97 Bird With AED S/C Vaccum Line Questions - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

97 Bird With AED S/C Vaccum Line Questions

Ok, so I bought the car used with the AED kit on it already. I have bought everything I need to tune it and get it running how it should be. However, I have an issue with a bunch of my vaccum lines. There are a couple of them just going to no where and I have no idea where they go to. One of them comes from the EGR valve and one comes off the supercharger itself and splits into two different line and one of the lines is just hanging there. I tried looking up to see where they go but all I could find was a picture for the Crown Vic which isn't any help. The car runs normalish except it idles high and coasting it revs up and down on its own. Also I would like to change the oil that's in the S/C but how do I and what oil do I use for it? Thanks for any help guys.

97 TBird Allen S/C 4.6
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

This might help get you started at least. For the oil, there is a small black torx screw up front next to the snout. If you remove that, you can suck the old oil out with a hand operated vacuum pump (some people say you can use a turkey baster, but I had no luck with it).

You can get the fluid at most GM dealerships the last time I checked or online. I use BP Turbine oil in mine just becuase its cheaper, but you have to buy a whole quart of it. More info here:
sc fluid?

1989 Cougar XR7 - 13.21 @ 102.29 -SOLD-
1993 Thunderbird SC -Awaiting Suspension-
1994 Mark VIII - 14.85 @ 93.95 -SOLD-
1996 Thunderbird Sport 15.57 @ 89.42 -Retired @ 258k-
1997 Thunderbird LX AED -SOLD-
1997 Thunderbird Sport 15.71 @ 86.89 -SOLD-
1997 Mark VIII LSC 12.97 @ 112.15 -SOLD-
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

So........I have a problem. The vaccum lines that go to the fuel regulator I accidentally pulled the one that goes to the underside of the of intake off because I'm an idiot. So does anyone know of an easy way to get it back on lol I have been trying for hours and cant get it back on.

97 TBird Allen S/C 4.6
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 04:26 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

That is going to be tough... maybe, just maybe, with a good light and a small mirror on a stick and a long pair of pliers you can work it through the side of the intake runner; will need to remove the FMU and cooler tank at a minimum. If that doesn't work, the whole thing has to come off.

1989 Cougar XR7 - 13.21 @ 102.29 -SOLD-
1993 Thunderbird SC -Awaiting Suspension-
1994 Mark VIII - 14.85 @ 93.95 -SOLD-
1996 Thunderbird Sport 15.57 @ 89.42 -Retired @ 258k-
1997 Thunderbird LX AED -SOLD-
1997 Thunderbird Sport 15.71 @ 86.89 -SOLD-
1997 Mark VIII LSC 12.97 @ 112.15 -SOLD-
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

I'm going to just restart this thread instead of creating a new one. I got all vacuum lines figured out. However, now I have an entirely different issue. lol I got a tune from Lasota and I removed the FMU today loaded the tune now when I go to start it, it will idle high quick and when the rpm's come back down to normal it just dies. What do I do with the vacuum lines from the fmu there t'd off right now? Am I being dumb and missing something simple? Only thing I thought of was it could be the battery because it sat all winter and had to be on a jumper to just load the tune. Am I suppose to put the stock FPR back on? lol there really isn't all that much I could find on this anywhere....

97 TBird Allen S/C 4.6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.