one experiences from the wine. When Prohibition ended, Ernest Gallo and his brothers Julio and Joe wanted to corner the young wine market. Earnest wanted the company to become "the Campbell Soup company of the wine industry" so he started selling Thunderbird in the ghettos around the country. Their radio adds featured a song that sang, "What's the word? / Thunderbird / How's it sold? / Good and cold / What's the jive? / Bird's alive / What's the price? / Thirty twice." It is said that Ernest once drove through a tough, inner city neighborhood and pulled over when he saw a bum. When Gallo rolled down his window and called out, "What's the word?" the immediate answer from the bum was, "Thunderbird."

WARNING: This light yellow liquid turns your lips and mouth black! A mysterious chemical reaction similar to disappearing-reappearing ink makes you look like you've been chewing on hearty clumps of charcoal.

Other Bum wines:

http://www.bumwine.com/

"Mark M. TCCoA VP. Emeritus"

To the Batmobile ! ! !

ADDCO MN12 big bar R&D guru

Last edited by Mark M. TCCoA VP; 03-18-2009 at 08:35 AM.
post #137 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 09:43 AM
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M. TCCoA VP View Post
http://tccoa.com/drnuts/thunderbird.jpg

Found this:
The first time i got drunk i drank Thunderbird and a 40 of colt 45. Not by choice we were young and didn't have much money so this is all we could afford along with a 12 pack of natural light. I don't suggest Thunderbird im not a wine man my self but then again i don't consider this to be wine either. It will defiantly get you drunk in a short period of time tho and its the cheapest crap out there. How ever the taste and the price go hand in hand probably why they consider it the drink of the homeless and the reason they stopped selling it in major cities.

Cincinnati Thunderbird and cougar club www.cintcc.com

Last edited by cougar_guy04; 03-24-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: removed IMG tag from quote
post #138 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 10:53 AM
4th Gear Poster

It'll getcha drunk!!!

97 Thunderbird LX 4.6L
Current Mods
PI Intake Manifold, Comp XE268's, 180 degree T-stat, Brother's Performance U/D pulleys, K&N filter w custom CAI, 75mm TB and Trick Flow plenum, Borla mufflers w Magnaflow tips, Magnaflow straight cats, Summit 8mm wires, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Koni Adjustable Front Shocks, Bilstein Cobra Rear Shocks, Cobra R replica rims(17x9)front (17x10.5)rear
post #139 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Chris_Murder
Stone IPA (Indian Pale Ale) Stone Arrogant Bastard

-1996 Pearl White Thunderbird 4.6 Sport 4v with many mods:
Current Best: 13.583 @ 103.74 10/2014.
227hp/241tq measured on calibrated mustang dyno, tested at full vehicle simulation with inertia enabled, no number skewing.
-2001 White Ford F-250 Super Duty 6.8 V10, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG KO2's, Bilstein 7100 Remote Reservoir Race Bypass Shocks, 6" Spring lift, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, FlowMaster Exhaust
Amber_Murder's Daily Driver.
-2005 White GMC Sierra 3500 6.6 Duramax, Dually, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG Commercial T/A's, Rancho RS9000XL Shocks, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust
Chris_Murder's Daily Driver.
post #140 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 09:34 AM
1st Gear Poster

Atwater block brewery (local detroit microbrewery)... " voodoo vater dopplebock" is the beer. This stuff should be illegal! its dark and sweet deliciousness oh yea and it is like 9.5- 10 in alchohl percentage! Four of them is all you need before your touching your girlfriends friends butts on "accident" JK! Cheers!

96 4.6 sport---- fresh suspension, other than that stock as a rock!
post #141 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
my beer of choice:

1994 Thunderbird - 2000 4.2L M5R2 now on the road!!

1995 Thunderbird - 2002 Alum 4.6L SVO - Awaiting transplant... (Parts donor)

1996 Cougar - 2004 3.9L 4R70W
post #142 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 11:00 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ThunderBeast86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco1385 View Post
Is this the same as J.W. Dundee's Honey Brown? Made in New York?

Too much of a coincidence...but the stuff I know of looks different!

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
DOHC sitting in the garage
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
Tranny Cooler, Dual Remote Oil Filter waiting for install

Last edited by cougar_guy04; 03-24-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Removed IMG tag from quote
post #143 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 12:33 PM
PostWhore

killians is the ****

I'm Mister_T and I approve this message.
post #144 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:16 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post
Samuel Adams.

One of the few remaining true American Beers that's still brewed and owned by an American company run by an American and brewed exclusively in the USA in Boston and Cincinnati!
Cheers to Jim Koch and his great-great grandfather Louis Koch.

I do drink other beers but always seek out the local Micro-brews when I'm traveling...........

.....You guys can keep your trendy "Beer-of-the-day"; I scoff at Blue Moon with an orange slice - that's not just a lady's drink it's a bubbly headed blond college freshman trying to impress her sorority sisters drink. You do know there's a man law that clearly states "No Fruit in Beer."? The next thing you know they're going to stick a small umbrella in the glass and call it a Beertini.

And WTF is this Grey Goose with Red bull crap? This is a Beer thread. If you want to talk foo-foo drinks start your own thread.

Oh man, Trunk Monkey never fails. Glad to see some people here drink something other than light beer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwiggles2004 View Post
It'll getcha drunk!!!
LOL!

-Josh
My Car Domain

-George Washington
post #145 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 11:25 PM
PostWhore

NO one else likes the 211 steel reserve with 8.1% alcohol and the very attractive price tag?

post #146 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Beer and Cheese

Garage
Since last fall I've been drinking Guinness, I fell in love with it when I first had a sip of the stuff at a wedding. Can't wait to have a tall glass when I get home.

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free
post #147 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderBeast86 View Post
Is this the same as J.W. Dundee's Honey Brown? Made in New York?

Too much of a coincidence...but the stuff I know of looks different!
that IS J.W. Dundee Honey Brown. they recently changed the packaging to display the honey bee more. they do some kind of work to help with the honey bee preservation or something.... i read all that on the label. lol

the old used to be this:

1994 Thunderbird - 2000 4.2L M5R2 now on the road!!

1995 Thunderbird - 2002 Alum 4.6L SVO - Awaiting transplant... (Parts donor)

1996 Cougar - 2004 3.9L 4R70W
post #148 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 02:38 PM
4th Gear Poster

Also,

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin

Quite possibly the greatest quote ever.

-Josh
My Car Domain

-George Washington
post #149 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 03:31 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Nihilo View Post
Also,

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin

Quite possibly the greatest quote ever.
That's right. Just wish I could get some of it down here

Of what I can get, it's usually Sweetwater Georgia Brown or Newcastle when I go out. At home, it's whatever I haven't tried that looks like it might be good. I sort of have a bottle cap collection of all the different beers I've tried and kept the cap. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is also one of my favorites at home 'cause I don't think I've seen it on too many restaurant lists, if any. I'm kind of surprised--I do not think I've seen Sierra Nevada on this list of brews.
post #150 of 340 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Here's another great quote - and a favorite of mine - that I saw hung on the wall of a Florida Bar.

"Time spent enjoying beer is not deducted from ones lifespan."
-unknown

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.