TCCoA Forums banner

Mystery piece ?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  moonshiner180 
#1 ·
Okay, I'm new to working on automatic transmissions. I am in the midst of changing out the EPC solenoid. When I dumped the pan and removed it, this small plastic plug with an o-ring and a small shaft on one end was laying in the drain pan. What is this for and where does it go? I ran out of daylight and will be continuing working on it tomorrow, so if someone has an answer before then that would be awesome!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
They're the ear plugs they used in the factories. Transmission assembly was the loudest part so its really common for them to have fallen out and dropped in the pan. It's actually just a plug they used for the trans before installation. It doesn't have to go back in anywhere, just lose it.

#4 · (Edited)
I found one of those once. I might take it as a sign that the pan has never been dropped though...

Reactions: Woodman
#5 ·
I keep them when I find them; they also fit from the outside, to keep residual fluid from leaking out the dip stick hole.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.