Well, after reading at least 2 posts per day about clunking, I've made this sticky. I will list common things that "clunk" on the MN12 chassis here, and if you can think of any more not listed, add them on, and I'll consolidate the list. I hope this will help people out, and maybe cut down on repetitive posts.
1. Upper Ball Joints
2. Lower Ball Joints
3. Swaybar endlink bushings
4. Brake Calipers
5. strut rod bushings
6. Lower Control Arm shock mount bushing
7. Loose upper shock mount/subframe bolts
8. Tie Rods
9. Broken Spring
10. Loose lower shock mounting bolt
11. Steering Rack
I did my suspension and have clunking all over.
1. I loosened the pinch bolt and separated the upper from lower, but its tight.
2. didn't mess with it
3. yes this may be one thing I think causing my issue, got new ones for both sides, I know I didn't tighten them that tight because I put it together of the ground and didn't want to tighten it to tight like that, I will tighten tomorrow is there such a thing as too tight?
4 Didn't mess with any of them
5. Shock bottom bolt on front could be tightened more but I put tokicos in and when I was tightening it There was some slack between where it mounts and I tightened it enough to make it take up the slack and touch like the old one did. Shock bolt on the back is tight as it can be, the top on the rear seems tight also seems like its spinning and can't get tighter, i had a friend hold the bottom bushing on the outside to keep from spinning while I tightened the bolt inside. I put Bilisteins in the rear and can count 6 threads, can't get it any tighter. Is there something better to hold to keep it from spinning?
6. It didn't knock before... didn't damage anything
7. they are tight
8. Didn't mess with those no noise before
9. new springs Vogtland 1"
10. see 5
11. Didn't mess with it no noise before
Any one have any thought from personal experience, with similar set up?
I reused all hardware is there any one time use hardware?
used new shock mounts.
I'm going to find the specs seen it here some where and double check everything tomorrow.
Alignment seems good too