Who is left ??? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Custom User Title

Garage
Who is left ???

Nor-Cal / So-Cal .. seems like these days I dont know anybody who has a Bird/Cougar in this area. Everybody I know has sold them and moved on. SCCOA seems like nothing has been happening for a while, and the Norcalsvtoa website is just dead. Doesnt seem like there are as many events as there used to be anymore.

Whose still around with a car that actually runs ???

- Dan
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 12:50 AM
4th Gear Poster

Garage
Right now I am still waiting on my SC to be fixed up. My 89 still runs, I put a lot of effort and money to fix it up and make it look decent but its just too expensive and not worth it. But atleast it still runs and thanks for your help. I think my SC should be done soon.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Custom User Title

Garage
What is going on with your SC ?? ( Other than it running too hot apparently )

Were you still planning on taking it down here for some work at the end of this year like you asked me about in January ?? LOL

Ive been debating what to do with my 94 SC still - It really only needs a few minor things ( something is up with the clutch pedal / bracket / master cylinder alignment ) .. fix the door panels and hinges. Then the cosmetic stuff. Other than that the engine runs great - I just dont have a need for the extra car and nobody wants to give me what its "worth" .. there is no way im selling a car with a $500 BHJ balancer on a completely rebuilt engine for $1000 because it has a Salvage title. But then the police keep harassing me for parking it in the street. People are crazy.

- Dan
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 01:48 AM
4th Gear Poster

Garage
My SC needs drivers side UCA to be replaced l, power steering pump was bad, water pump had a small leak. Spark plugs, wires, radiator and fan are getting replaced with new ones. I just installed new brakes in the front and back so I need to leave them on until I use them up. If you have any spare 93+ spindles can I pick those up with new caplipers installed, so I can have them installed when i need them. The T-bird's I saw at your place where nice. I don't know which ones are gone becides the ANNY you used to have. I wish I would have bought that one off you instead of spending too much on my 89. I wouldn't mind buying your cars, I need a auto but all your cars are manual. I don't think you should sell it too cheap just cause 94/95 manual are extremely rare. I thought they would have stopped worring about parking your car aventually. I can't wait to get my SC back its fun to drive, its the fastest car I ever had.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Lightly Seasoned

Garage
Me and my Bird are alive and well here in So Cal
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Custom User Title

Garage
That drivers side uca is a pain to get to with the early style abs. Yeah im sure i have spare 93 spindles, i would replace the hub / bearings while youre at it also. I sold that 90 anny, that is all. If you want to ride in a something fast, my super sport blows the sc out of the water, its just more fun to drive manul sometimes.

- Dan
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Dan:
I just noticed that you had changed your handle
I'm still here as well; I still have your gastank so just let me know if you need it back. It turns out that my initial plan to add multiple pickups won't work as easily as anticipated (since the fuel pump goes in at an angle so I moved onto another project I can work on at night more quietly after my kid goes to bed.) Cutting metal fuel line is a bit loud.

Most recently, I de-scuzzified my dash panel with all of it's gauges and switches (oil temp, coolant temp, oil pressure, voltage at battery, voltage at alternator, coolant pressure, oil pressure). This wasn't a big deal when I only had one gauge but with so many gauges it was starting to look like spaghetti back there. Everything is now tied up into a loom and there are connectors so the panel is easily removable.

While I was at it, I went through and labeled every single non-stock wire I have in my car. This made me track down why exactly I had ????? wire going into the harness on the passenger side (aka all the stuff I had to track down a few years ago when I dropped the 302V8 into the 95 chassis).

It almost looks like an intentional racecar now.

Finally, I finished my cellular based comm system and tore out the old digital spread spectrum FRS setup. I realized that all you need as a driver is to tell the pits that you are coming in (no chatter is needed) and all the pits need to do is tell the drive to come in or let him know that we received his pit msg.

I was planning to add temp monitoring functionality to the arduino SMS system (so you could text "temp" and get the current temps) but my new temp gauges use these fancy RTD PT100 temp sensors which I cannot piggyback on without interfering with the onboard temp gauge. The solution is to add another temp sensor and wiring or just leave that functionality out.

My next project (if I continue to ignore the fuel pickup problem) will be to add a SECOND arduino to do datalogging of oil pressure vs accelerometer (so I can see if I'm still getting oil pressure drops on right hand sweepers even after installing the accusump) OR finish wiring in the Intel compute stick so I can do onboard datalogging from the Quarterhorse module on the ECU (that requires windows).

This car is getting a silly amount of embedded processing for its age.
I hope you and the fam are doing well.
-g

My TCCOA iTrader Rating: (44 / 100% w/ 50+ transactions)
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 03:49 PM
6th Gear Poster

I'm still around and still wrenching on all my cars. Not really on this site much anymore.

'97 Lincoln Mark Viii LSC - Stock
'93 Ford Thunderbird - Splitport & M5r2
'64 Chevrolet Impala SS - Stock
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Custom User Title

Garage
Mike -
Hows everything going down there in So-Cal ?? I know you guys have the occasional car show. Nothing happening up here. One of these days I might be down for a drive. None of this half way meeting stuff, there isnt much going on in between here and there but if a group is getting together down there I may be down one of these days ..

Gunn -
Yeah well I had trouble getting into my other account after the password change issue - No way to get ahold of admins and no clue what email address I used to set it up 10 years ago. No hurry on the gas tank, the SC is parked for now and I have no plans on starting work on it anytime soon.

Baybird -
Long time no talk. yeah it has been quite a while, im surprised you caught up on this thread. Any progress with your bird ?? Other than selling all of your nice parts over the last few years.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 12:19 AM
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dDUBb View Post
Baybird -
Long time no talk. yeah it has been quite a while, im surprised you caught up on this thread. Any progress with your bird ?? Other than selling all of your nice parts over the last few years.
Well since I'm driving the Mark everyday the bird sits most of the time. I do want to make the fuel lines safer and replace a few coolant hoses to make it more reliable.

I plan on working on the Mark soon, maybe some aftermarket mufflers and the j-mod? I don't plan on spending to much money on this car, it's just a reliable beater for now. I also want to rebuild my impala's suspension and convert to disc brakes up front but that's a whole other project.

'97 Lincoln Mark Viii LSC - Stock
'93 Ford Thunderbird - Splitport & M5r2
'64 Chevrolet Impala SS - Stock
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 01:44 PM
5th Gear Poster

Garage
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 11:37 AM
1st Gear Poster

Norcal here. Central Valley to be more specific. My 94 is my daily.

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 4.6 Thunderbird Registry #47000 279,000 miles
2000 Ford Excursion V10 4X4 A.K.A. "The Beast"
1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 4.6 Pearl white 100k
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 10:11 PM
5th Gear Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltafire View Post
Norcal here. Central Valley to be more specific. My 94 is my daily.
Hey I lived up there for a while.

There are some good roads around the Altamont pass.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 11:29 AM

Garage
Down here at the Salton Sea, I have 2 birds still running. A '92 5.0 and a '97 4.6..my daily driver.
I keep both in good condition (needs paint, it's hot here) because there's nothing here in the desert. I have to use Amazon to get parts, but that's OK.

How can you be in two places at once, when your not anywhere at all....Firesign Theater

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.