Decision time - Page 10 - TCCoA Forums

136Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #271 of 272 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:06 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
I'll get a wideband at some point, not sure if my Torque pro has it or not, I'll have to look into that.
I think the point I missed is that the Dyno tuner is going to get Very Close to perfect for your car; a "By Mail" tune is going to be an average, and nowhere near as close to 'perfect', and designed not to grenade your car under worst case conditions.

Not to say the Dyno tune is perfect, but you can Significantly adjust timing if you have wideband data and a dyno... with much Less Danger.
Woodman likes this.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

I'm not Human enough to be human; but I'm trying to fit in, and I'm learning to fake it.

"Never said Hibbity..." - Brian Williams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 272 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog6 View Post
I think the point I missed is that the Dyno tuner is going to get Very Close to perfect for your car; a "By Mail" tune is going to be an average, and nowhere near as close to 'perfect', and designed not to grenade your car under worst case conditions.

Not to say the Dyno tune is perfect, but you can Significantly adjust timing if you have wideband data and a dyno... with much Less Danger.
Oh I fully realize I'm leaving things on the table, but I'm hoping that the tune gets me most of the way there, then when I can afford a dyno tune, get the car scheduled up and take it in and leave with more power.
CDsDontBurn likes this.

97 Thunderbird LX (The GT Bird)
PI Swapped NPI motor with some port work on the heads, PI cams, 80mm MAF, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.