My Bird - Stage 1 - Page 3 - TCCoA Forums

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Garage
All those interiors! Back in the day when they were big, and comfy with nice real gauges... cool stuff!
Andy625UK likes this.
post #62 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesriv View Post
All those interiors! Back in the day when they were big, and comfy with nice real gauges... cool stuff!
... and no seatbelts and no air bags and no factory installed government tracking devices ....

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.
post #63 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 01:53 PM
Slightly Disjointed
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
The Charger and Cougar would have had seatbelts, separate shoulder and lap, just nobody wore them

-Matt
post #64 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Garage
yeah, they hung oddly in the roof area, suspended in holders....
I'm getting used to my motorized belts, boy that was a bad idea for SRS!
post #65 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Garage
"Chrome" tips

Not entirely sure it's chrome, I'm suspecting polished steel and it'll rust soon enough! I'll keep an eye on it. Eventually I'm getting Magnaflows put on...but for now...

post #66 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Garage
Done!

I'm finally done with the upgrades.....
  1. Fixed power seats...very easy, good learning experience
  2. Fixed auto lights... old parts... weird
  3. Personalized plates Nate's Bird (N8S-BRD)
  4. Fixed upper ball joints
  5. New tires
  6. New wheels
  7. Wrapped steering wheel in leather
  8. Dash cover to protect dash
  9. Floormats
  10. New stereo & speakers...really sounds good!
  11. Polished acid rain damage off body
  12. Polished acid rain damage off glass (Cerium Oxide)...that stuff works!
  13. Polished muffler tips
  14. Alignment
  15. New front rotors
  16. New rear shocks
  17. Polished 5.0 HO engine plaque
  18. Removed tape from front bumper, in my earlier pics it's all white. But whomever repainted it, didn't take the masking tape off. I like the black accent!

I've an OBD code 189, running lean. I'll clean the throttle body, MAF and put some fuel detergent in her...

Man I love these cars!!!

Andy625UK and Tbird Bob like this.
post #67 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 05:24 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

You pretty quick. It took me over a year to change brakes ,suspension and drive shaft
post #68 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 05:57 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

I'd run half a can of seafoam thru the intake, and put the rest in the tank.

The proper procedure for seafoaming is here somewhere; it helps a lot.

EDIT: I found it.

The Seafoam Thread
Natesriv likes this.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

I'm not Human enough to be human; but I'm trying to fit in, and I'm learning to fake it.

"Never said Hibbity..." - Brian Williams
post #69 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Slightly Disjointed
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesriv View Post
I'm finally done with the upgrades.....
Wait, that's possible???
Natesriv likes this.

-Matt
post #70 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Garage
Done....For now....😂
post #71 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog6 View Post
I'd run half a can of seafoam thru the intake, and put the rest in the tank.

The proper procedure for seafoaming is here somewhere; it helps a lot.

EDIT: I found it.

The Seafoam Thread

Sprayed MAF, sprayed Throttle Body (used brake part cleaner...all I had..). Idled rough then settled down. Went for a drive, floored it (in D, no OD), didn't hear any pinging. She seems to run fine... I'll check the codes again

Bought one of these... took a bit to find the damn port..they hide it well.
Tbird Bob likes this.
post #72 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Garage
A tiny bit of pinging last drive... I think I'll switch over to premium fuel and see how that does. Not sure the 93 likes ethanol that much... Besides that, drives fine.

Other areas I'm looking at:
Vacuum - my power breaks seem to have a little more effort than I'd think normal... I'm wondering if low vacuum or just age of the system
Front struts - it's a better ride, but still seems to pound over bumps and stuff in the front. Wonder if it's a more robust strut than OEM...
Need to aim the headlights.
post #73 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 06:00 PM
2nd Gear Poster

This is my third time posting this so as I'm just doing speech to text below is a pic of my 93 ithad only 43k on it and i got it for 1500 only. I was able to build it from one junkyard run in the junkyard I found an Explorer and take ignition coil rotor cap wires larger mass air flow sensor 24 pound injectors and then I put a Mustang aod Trans in it with a high stall converter at the junkyard I also found interior trim pieces that replaced the ugly wood grain with this cool grayish color wood grain i also chopped off the rear mufflers and it sounded great. Those simple cheap mods really woke the car up. The trans was simple too i never even touched one and did the remove and install all by my self and it took like 8 hours only. And the stang trans was simple to make work,just a lever change and a few sensors . also upgrade the tv trans cable busing,mine broke after my mods and fried my trans in 3 miles thats why i did anupgraded trans,you will want the metal bushing.I also have a set of super Coupe side skirts for sale if you like the look of them and I have a set of new style fuor pintle hole 19 pound fuel injectors over yours if you have the fat body ones if you want them or the side skirts just PM me I'll send you the fuel injectors for free if you want and it's just a nice cheap free upgrade and to say welcome to the mn12 madness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6090_zps17b5fab4.jpg (35.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6085_zps7f933e19.jpg (36.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg SANY0002_zpsbc0a8198.jpg (50.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6081_zpsbd924e03.jpg (31.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6074_zps77a8774f.jpg (40.0 KB, 31 views)
Natesriv likes this.

I WANT TO TRADE a 75mm throttlebody and exremly ported vic plenum and a set of 24lb injectors FOR a pi intake and alternator bracket and hopefully valleytube and nipple, pm me!!!

Last edited by 94badbird; 02-13-2017 at 06:13 PM.
post #74 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Garage
Yeah, I got the metal TV cable bushing too.. Mine's okay. Might be a little off, but she drives fine... I think I lucked out.

Nice interior! Nice seats.

You put the Explorer intake plenum and throttle body on? Did you take the upper intake manifold too? Hood clearance issues?
post #75 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Garage
Got the car cover in today. Vacuum packed TIGHT! She'll be sitting for days at time as I drive my Sonic or her to work... Best to cover her up and not let birds shit on her...or tree sap... Good cover, waterproof, several layers. Quality stuff.

Sorry about the crappy quality, dusk pictures and I didn't hold still long enough....

post #76 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 07:48 PM
2nd Gear Poster

I had to use a hammer and notch the hood brace a little but the hood liner hid it..
And i used an explorer upper and lower intake and the stock tbird throttlebody, i did have to buy an intake elbow but it was like 30 bucks only.
The intetmrior on the car was like brand new,i bought tge car from a dealership so it was detailed befor i got it..they wanted 2700 or so and i talked the car down and about it being old blablabla and put down 1500 and the chic was ok with it. I drove home smiling the whole way. It also took me 6 months to find a clean rust free 5.0 mn12, i lucked out and got one with sych low miles and it was only 2 hours from me. The 5.0 mn12s imo are solid but im not a big fan of a 5.0 paired with an aod trans.id have loved it if it were boosted or a cobra eng and manual though.

I WANT TO TRADE a 75mm throttlebody and exremly ported vic plenum and a set of 24lb injectors FOR a pi intake and alternator bracket and hopefully valleytube and nipple, pm me!!!
post #77 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Garage
Good deal!

Yeah I got a grand off mine too... I was surprised they accepted my offer!

The AOD in mine is fine, but it's not a fast car by any means. It's smooth power, and with the torque, she'll hold speed on any incline. I wouldn't mind freeing up maybe 40 more HP.

My Brother-In-Law did say to get an explorer intake as that's the same as the Cobra... There seems to be lots on eBay too... But I don't want to change my hood, I like the smoothness of it..

For now, I'll keep her stock. Make sure she's running good and just enjoy it! These cars (and the Cougars too) are rare!!! People are always looking at nice oldies like ours!
post #78 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:17 AM
2nd Gear Poster

You can keep the stock hood, you barely have to put a dent in the brace..and any junkyard has explorers in tgem..id get the upper n lower intake for 40 bucks..i used to pull them and other parts,rebuild the injectors and paint the intake and sell the sets for like 300..id even include gasket sets..
With the explorer mod,injectors and mafs i ranit without a tune and no cel and it ran wayyy more smooth than stock.it was steady power, ot really helped the 0 to 60 and highway passing power.
The free injectors i will give you will give better mileage and fuel atomization. The spray pattern is much finer and since yours and these are 19lb injectors theres no need for a tune.it takes but 15min to install them also..
Also your hose reel in the pic with the car cover, the reel looks just like a cougar sport rim...

Last edited by 94badbird; 02-14-2017 at 09:22 AM.
post #79 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Garage
Ha, I had that water line specifically put there when we bought the house, I knew I'd be washing cars OFTEN with those oak trees!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.