6Likes
  • 2 Post By Dbird95
  • 1 Post By TwoHaggard
  • 2 Post By Trunk Monkey
  • 1 Post By Natesriv

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Got a bird again!

Got another MN12 bird again after about a decade without. (One of my favorite platforms for playing with) Sort of a DD but also available for tinkering and upgrades. Located in southern Arizona south of Tucson.
Woodman and CDsDontBurn like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 01:34 PM
5th Gear Poster

Garage
Can't tease us! Where's the pics?!
Woodman likes this.

P.i. intake,70mm tb, cai, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Intrax 2in lowering springs, KYB front and back shocks n sturts,
Taylor 8mm Plug Wires, True Dual Exhaust No Cats 2.25in pipe alltheway back Mid mounted dual in / dual out Jones Powerflow muffler then ran out back to 16x3 chrome tips 93Mark8 Driveshaft, 1.25Rear sway bar, 4:10s, TrackLok, Rear Diff Cover Brace, Sc Wheels 235/60s, Jmodd, Air Bags in Springs,Rear strut Bar,17in Mirror Blk CobraRs, Sc L Brackets, rear torsional load brace, kmember-frame brace, weightloss program
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 02:40 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
What year? What color? What shape? What plans???

... And welcome to TCCoA.
Woodman and CDsDontBurn like this.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 07:39 PM
4th Gear Poster

Garage
Ha, I read that as you hit another bird while driving...

I have to get used to that term!
CDsDontBurn likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 05:25 PM
PostWhore

Welcome to TCCoA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post
What year? What color? What shape? What plans???

... And welcome to TCCoA.
He's such as tease :p

'97 Bird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake & PI Cams | Suspension Rebuild

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness

'00 2dr v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Greddy SP2 CAT-Back | Eibach ProKit springs | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | KYB-GR2 struts
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 05:29 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Indeed.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Sorry for the lag, the job takes me off the grid sometimes.

New to me car is a 95 LX 4.6 in totally bone stock configuration. Color is that white tri-coat that I think Ford called "Opalescent" Back in the day. Interior is grey cloth with all the standard options. Car is in near pristine condition with 102,000 on the odometer. Picked it up off CL in the Phoenix area for $800 from a lady who said it ran like crap and had a check engine light. She had previously sold it to her grandson who stopped making payments when it started having problems and he didn't know how to fix it. He did have a pretty nice stereo installed though. A quick look under the hood revealed a 100% totally from the factory stock engine bay, including ORIGINAL plug wires. Stop by Autozone on the test drive revealed the predictable EGR related codes. Bought the car and $120 for new plugs, wires and incidentals, and 3 hours in the driveway and she runs like a dream!

First mods, probably starting this weekend, with be front and rear suspension rebuild. Will be a mix of new and used parts. Picked up a complete Mark VIII powertrain and upgraded suspension for $400 from a friend who owns a tow yard, provided I throw all the unused parts a Tbird take offs inside the body before he crushes it. Will not use the DOHC engine but the LCAs and aftermarket upgraded parts will supplement the new stuff I got. The aluminum diff, DL and TC will likely find their way on eventually, and I will also keep the trans for a build up and Jmod later to go with new gears and TL. Engine build will follow but likely not for awhile. I have been waiting for a really nice car to do a total build on and I think this is it.

Will try and post pics soon, maybe of the suspension teardown this weekend. I really like this Forum! Found it while researching new bushings for the Mark LCAs of all things.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Poster

Welcome to the forum !
Creighton

Just keeping the history on the road.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.