2Likes
  • 1 Post By XR7-4.6
  • 1 Post By Trunk Monkey

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Hybrid Mustang & F150's confirmed! Coming in 2020?

Look out Tesla!

A hybrid F-150 and Mustang have been rumored for a while now, but Ford has officially confirmed the two vehicles are in the pipeline.

Ford confirmed that it plans to release 13 global electric and hybrid vehicles in the next five years including a hybrid F-150 pickup truck, a hybrid Mustang, and a plug-in Transit van. Ford also confirmed that a mystery fully electric small SUV with 300 miles of range is coming by 2020 to be sold in North America, Europe, and Asia, along with two new electrified police cars.

The hybrid Mustang will be only available in North America at first and will debut in 2020. The hybrid F-150 will also be available in 2020 in North America and the Middle East and will be able to be used as a mobile power generator.

Another EV Ford plans on producing in the near future is a high-volume, hybrid autonomous car built for ride sharing or a ride-hailing service that will debut in 2021.

Interestingly, Ford announced that it is canceling plans to build a $1.6-billion plant in Mexico and will instead invest $700-million into upgrading the Flat Rock, Michigan, plant. The plant upgrades will add about 700 jobs and focus on manufacturing electrified and autonomous cars. Ford is making a huge investment into electrified cars and will spend nearly $4.5-billion in the field by 2020.

Ford Confirms Hybrid F-150 and Mustang On the Way » AutoGuide.com News

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:36 PM
Slightly Disjointed
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
Tesla is 100% electric, I don't think they're afraid of Ford coming out with technology Toyota mastered almost 20 years ago to greater success. This is 100% because of CAFE compliance, nothing to be excited about.

-Matt
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Super Moderator

Garage
True. I threw the Tesla line in there as an afterthought.

Honestly, I wish I'd have picked up some more Tesla stock when it was down around 180. Because Daym it's been on a helluva run. This whole market is just unbelievable. I keep waiting for the party to end and the bubble to pop but it just keeps going higher.

I do believe that the clock is still ticking on this market time bomb. It's not a matter of if but when the party ends.

Anyway. Yea, CAFE is the reason. It'll be interesting to see how these vehicles turn out.

Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
The F150 will probably sell, just for people looking to use it as a generator, but much like the hybrid chevy trucks from a few years back, the gas mileage impact will likely be minimal. As for a hybrid Mustang, I think that will be a complete bomb. People buy V8 Mustangs for performance, and V6 Mustangs for the image. Nobody looking for max gas mileage is looking at the Mustang, and none of the typical Mustang buyers would be interested in a hybrid version.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90SC 5-speed, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, soon to be transplanted into...
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-70 Torino GT Fastback project car. Needs EFI and a manual trans, but I'm not sure what motor to go with yet.
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Super Moderator

Garage
What's interesting about the proposed Mustang is the potential for Tesla like performance.

Just check this guy's channel out. Apparently, he's even local to me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOp...9IDJ8IuNZzz2iQ

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:04 PM
Slightly Disjointed
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
potential for Tesla like performance
Well I guess the Mustang's brief foray at being competent at more than straight line performance is coming to a close
Grog6 likes this.

-Matt
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Super Moderator

Garage
That's funny.
Grog6 likes this.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 06:14 PM
PostWhore

For me, this would have to be one of those, "look and see" things. The v8 in it might even be that new 4.8L v8 that was posted in an article somewhere on here not too long ago in order to grant extra space needed for the additional components?

Of course, that 4.8L v8 part is just me reaching out on ideas.

'97 Bird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake & PI Cams | Suspension Rebuild

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness

'00 2dr v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Greddy SP2 CAT-Back | Eibach ProKit springs | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | KYB-GR2 struts
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 06:26 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to driller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post
What's interesting about the proposed Mustang is the potential for Tesla like performance.

Just check this guy's channel out. Apparently, he's even local to me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOp...9IDJ8IuNZzz2iQ
That's the Tesla I raced at the SSHS16 event.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Slightly Disjointed
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsDontBurn View Post
For me, this would have to be one of those, "look and see" things. The v8 in it might even be that new 4.8L v8 that was posted in an article somewhere on here not too long ago in order to grant extra space needed for the additional components?

Of course, that 4.8L v8 part is just me reaching out on ideas.
I doubt the 4.8 will be any smaller than the 5.0 physically, my bet is it's basically going to be a 5.0 with a 4.6 stroke, with the benefits of DI making up for the displacement loss, which will then bump MPG even more.

I'd doubt the hybrid will even be V8, unless they want to go in the vein of the current hybrid supercars. It seems like there's a glut of high performance versions though, it'll probably be paired with the four cylinder.

-Matt
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via MSN to twin turbo 281
Also The ecoboost has been completely redesigned as the only thing it shares with the older ecoboost engine is the displacement. It gets Port and Direct Injection due to the issues with DI and clogged valves and ports. The 2018 F150 is getting a diesel option which has been confirmed. The current ecoboost gas had so many issues including DI.

3.0 V6 powerstroke as released just hours ago. Also says the 5.0 will have direct and port injection.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...-2018.amp.html

2x95 cougars to the scapper
97 F250 psd 4x4 dd twin charged
48 Gmc Detroit diesel 453t twin sticked
45 Chevy 451 detroit twin sticked
51 Mack A51T restoration

Last edited by twin turbo 281; 01-08-2017 at 12:42 AM.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 04:24 PM
PostWhore

Gawd. I need to start making $100k/yr so I can buy these kind of goodies!

'97 Bird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake & PI Cams | Suspension Rebuild

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness

'00 2dr v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Greddy SP2 CAT-Back | Eibach ProKit springs | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | KYB-GR2 struts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.