5.0L Engine Exploded View

22K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  ClintD 
#1 · (Edited)

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice picture. Thank you Rick.

#3 ·
*image link deleted for brevity*
You know, if you'd quit running them on nitroglycerin with C4 padding, you'd not have so many exploded engines! :diablo:

Seriously, thanks.

RwP

#5 ·
I thought those "cracks that like to grow" occurred around the camshaft in these engines?

#9 ·
Same thing with the 4.6L engines. The intake points the other direction - interesting!
One would think consistency would make this simpler, cheaper to build, fix, and modify. There must have been some reason for it.

I can understand the pulley and cooling intake / exhaust positions due to unibody structures. Can't quite figure out the intake righty / lefty variation logic.

#10 ·
One would think consistency would make this simpler, cheaper to build, fix, and modify. There must have been some reason for it.

I can understand the pulley and cooling intake / exhaust positions due to unibody structures. Can't quite figure out the intake righty / lefty variation logic.
The intake isn't redesigned, its just bolted on the other way.
you can flipe them without a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.