Running AC with Vortech - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Running AC with Vortech

Is it possible to run the AC with a Vortech. How much modification to the lines is needed? I know in the Mustang you have to bend the high pressure AC lines butnwhat's the deal for the Thunderbirds? 96+ 4.6 specifically?

Also how many of you are running AC with a Vortech? I'll be installing one soon so I'd love to know what to watch out for and what not to do.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 06:20 AM
Baby Huey

I run mine every day on the Vortech car, the bending of the line is just what it looks like in the instructions and isnt very difficult. Test fit the blower while doing this to make sure you have enough clearance. The only thing I had to do other than the ac line bending was using two .060in thick washers behind the vortech bracket to go in place of where the ac line would bolt to the head in a mustang.

If you need any specific pics just let me know and i'll be glad to send them.

Jim

1995 Thunderbird LX: Vortech S-Trim(12psi), Forged PI 4.6, T-45, SCT Tune, Eibach Pro-kit, Magnaflow DI/DO Exhaust, 3.73 TL, and 17" Cobras

1995 Thunderbird SC: Bone Stock
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaster259 View Post
I run mine every day on the Vortech car, the bending of the line is just what it looks like in the instructions and isnt very difficult. Test fit the blower while doing this to make sure you have enough clearance. The only thing I had to do other than the ac line bending was using two .060in thick washers behind the vortech bracket to go in place of where the ac line would bolt to the head in a mustang.

If you need any specific pics just let me know and i'll be glad to send them.
Thanks for the reply, man. I'd love up close pics of how you have yours setup, especially the washer thing you're talking about. It's also a relief knowing I'll be able to keep AC since I just recently got it fixed up.

Also pictures of how the coil bracket assembly mounts would be appreciated, I'm planning on making my own instead if shelling 60 bucks for it. Seems like a simple enough piece.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

I was trying to mock the SC bracket and the AC line from the compressor (black thick one) that makes a U bend seems in the way and hard to bend. How did you go about this?

Other people chime in too, please.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.