Finally did it. - TCCoA Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By steveg1988

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to steveg1988 Send a message via Skype™ to steveg1988
Finally did it.

Bought the PBR calipers, with some raybestos hybrid pads, and new wagner rotors. Friend is installing it for me while i am on the road, same time he is going to drop the fuel tank and replace the gasket, and the fuel sender unit with motorcraft parts versus whatever i put on, and put in a mark VIII driveshaft.

Any leads on a good supplier of stainless steel brake lines for our cars?
Woodman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 04:14 AM
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
You mean these or the lines for the car body?

Joe

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo Joe View Post
You mean these or the lines for the car body?

Joe
Yes, thank you. i was having a brain fart at figuring out how to describe them

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 12:23 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg1988 View Post
Bought the PBR calipers, with some raybestos hybrid pads, and new wagner rotors. Friend is installing it for me while i am on the road, same time he is going to drop the fuel tank and replace the gasket, and the fuel sender unit with motorcraft parts versus whatever i put on, and put in a mark VIII driveshaft.

Any leads on a good supplier of stainless steel brake lines for our cars?
Any hydraulic shop can make you SS custom lines if you bring your stock ones to him. This isn't rocket science and they just need to know what the ends look like and depending on what labor costs in your area, this might be cheaper. FWIW, in super expensive Bay Area CA, a custom M5R2 hydraulic line cost me ~$50/ea (same stuff but slightly different ends).

If you want something off the shelf, Classic Tube makes them and sells them through their primary distributor for tbird bits. I called about buying them directly and it was cheaper to go through spinning wheels (no shipping).
SpinningWheels-SC - Search

I've used them for 6 weekends worth of lemons races (more abuse than a DD) before noticing some discoloration on the plastic jacket on the front SS lines (they still worked but I made the first set "race spares' and just went ahead and ordered a second set to put on the car). $145 for all 4.

My TCCOA iTrader Rating: (44 / 100% w/ 50+ transactions)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4gunn View Post
Any hydraulic shop can make you SS custom lines if you bring your stock ones to him. This isn't rocket science and they just need to know what the ends look like and depending on what labor costs in your area, this might be cheaper. FWIW, in super expensive Bay Area CA, a custom M5R2 hydraulic line cost me ~$50/ea (same stuff but slightly different ends).

If you want something off the shelf, Classic Tube makes them and sells them through their primary distributor for tbird bits. I called about buying them directly and it was cheaper to go through spinning wheels (no shipping).
SpinningWheels-SC - Search

I've used them for 6 weekends worth of lemons races (more abuse than a DD) before noticing some discoloration on the plastic jacket on the front SS lines (they still worked but I made the first set "race spares' and just went ahead and ordered a second set to put on the car). $145 for all 4.
Due to my job and how i am doing this, getting everything together at once would be the best bet. Thanks for the reccomendation and i think i will be going with them. NJ has expensive labor rates at times.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.