CCRM interchange part #'s - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

CCRM interchange part #'s

I am possibly going to need a CCRM for my 97 Thunderbird 3.8L. the one it currently has is marked f6sf-12B581-aa and is labeled differently than the others I find on eBay.. Will any year appropriate module work? If not are there any that are compatible? Aside from the delay in the car shutting off.. the engine fan has been jury rigged since I got the car, with the low side only of the fan wired to ignition power.. I've since found what I'm guessing is a temperature sensor plug that was tucked into the wiring loom,(probably when the engine was swapped) and put it back on the stud on the intake where it seemed to go. The car's been running hot in traffic and at low speeds the temp climbs sometimes, so I'm going to attempt splicing the fan wires back together to see if it will work, but I really have no guarantee at this point and would like to know where I can find a suitable replacement module if needed, and what ones I can use. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

From what I can tell from the way it's labeled vs other units.. the one on my car is a replacement module.. all I really need to know is what part#' are compatible with a 97 Thunderbird 3.8/auto. 650 mile road trip coming up so I'd like to have a fully functional engine fan by then.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 08:30 AM
PostWhore

Garage
There are two Motorcraft units listed under the ignition control module on RockAuto.
This one More Information for MOTORCRAFT DY1077 is $58, while this one More Information for MOTORCRAFT DY689 is $150.

Depending on which one you're looking to replace, I'd go Motorcraft personally.

97 Thunderbird LX (The GT Bird)
PI Swapped NPI motor with some port work on the heads, PI cams, 80mm MAF, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Thank you but I'm looking for constant control relay module #'s. '97 doesn't use a separate ignition module that I know of. This is the little unit mounted Infront of the air filter box under the hood
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 09:25 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshiner180 View Post
Thank you but I'm looking for constant control relay module #'s. '97 doesn't use a separate ignition module that I know of. This is the little unit mounted Infront of the air filter box under the hood
I'm not familiar with the V6, I'll see what else I can dig up. I know when I go to rock auto, the CCRM doesn't bring up anything in the search.

97 Thunderbird LX (The GT Bird)
PI Swapped NPI motor with some port work on the heads, PI cams, 80mm MAF, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 09:29 PM
Slightly Disjointed
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
It's also called IRCM

-Matt
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

From what I understand it controls most of the car's vital functions, pcm power, fuel pump, cooling fan, etc.. I also have figured out from pictures that the one on the car is a replacement module and that's why the labels don't match anything I'm finding, as the labels are different.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

I ordered a used Wells 20253 replacement module for $35 off eBay, it looks new, and if it doesn't work I'll send it back.

I did wire the fan back correctly, and it does kick on sometimes but not reliably to keep temps down in traffic.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 07:34 AM
4th Gear Poster

You may find this thread useful. From the schematic, I can't see why the 3.8L would need to differ from the 4.6L. Using the same bay harness would save Ford money, after all.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Thanks! Definitely helpful and cool to see the pics.. If I had more time and better soldering tools I would crack it open and see if I could repair it, but I drive this car every day.

There's another thread discussing them that mentioned different years using different modules and them not interchanging so I just wasn't sure. The particular model # on the unit currently on the car doesn't match anything I could find, but the labeling style looks like the 4 seasons replacement and not the OEM.

I decided to go for the Wells unit mainly because even a tested working OEM is still 20 years old and could fail at any time, and the one I found was cheap enough to warrant giving it a go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.