My evil plan - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

My evil plan

will this work? I am getting a 91SC with a blown HG I will machine the heads and port then some then put a SRT4 front mount intercooler on. Make a alcohol injection system -20 degrees blue wiper fluid with a junk windshield wiper res and pump with a fogger on the end going into the intake before the supercharger thats activated by a 5psi switch. Follow that with a 10-15% pulley and then get a tune. The car already has an exhaust system with no cats and headers. Flush out the cooling system and put water wetter in it with 50/50. So am I crazy or might this actually work?

1996 sport 4.6 130k and still strong.
1991 SC 3.8 project and toy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 95xbird Send a message via MSN to 95xbird
This question would be better asked on www.SCCoA.com

Crazier things have been done to SC's.

04 PI swap,SVO Supercharger 8-9 psi,Alcohol injection,39lbs Cobra injectors,XCal2-Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump,4.10 T-Lok,2003 4R70W built to withstand by RobertP,450hp JMOD,3800 circleD stall,trucool 4739 Trans Cooler,Dynotech 3.5 Driveshaft,70mm T/B,SCP Cold Air Intake,90mm LMAF,JBA headers,Magnaflow Midmount,No cats with 3inch piping,Vogtland 1.6inch drop,Cobra R's and xenon body kit.

Its slow, Really.
LS1 KILLER
1995 svo Tbird. R.I.P.
Parts FOR SALE http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=132585
96 Pearl white bird. Awaiting transplants from the 95
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 07:57 PM
1st Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to kamakazie_1
Sounds like you'd be on your way to being hooked on the SC and spending all your cash on them like the rest of the SC owners I know, including my self!!

But it is always fun to make these little V6s run like the ugly little step children they are...

RJ

1995 SC: Pearl white, 5Spd

2003 Ford F-350 Dually 4x4 7.3L PSD, Preditor Sport Prog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 09:54 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncoop23 View Post
will this work? I am getting a 91SC with a blown HG I will machine the heads and port then some then put a SRT4 front mount intercooler on. Make a alcohol injection system -20 degrees blue wiper fluid with a junk windshield wiper res and pump with a fogger on the end going into the intake before the supercharger thats activated by a 5psi switch. Follow that with a 10-15% pulley and then get a tune. The car already has an exhaust system with no cats and headers. Flush out the cooling system and put water wetter in it with 50/50. So am I crazy or might this actually work?
You don't really want to use the windsheild washer pump to spray the methanol injection. You need a much stronger pump that can operate at high pressure. It would also be better to inject after the supercharger and intercooler.

David

1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat..................707HP/650TQ
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 03:09 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

My idea was to use a window washer sprayer to spray cool water onto the intercooler at speed to reduce intake temperatures.

96 Laser Red 4.6L - Custom
Custom Nascar-Inspired Bodykit - 55* Rear Spoiler - J-modded Trans - 80mm MAF - One-Off Diablosport Chipmaster Revolution Chip/Tune W/Toggle - ScanGaugeII Diagnostics & Data Readout - PBR Brakes - Drilled/Slotted Rotors - SC Wheels & Springs - Falken Tires - KYB GR-1 Shocks/Struts - FSTB - RSTB - RTLB - LECB - 60/40 Split Rear - SC Seats - SC Vac/Boost Gauge
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 06:54 AM
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
My idea was to use a window washer sprayer to spray cool water onto the intercooler at speed to reduce intake temperatures.
The problem with that is the corrosion factor. You also have to put alot of pressure behind that water to push it through the intercooler otherwise it will just bead up and start blocking the air off going through and you could end up with higher IAC's. It would have to be a very fine mist as well so it can evaporate alot faster to take the heat with it.

I'm sure if it was an effective solution, everyone would be doing it.

Fraser

'94 LX - 3.8: Slow, but gets there.
'90 SC - 3.8: Gets there right quick, and is my baby.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fturner View Post
The problem with that is the corrosion factor. You also have to put alot of pressure behind that water to push it through the intercooler otherwise it will just bead up and start blocking the air off going through and you could end up with higher IAC's. It would have to be a very fine mist as well so it can evaporate alot faster to take the heat with it.

I'm sure if it was an effective solution, everyone would be doing it.

Fraser
Actually it is a pretty effective solution..I've looked into it. The problem is finding a sprayer that will spray a FINE mist. Also, how exactly are you going to control it? Toggle switch? Thermistor?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Wouldn't you want the spray before the sc because thats where all the heat comes from and right there while its being generated most of it will be gone also if sprayed into vacuum it will atomize better and scavenge from the reservoir in boost raising the line pressure?

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 07:34 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Injecting water, methanol, or washer fluid is a good way to cool intake charges ck a company called snow performance they sells a kit

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
get the intercooler sprayer assy from an Evo.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Obucina View Post
get the intercooler sprayer assy from an Evo.
Think they would have one at Parts Galore for a decent price?

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 09:14 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncoop23 View Post
Wouldn't you want the spray before the sc because thats where all the heat comes from and right there while its being generated most of it will be gone also if sprayed into vacuum it will atomize better and scavenge from the reservoir in boost raising the line pressure?
Some people spray before the supercharger because they have no choice (GTP, Lightning, Cobra ect ) I have hear of only one person spraying before the supercharger with an SC, and he used a dual nozzel with minimal spray to get a better seal on the rotor to case clearance, then used a second larger nozzel before the intake manifold.

Claims it added over a pound of boost. My concern would be keeping the mist in suspension thru the supercharger, upper IC tube, the intercooler, then uphill thru the lower IC tube and finally down into the intake manifold. Spraying before the IC also creates the possibility of puddling in the lower tank of the IC. It's not really a problem with the cars mentioned above, because the supercharger exhaust down straight into the intake manifold.

On an SC or other cars with similar tube and IC configuration, I think it makes more sense to let the IC do it's job and remove all the heat possible, then spray the methanol just prior to entering the intake manifold, like you would if using nitrous. That stuff you said about being sprayed into vacuum and scavanged from the reservoir isn't going to work like that.

David

PS: I'm using the Snow Performance system on both my cars.

1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat..................707HP/650TQ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in