20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Black_Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymance View Post
Oh i know, thats how my Xcal and my EFI live works as well...but who got time for that when you are trying to keep the AC running cause your girl is hot?

What if you have only 3/8th tank of E85...you are in the middle of the desert at the last gas station for the next 325 miles and you want to top off the tank and this particular gas station only has 89 available....will you have a tune specifically to calibrate 3/8 E85-5/8 89 mixture in your tank?

Most stations also have various levels of E85...in the GTR we did a flex fuel E85 swap on the computer pics up and displays the E85 content in the tank... all the local stations are only like E70-E75 or some crap...its terrible how some gas stations get away with it.
LOL! First of all, I would never date a girl that high maintenance, and if she was that way she could walk. Second, it's DD'ish; I'm about to get a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer 4.0 V6 from my parents so that will be on DD duty once I get it.

I drive an endangered species...they are being crushed at an alarming rate. Please do your part to preserve the Cougar species, and ensure they live on into the future.

1995 Mercury Cougar XR-7 4.6L 2V 5 Speed
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Collector's Edition Car#94
2009 BMW 535i M Sport Package
post #62 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 06:41 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR7-4.6 View Post
I had the 450+ settings with the line pressures maxed in the tune. It was... interesting. It felt neither like an auto or a manual, I have yet to be able to make a shift as hairy as that 4R made all the time. It was snappy, but being in other J-Modded cars using the more common mild to middle settings I wouldn't say mine shifted that much harder, but what it did was shift way faster in addition to it, and not in a way I'd call refined, it almost felt like things were going to break just puttering around town, and it made tuning shift points frustrating. Gave the car character though
Years ago a buddy and I did that on a 5.0 AWD explorer he had. In that situation, given that it couldn't spin the tires when it shifted, yes it did break things pretty quickly. About 5K miles after doing it, he was driving the car down the highway and all of a sudden the trans started locking up randomly. Luckily he got it to the shop, and we had a spare one to swap in, which we then did the mild j-mod to instead of the 450+ setting.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90SC 5-speed, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, soon to be transplanted into...
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-70 Torino GT Fastback project car. Needs EFI and a manual trans, but I'm not sure what motor to go with yet.
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #63 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Black_Cat
Well...my Lincoln was pulled off DD duty, I was using the Cougar for a good while, but it requires some adjustments and such for everyday use. I also wasn't a fan of beating up the mega-expensive investment of money I have in the chassis, drivetrain, etc. on DD duty, it's really just a track car nowadays; still streetable, but definitely not a daily. Soooo I bought a new DD thingy.

Time to go hibernate sweet pea:

Aaaaand the new DD:

2009 BMW 535i M Sport Package.

Twin Turbo in-line 3 litre 6 cylinder. Going to throw a JB4/Accessport on it, downpipes, RPi exhaust, Sport Automatic Transmission controller, oil catch can, 7 inch Front mount intercooler, evolution charge pipe and forged diverter valves. All said and done it will be a 500hp/620tq daily driver that gets around 19 city and 29 mpg highway. The color is called Carbon Black (It's blue and black at the same time, kind of like mystichrome.)

I drive an endangered species...they are being crushed at an alarming rate. Please do your part to preserve the Cougar species, and ensure they live on into the future.

1995 Mercury Cougar XR-7 4.6L 2V 5 Speed
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Collector's Edition Car#94
2009 BMW 535i M Sport Package

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.