Widest rim size i can fit! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Widest rim size i can fit!

I'm seeing here and there different info.

I plan on ordering the cobra wheels tomerrow off ebay( Let me know if there is a cheaper way) The ones i'm looking at are 18x9 front and 18x10 rears.

So i guess i should be asking what is the widest rear rims i can fit on 18's or 17's. I want to run the 275 in the rear with 245 in front. Also offset i should be looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-Po...spagenameZWDVW

And i'm loving this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-Ne...mZ200159645758

Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 06:33 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

unless youve done or are doing the mustang bolt pattern swap the wheels in the links wont fit.

CMP Drag Racing
best ET: 12.410 -- best MPH: 107.61
NMRA MM7270 -- NMCA EFI/? ????
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit The Pimp View Post
unless youve done or are doing the mustang bolt pattern swap the wheels in the links wont fit.

Ok i see 5x4.25 And if i'm reading this right i should go 18x9's with 36mm offset correct!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 09:16 PM

Gee's umm i dont remember uummm call discount tire they will tell you i know 18x9's but i dont remember the offset... hint hint i work at discount we have all the info in the computer at wok
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 06:31 PM

yeah 36mm offset, and you might need a 3mm spacer for the fronts.

18x10's, the only one's you'll find in our bolt pattern that FIT are made by Boyd Coddington. $$$$$$
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:15 PM
2nd Gear Poster

I am running 18x9s on the rear of my SC with 235/75 tires and a 36mm offset. The car is lowered with Eibach springs. When I first installed them, they rubbed the fender lip in the rear whenever the car suspension would compress. I added air bags to the springs and kept them inflatted to stiffen the rear suspension. No problems with rubbing now. I am thinking a ten inch wheel would be too wide unless the fender lips were rolled and even then if the tires stick out past the fenders, you are guaranteed to chew up your tires.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 04:21 PM
3rd Gear Poster

235-75s, wow for a 9 inch wheel, that seems kinda narrow to me.you should be able to go with atleast 255s or more. with the 75s, how much does that throw your speedo off?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
I've got a set of the 18" x 9" Gun Metal Grey Cobra R's from Cudaz101 at The Custom Wheel Shop, not all of their inventory including these rims are listed at their website. Brad was very helpful and there's a lot of good information in the Gun Metal Grey thread. Last I heard, there was one set of these left.

I plan on running the 245/45/18's in the front and 275/40/18's in the back when I've saved enough money to buy the tires.

Edit: Holy thread ressurection, I just noticed the original post was October of last year.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 09:03 PM
3rd Gear Poster

just looking around for something interesting and found this

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in