94 sc help!!!! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to tbirdaholic
94 sc help!!!!

ok guys i need some support. Frist my names mat IM 22 iv been on these fourms here and there. Iv owned four tbirds so fAR a 91 sport 95 lx an 89 supercoupe(never saw the road) and now my 94 sc. I pick up the 94 about six months ago with blown head gasket outta long island for 650 it had 77xxx on it. The car was a pretty sweet deal or so i thought. It was a old mans car complete with wheel chair lift in the truck and over baring alarm system. The car is black it came with brand new dunlops and full borlas from the manifolds and a griffen radiator. I decided that insdead of just replace the heads i would put 89 short block in cause it had a 4.2 crank. and swap all the 94s better parts. The swap couldnt have taken longer i broke the timing chain cover on the 94 motor and it took forever to find one. The car had some serious elertical problems the injector harness was spliced with the alarm. Half the harness was missing. So i got a different harness swaped it in and found that it didnt plig with the harnes going across the header panel. So i took the old harness and spliced everthing that was missing. So after dumping every dime iv had in this car for the last six months i got it together and put it on the road. i mean i had a few problems like starters and what not but i guess small things are expected with motor swaps right. So i installed my 10 % pully and went for a few minor pulls ran great. Next morning went to show my friend my new car got outta town and got in er all the sudden there some weird noices and it sound like a lawn mower going thru a feild of rocks. Im pretty sure that the rod end caps were put in upside down and im at my wits end i need some support and sorry for my terrible grammer

94 sc NEW
4.2 crank borlas 2.5 pipes from headers back 5% od pully
89 sc parts car need somthing let me know
The journey of life isn't to arrive at death perfectly preserved but to slidein sideways yelling "DAMN" what a ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Kind of slapped together

I'm just trying to visualize how rod end caps can be put on upside down.

You mean backwards?

RwP
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdaholic View Post
got in er all the sudden there some weird noices and it sound like a lawn mower going thru a feild of rocks. Im pretty sure that the rod end caps were put in upside down and im at my wits end i need some support and sorry for my terrible grammer
... possibly your supercharger making the noise ? When the coupler goes bad it usually sounds like marbles ..

Running rough ? or just noisy ?

lots of information on SCCOA.com also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to tbirdaholic
Mabey backwords i had outta this world oil pressure as well and from what iv gathered they were put in backwords i also havent got the engine outta the car to see yet but I know its not the super charger i diconected the belt and did a quick start the sound was coming from the oil pan so i guess ill start building the 94 engine im buy a cam today

94 sc NEW
4.2 crank borlas 2.5 pipes from headers back 5% od pully
89 sc parts car need somthing let me know
The journey of life isn't to arrive at death perfectly preserved but to slidein sideways yelling "DAMN" what a ride
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
I bought my 94 SC with a Rod knock .. it was the rod making the knocking sound .. and the slapping from the piston on the cylinder wall was scraping it up and down making a horrible sound - probably similar to what you are hearing.

Only one way to find out what the problem is .. tear it down and measure everything.

More than likely, the Blown head gasket may have let coolant get into the oil and that is very bad on the bearings.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 02:43 PM

I would agree that it is a rod knock. I have had many Super Coupes, and most of them had this issue, ecspecially after sitting from head gasket problems.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in