For better or worse... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

For better or worse...

Well, my weak spot for these cars won out, again, and I just rescued a 90 Supercoupe from certain destruction. I couldn't let it go because it's a complete car that has pretty much everything still there including a nasty lower end engine issue. I don't know that I can save the body. Actually, I am pretty sure that I can't because the few places that it is rusted are just not good places to rust and hard as hell to fix right. But, I can save the parts and I will probably have to part it out unless someone else with a soft heart comes in and buys it whole.

Fortunately my wife understands how I am about these cars and has decided to let me live for now. LOL

I will post up here what I am doing with it. I have $700 in it, which is already too much probably, but if the body is too far gone to fix then it gets parted out and the carcass hauled off to the scrap yard. I hate that, but it's better than letting all those parts go to the crusher too.

I will post pics as soon as they deliver the car next week.

Like I needed another car...

Darrin

01 F150 5.4L 4x4 and a 98 Mustang GT vert sitting engineless and without transmission or converter

All my vehicles tuned by BC Automotive (me)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Voice/Data Guru

Good luck D. Thanks for saving one from the "jaws" Sounds like a car to keep and restore !

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

Last edited by Boston-Bull; 10-08-2010 at 02:28 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

It kills me. Its a black and silver anniversary edition with the black wheels and is an automatic. That car has to be reasonably rare.

Gotta try to save it.

Darrin

01 F150 5.4L 4x4 and a 98 Mustang GT vert sitting engineless and without transmission or converter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
The manuals are the rarest of the 35th's (supposedly around the same production #'s as 95 5 speeds) but 35th's in themselves are still way cool. The seats any good??

-Matt
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Converter Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyd0g
I had a similar one here I tried to convince myself to save, after doing the math on the car and being disgusted with the nasty interior and complete lack of rocker panels alltogether I decided to part it out and make use of it keeping better cars on the road.
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com
Proud sponsor of the SC/XR7 Shootout and Joel Bender Memorial Nats

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 12:41 AM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

Just find another 90 SC and swap all the 35th parts onto it, no one will know the difference. Also you can simply do a "paws niv" LOL onto another body and there ya go its a 35th all over again.

the best part about those cars in the color scheme inside and out.

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

The seats aren't in the best of shape. The side bolsters look worse for the wear.

I will get the car here this week so that I can get a better look at it. Most likely it will end up like what Alan did and get parted out to help those guys who have better cars but might need parts.

Dunno yet. I will get pics when it gets here.

Darrin

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

I got the car here the other night and it's about in the shape that Alan's was. I don't think that I can make it run and put anyone in it as a driver and keep a clear conscience. The underside is in bad shape. Probably to the point that safety might be an issue.

Too much for me I think.

The center section of the seats has been redone, so the suede is gone. Also, the outer bolsters on both seats are trashed. Everything works though.

SO...

Anything anybody needs? It's pretty much all there. Some is in good shape and other stuff, not so much. Ask away.

I will make a parts car thread here as soon as I make the time to get pictures of the car.

Darrin

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
When you say the suede is gone, has it been replaced with grey leather, or what? Any pics of the seats?

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMikeyL View Post
When you say the suede is gone, has it been replaced with grey leather, or what? Any pics of the seats?
It has been replaced with something different. I will have to get the camera sometime next week and take pics of whatever anyone is interested in.

Darrin

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 05:12 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Very sad. I went through the same issue fighting with myself to keep a 95 SC 5 speed but the rust was just too much. Luckily, I found a good home for it with a guy on here and he is parting it out for his other Tbird. Why can't people take better care of their cars, especially the rare ones. Brian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in