TCCoA Forums banner

How's everyone doing?

854 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Warlockguitarman 
#1 ·
I see it's been awhile since someone posted so I'll start a new one.

So.... Is anyone ready for the COLD weather yet? yeah..... Me neither. This year has flown by!!

Well, I finally got to tune my SC from Blankenship tuning & performance in Crestwood. Went down to Automotion to do the dyno tune, and will it was not all that good of a jump on the RWHP. #1, it was tuned on a Mustang Dyno... more of a loaded Dyno. On a DynoJet you usually net somewhere around 20 RWHP more. I ended up with 240 RWHP, so I'm going to Dyno it at Clemens Performance over off Grantline Rd. soon just to actually see the difference between the Two Dyno's.

#2, The reason for the low RWHP was due to the Factory InterCooler, airflow would climb and just drop right off at around 4500RPM. The guy who did my tune told me if I got a better flowing Intercooler I should see another 20 horses easy. So I bought an InterCooler off EBAY and the pipes & hoses. Not installed yet, but probably will have Automotion do my pipe routing/welding. So I'll probably wait on the DynoJet until I have the new InterCooler installed. He also mentioned about methyol injection to COOL the air going to the enginewould HELP as well.

Sooooo, I'm Close to the 300 mark but a little more to go. Keep in mind nothing is done to the engine/heads, so a little work to those, I should reach my goal.:D

Jeff B.

See less See more
#2 ·
cool, its good to hear that your bird is runin good, mine is till doin allright, i think i need another altenator because its making a rattle noise at like 5500 to 6000 rpms, and i will be at the 300 rwhp mark this spring hopfully with a new tune and one of the new intakes maybe the typhoon, ill wait till more testing is done on the different few choices

#3 ·
Well, Im stock. But, got the car fixed after the flood (see my cardomain in my sig). I have been stuck driving my dad 93 Stang Conv that has a 4 cyl in it, which really makes me miss my bird. Ill be getting it back tomorrow, then will be replacing the uca with Mike Maddox (95 5speed). But all in all, doing good, will be graduating May (finally) and then hoping to get a job back in the 'boro and start paying off school debt. Maybe in a year I will be able to put some money into a MN-12.

#4 ·
well mhad altenator rebuilt and noise is still there, i guess im gonna have an oil psi test done to heads soon to make sure they are good, i dont like the noise but it still pulls hard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.