LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
20 Years of SVT 1993 - 2013

20 Years of SVT
Carlisle Ford Nationals to Host 20th Anniversary Display

From 1993 to 2013, Ford Motor Company put out some very special high performance vehicles known as SVT’s. There were multiple models of SVT Mustangs, two generations of the Lightning, the SVT Focus and SVT Contour, the SVT Raptor, the Ford GT and in recent years, the Shelby Mustang. This display will be a must-see and a real look at Ford’s performance vehicle division. Expect multiple SVT engineers in attendance and be ready to meet and greet the owners of the vehicles they helped bring on to the market.

Marcie Cipriani and The SVT Owners Association will be heading up this display and will be located just outside the SVT Display in Building Y. Stop by and join them during the event.

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Slightly Disjointed
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
SVT died in 2004 with the last Cobra. It's just been letters on centercaps ever since...

-Matt

Last edited by XR7-4.6; 02-06-2013 at 11:17 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 06:10 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR7-4.6 View Post
SVT died in 2004 with the last Cobra. It's just been letters on centercaps ever since...
Yep

Jason H.
Mods:
Exterior- Paint, grill, trim, SHO wheels
Power train- 4.6 cat back w/ muffler delete 2"I.D. tips , Taylor Pro Series plug wires, intake silencer delete

Photographs http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/jh...?sort=4&page=1
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 PM
shaken, not stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR7-4.6 View Post
X2, couldn't agree with you more

Clint

'97 Laser Red T-bird w/ Option 66S - 125,000 miles, stock except for 3.73s Best ET 15.6 @ 88.3
'94 Electric Red T-bird LX V-8- 212,000 miles- SOLD
2005 Ebony Black Excursion Limited 6.0 Diesel STUDDED

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

http://www.tailofthedragon.com <---- A test of driving ability and nerves.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 10:37 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Black_Cat
SVT really needs to get out of neutral and build us another BA car simliar to an 03 cobra again. I mean really...what has Ford made that has really been a "wow" factor since the 03's?

I drive an endangered species...they are being crushed at an alarming rate. Please do your part to preserve the Cougar species, and ensure they live on into the future.

1995 Mercury Cougar XR-7 4.6L 2V 5 Speed
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Collector's Edition Car#94
2009 BMW 535i M Sport Package
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Well, I think the 2014-1/2 (2015) 50th Anniversary Mustang redesign with IRS is going to "wow". I'm very excited about seeing the new car when released.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 12:47 PM
MAMN12 Posse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Cat View Post
SVT really needs to get out of neutral and build us another BA car simliar to an 03 cobra again. I mean really...what has Ford made that has really been a "wow" factor since the 03's?
Umm...the '13 GT500 comes to mind?

~Jeff

1995 Thunderbird SC - 5-speed - Stock/rebuild for now
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6L SOHC - N/A - 12.79@104.1mph *sold*
2014 F150 FX4 - 3.5TT Daily toy
2016 Fusion Titanium - 2.0T/AWD

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Slightly Disjointed
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
Meh, I don't care if the GT500 had 1000 horsepower, I still think the 03/04 Cobra was a better package. Massive leap from its predecessor, massive leap from lesser models and what a great ass.

The S197s may be a very capable platform but had there been a real SVT to actually differentiate the "Shelby" from the GT, past the engine and ugly stripes, it would be even more impressive. As it's been since 2007, it's effectively a GT with even more retro garbage and more power. All the 13' has over the 07' is the Boss 302 interior, an aluminum block(which should have been there in the first place) and a blackout taillight panel (in a feeble effort to hide the HIDEOUSNESS of the 2010+ ghetto booty). Most of the "tech" in that car isn't that new, it's not like the Coyote. It just has more cubes and more boost. And where's that boost going? Through the same basic heads designed for the Y2K Cobra R 13 years ago and a chassis that just can't take full advantage of it.

I'm with TM, the next Mustang sounds much more exciting. This whole retro debacle has pretty much funhouse mirrored the Mustang II generation.

-Matt
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 02:39 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post
Well, I think the 2014-1/2 (2015) 50th Anniversary Mustang redesign with IRS is going to "wow". I'm very excited about seeing the new car when released.
As am I. It should be shorter, lighter, have IRS, and more power. Sounds awesome to me.

I love my V8, but I'd love it more if all 8 cylinders worked. (they do now)

My T-bird is like George Jetson's wife, you try to give her a little money, she takes the whole wallet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.