Not MN-12 but rare Ford must see... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Not MN-12 but rare Ford must see...

So this isnt a MN-12 or a car for that matter but if you love Ford and like to see rare one of a kind crazy things FOMOCO has done check this out.....
http://f-100xl.info/

Jason H.
Mods:
Exterior- Paint, grill, trim, SHO wheels
Power train- 4.6 cat back w/ muffler delete 2"I.D. tips , Taylor Pro Series plug wires, intake silencer delete

Photographs http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/jh...?sort=4&page=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 06:07 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Cool find.

I wonder what's happend to it since 2005. It doesn't look like the article has been updated since then.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post
Cool find.

I wonder what's happend to it since 2005. It doesn't look like the article has been updated since then.
Not sure. I would like to know . I figure I would use this post for things like this as in rare finds and strange vehicles ,one offs ect....
like the '89 SHO Down Ranger GT
Click the link and scroll down to the 5th post in the forum
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...ad.php?t=96145

Jason H.
Mods:
Power train- 4.6 cat back w/ muffler delete 2"I.D. tips , Taylor Pro Series plug wires, intake silencer delete

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Seasoned Geek

Cool Ranger One of these days in the future my Ranger is going to have a 4 or V6 EcoBoost
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

I wish they would have put the '03 Ranger Lighting Bolt in to production.

Jason H.
Mods:

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post
Cool find.

I hope they have made some progress!

I like the yamaha engine in the Ranger Those SHOs are so fun to drive. I can only imagine how much fun that Ranger is!

-Rob
RIP '94 Amber Fire Pearl Metallic Thunderbird on Bullitts 14.56@90.54MPH
96 Sport '02 Explorer PI with ported heads, 90MM LMAF, DirtyDog Marauder TC, Inject tech chip, Jmod, Magnaflow mid-mount with Tru-X core, no cats. Urethane drivers motor mount. HIDs!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Been Around

I just read an article about this truck in the September issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine.
The truck is still owned by the owner listed in the email . It states that he now displays the truck in unrestored, as-raced condition.

PBR calibers<>Sport fronts and Cobra Vert Rears
PI Intake<> PI Cams<> Addco 1.25 Rear Bar<>Eibach
DynoMax Catback<>Drilled Rotors<> SCP STB
Summit Racing Underdrive Pulleys<> HD Radio<> 3.73 TL
Tuned by Don@Lasota Racing<> Marauder TC
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOldBird View Post
I just read an article about this truck in the September issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine.
The truck is still owned by the owner listed in the email . It states that he now displays the truck in unrestored, as-raced condition.
That's cool.

Jason H.
Mods:

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 10:28 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiland32 View Post
Not sure. I would like to know . I figure I would use this post for things like this as in rare finds and strange vehicles ,one offs ect....
like the '89 SHO Down Ranger GT
Click the link and scroll down to the 5th post in the forum
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...ad.php?t=96145
There is one of these in the local yard near me. It isn't the SHO version but a GT with just a wimpy 2.8 but all the ground effects are intact!

'91 Sport 5.0 HO - AOD - JBL Premium Sound w/ Kenwood eXcelon deck - Black Leather LX interior w/ Lux Light
- 17" Sport Edition Wheels wrapped in Michelin 225/50's - Custom Flowmaster exhaust - GT40 heads - Electric Fan - '92 Sport Bumper

Planned Mod's
-Cobra intake (upper/lower) / SC MAF/30#inj / Dual Exhaust/headers
-'99 CV/PI 4" Aluminum DS / MK8 Disc Rear/HS/LCA/11.5" Front Disc
-M5R2 5-Speed / 3.27 LS Diff / SC F/R seats
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 12:04 AM
4th Gear Poster

Amazing what kind of cars ends up in junkyards, and to think if these people were car smart they would at least try to offer to sell it to someone who might want to try to put it back on the road, guess to some people it's still just a car or in this case just a truck.

What a shame...

97 Thunderbird LX 4.6 sohc, 60,000 original miles and lots of room for improvement.... All show and no go for now...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 01:21 AM
PostWhore

Smile 427 Cammer

38 large.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ford-Alu...-/380282550288

65k for an original.

http://www.dragzine.com/news/origina...bay-for-65000/

These are extremely rare. Even way, way more rare than the elephant. But such a truck with prominence, and an engine such as this could be a sound collectible. Without it the truck isn't really worth much.

But hay, I don't know about anybody else... Money doesn't always drive my passion. (Dippin' below the teens does.)

The truck is definitely a prize even as a rolling chassis. I hope someone does/has properly install the definitive opitome of Ford's line of FE (Ford/Edsel) engines.

So, ah, does the fourth one from the left turn cw, or ccw? ...lol. (Don't forget the chain!)

The sprocket in the middle drives an idler shaft where an in block cam would be. Drives the distributor, and oil pump shaft. Notice too. the way the block extends way below the (steel) crankshaft center line. This is to combat crank web cracking under hard launches. (Known as a "Y" block.) Big block Mopars do too, but not that far, lol... Factory roller rockers, and Sodium filled exhaust valve stems. (Make that canted valves.) Pretty kool stuff...Think I could shoe horn one into my '95? ha, ha...

Last edited by rushtonracing; 09-20-2013 at 02:37 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.