SC / GTP Club Clash V - Cancelled - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

SC / GTP Club Clash V - Cancelled

Sorry for the multiple Posting ...... I'm trying to reach everyone as quickly as possible!!!!!

Members and Friends of Super Coupe Club of Iowa,

We have run into a scheduling problem with this weekends event (Club Clash V) to be held in Cedar Falls, and we have been forced to cancel the event.

I just got off the phone with the manager of Cedar Falls Raceway and he appoligizes profusely for the problem.

It seems that a charity group has rented the track on Saturday. "Harleys & Hotrods" is a drag racing event for charity and they have rented the track from 9am-5pm. He explained that this was a last minute deal that was finalized in June, and when he scheduled it he was unaware that we were planning to use the track that day. (He is in Illinois and is not involved with the day-to-day stuff in CF).

He did however show great interest in Club Clash, and would like to talk to us about it in more detail in the near future. He says that the main focus of Cedar Falls Raceway is to use it as a community facility and wants to empsize it's use by car clubs and related groups. He even went so far as to say, that they would be interested in supplying trophys and a purse if we can guarantee a certain amount of cars. (he was not specific about the car count they needed to do this).

So, it looks like we will call off this weekends event and just plan on doing the October event in Earlville.

Sorry for any problems this may have caused with your scheduling, and we do not see it happening again.

If any of you would want to get together and do something on Saturday, just let me know. We'll email everyone and post it on our BBS at sccoa.com and on our website.

Michael Albee - President - Super Coupe Club Of IOWA

Titanium 1991 SC - Auto
13.265 @ 102.63 mph

Stock Crank, Stock M90, and Stock SC Top .... Everything Else .... Ah, Not So Much!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 09:39 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

CCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I was REALLY looking forward to that club clash too. I've been preparing for it for the past 2 months! Oh well that only means I have until October to get more go fast goodies right? Well let me know what you plan to do between then and what, if anything, you lpan to do saturday. Post it here so I get an e-mail about it since I'm subscribd now.

Well I really wanted to get a time slip with all my mods but I was thinking of getting a decent tune at a local dyno shop here so maybe I'll get some hp out of that and a maf upgrade from my 55mm.

When you planning on going to Sprockets again? I have a membership there now

-Thomas

1988 Notch Mustang: - 438W, direct port n2o, t56
2003 SVT Focus: - SCT X3 tuner
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 09:49 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to supercharged95

that's sweet man; btw- i've seen you in ames a couple of times, i have a red 95sc; we were side by side at a stoplight once but nothing happened
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

OH YEAH I remember that. I was thinking "I wonder if he'll do anything" haha. Like my new exhaust? How about my performance squeeking ball joint? haha. Dude we gotta meet up sometime. We could start our own little ames club. The count is upto 4 now!
-Thomas

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 10:49 PM
4th Gear Poster

haha- yeah i was with my gf at the time(now an ex) and i was anticipating a race
i think i sent you a pm, but i'm not in ames anymore but we should definately get together sometime and hang out. let me know

josh
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 11:00 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

Oh yeah, hey Michael, You're lucky I got broed and checked out the supercoupe forum haha. I would've been at the track at 1pm SHARP and been like, "uhhh, where everybody go?"
-Thomas

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Thomas, I'm really bumbed out about the whole deal too ....... I'm sure we will plan to go to the track again before the next Club Clash in October. I'll email everyone when we can set something up.

If you (or anyone else), wants me to email you, MAKE SURE I have your email address on file!

I emailed everyone that i had on my list today ....... so if you didn't get an email from me today, I don't have you on the list!!!!!

I posted the message here, SCCOA, GTbird, TBU and at TBSCEC hoping that everyone would see it just in case I didn't get to everyone by email!!!!!

As for this weekend, it looks like Dale P and I will be making a flying trip to St. Louis to pick up a motor from Chris Wise. Dale's 89 5-speed had a little misfortune under the hood this week!

BTW Josh, do you own the rights to the above peice of "Car Art"? If so, I'd like to talk to to you about using it for something!

Titanium 1991 SC - Auto
13.265 @ 102.63 mph

Stock Crank, Stock M90, and Stock SC Top .... Everything Else .... Ah, Not So Much!!!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

Quote:
Originally posted by forcfed93
BTW Josh, do you own the rights to the above peice of "Car Art"? If so, I'd like to talk to to you about using it for something!
Actually I drew that I think he got it from "My Other Website" in my signiture. I have a few other things also. Check Out This Thread

-Thomas

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 10:21 AM
4th Gear Poster

sorry, i wish i could take credit for that artwork, but it is all thomas's doing!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

What would you want to use the picture for? I've had a few offers by people on here for t-shirts and I might even design the official TCCoA t-shirts but if you want to use that for something you can use it if I get a little sumthin sumthin Gimmie an e-mail about that and the PM I sent you too. Later.
-Thomas

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 05:09 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

And also, for some strange reason I can't e-mail you at your juno address. It keeps returning it to me

So put this e-mail on file: [email protected]

-Thomas

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Thomas
And also, for some strange reason I can't e-mail you at your juno address. It keeps returning it to me

So put this e-mail on file: [email protected]

-Thomas
Sorry about that ........ someone sent me two huge files and it filled up my mail box! It's all better now!

Titanium 1991 SC - Auto
13.265 @ 102.63 mph

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 09:02 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to T-bird4vr
Hey, I'm in Ames. You guys want to meet up sometime?
Julian, new to Sccoia.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in