TCCoA Forums banner

What fixes these codes? P1443 and P1131

32K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  outboardtech 
#1 ·
As it says, I scanned the car and these came up along with a closed loop fuel control issue. Could they be the same problem? or do I have a big issue to deal with?:confused:

#2 ·
Straight from the service cd (mostly, I added a descriptor after the code)
P1443=A problem with the EVAP purge flow system
Continuous Memory Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P1443 indicates an incorrect evaporative system purge control valve flow.

Possible causes:
-- Obstructed, open or cracked hoses between EVAP canister purge valve and intake manifold.
-- Damaged EVAP canister purge valve.
-- Damaged PF sensor.

P1131=Bank 1 upstream (front) O2 not switching properly showing that it thinks Bank 1 is going lean. Bank 1 may be going lean from what you say about a closed loop fuel issue.
Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) P1131 bank (1) (Cylinder #1) and P1151 bank (2) indicate the fuel/air ratio is correcting rich for an overly lean condition. The HO2S voltage is less than 0.45 volt. DTCs P1132 bank (1) (Cylinder #1) and P1152 bank (2) indicate the fuel/air ratio is correcting lean for an overly rich condition. The HO2S voltage is greater than 0.45 volt.

DTCs P1130 and P1150 indicate the fuel control system has reached maximum compensation for a lean or rich condition and the HO2S is not switching.

DTC/HO2S Reference List

-- HO2S-11 = DTCs P1131, P1132 and P1130

-- HO2S-21 = DTCs P1151, P1152 and P1150

Possible causes:

Fuel system

-- Excessive fuel pressure.

-- Leaking fuel injector(s).

-- Leaking fuel pressure regulator.

-- Low fuel pressure.

-- Contaminated injector(s)

Induction system

-- Air leaks after the MAF.

-- Vacuum leaks.

-- Restricted air inlet.

-- PCV system.

-- Fuel purge system.

-- Improperly seated dip stick.

EGR

-- Leaking gasket.

-- Stuck open EGR valve.

-- Leaking diaphragm.

Base engine

-- Oil overfill.

-- Cam timing.

-- Cylinder compression.

-- Exhaust leaks before or near the HO2Ss.

l Check air intake for leaks, obstructions and damage.

l Check air filter, air filter housing for blockage.

l Verify integrity of the PCV system.

l Check for vacuum leaks.

#6 ·
i am havin the same problems only my check engine light is comin on Someone told me it sounded like the mass air flow sensor and to test it by unplugging it while the car is off and to see if it is running any better I unplugged it and still no light came on. I'm curious to see what fixes urs so I can try it on mine. Also where would the most common place to look for a vaccumm leak? thanks Pat

#9 ·
i replaced two parts (little cans just underneath the headlights.,.

easiest way to get to them, jack up car, remove front passenger tire, and unscrew/pull back the lining, and you will se it right infront of where the air silencer used to be..

these two part numbers fixed my cel with P1443

E6ZZ-9C915-A and
F57Z-14A606-BA

one of them is like a little valve with an electrical connection, and the other is a little canister looking thing, u will also want to purchase like a foot or two of vacuum hose because the one in there will be all dry rotted and old.

hopefully this helps

btw-these two parts cost $72.82

like i said, that is what fixed my P1443 Cel code

Patrick

#10 ·
the lean code is proabably from the maf, if your willing to spend 100 bucks take it to ford tell them your CEL theyll do a baro test on all your sensors the the NGS and find out whats wrong

it could also be the canisters under the headlights, maybe one of the vacum lines to them is bad

when you unplug your maf if your car is in closed loop mode you will not notice a diff in idle as the computer already has everything set in stone, in open loop the car would be pooing a brick, so it could be when you have the maf unpluged your cars eec is still in closed loop, i wouldnt trust just unpluging it and thats how you tell if its bad

#11 ·
-- Obstructed, open or cracked hoses between EVAP canister purge valve and intake manifold.
id look for that 1st, then if the lines seem old but not to bad off, go with replacing the two canisters

#14 ·
ditto,take a piece in to match the size, i believe its the size of fuel line, maybe 5/8ths?

#18 ·
Replace all your vacumn hoses if you are getting a EGR code. If you have a 94-95, look for the green and red hard llines. they hook up the the EGR pump behind the intake, and the littlt saucer thingie. Replace all and I mean all you vacimn tubing and the EGR code will go away.

#19 · (Edited)
well, it must be the purge flow solenoid...the flow sensor (aka thermistor) did not fix the problem.

For future searches...the Motorcraft part number for the Canister Purge Flow Solenoid is CX1324 for the black top/black fittings and CX1158 for the natural-colored top/fittings. Its supposed to be the replacement for Ford part E6ZZ-9C915-A I'll update when I replace mine soon. :D Thanks for everyone's help!

#21 ·
while were on the topic...anyone have any info on code p0113 i know its listed as "high flow current from iat sensor"(from autozone atleast) and its because i put one of those magical "add 20+hp with a 5cent resistor" off ebay into the pigtail part of the iat...i replaced the pigtail (rewired it) and still get the same error, anyone have anything to offer on this? (sorry, didnt wanna start a new thread)

#22 ·
Even before I got my chip my car would throw the p1433 code when we switched to the winter oxygenated gasoline on 87 octane. When I would run 93 octane it wouldn't come on. I guess it just didn't like the winter gas mixture.

#23 ·
chromecoupe said:
while were on the topic...anyone have any info on code p0113 i know its listed as "high flow current from iat sensor"(from autozone atleast) and its because i put one of those magical "add 20+hp with a 5cent resistor" off ebay into the pigtail part of the iat...i replaced the pigtail (rewired it) and still get the same error, anyone have anything to offer on this? (sorry, didnt wanna start a new thread)
you probably need a new sensor you may have killed it

#24 ·
azreael344 said:
Even before I got my chip my car would throw the p1433 code when we switched to the winter oxygenated gasoline on 87 octane. When I would run 93 octane it wouldn't come on. I guess it just didn't like the winter gas mixture.
i dont think thats his problem in his case

ps ive never had that problem ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.